CC INVASION TO NORMADIE AND WIN XP!!!!

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

CC INVASION TO NORMADIE AND WIN XP!!!!

Postby AUDIMAN » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:06 pm

HELLO,
THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND I AM GLAD TO FIND A WHOLE COMMUNITY OF CC PLAYERS TO HELP POSSIBLY.
I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP WITH SP2. MY COMPUTER IS WAYYY CAPABLE OF RUNNING THIS. I CAN INSTALL IT AND EVERYTHING BY CHOOSING THE "RECOMMENDED" PROCEDURE. EVERYTHING INSTALLS SMOOTHLY BUT, WHEN I GO TO PLAY THE GAME IT SAYS ITS A "READ ME ONLY" FILE.

I HAVE TRIED THE WINDOWS 98/ME COMPATABILITY THING ALONG WITH SETTING THE GAME RESOLUTION AND COLOR SETTING TO THE SAME AS MY DESKTOP! EVEN DISABLED THE DIRECTDRAW BUT NO LUCK....

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO JUST PLAY THIS GAME...I PLAYED THE RUSSIAN FRONT BEFORE ON MY OLD COMP AND CC KICKS BUTT. PLEASE HELP!
AUDIMAN

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CC INVASION TO NORMADIE AND WIN XP!!!!

Postby Von_B » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:00 am

Hello,

No need for all caps ;) We can read loud and clear :)

Have not seen this problem from a Retail Disk installation. CC needs temp files to run, so check your Hard Disk Folders are not Read Only.

Anyone else had this prob?
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby scott2978 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:03 am

Are you launching the game from a desktop icon or some other way? Are you using an original game CD or a copy?
scott2978

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby lilfisher » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:39 am

Hello......
Well my problem is similiar but even more frustrating... I have the original cd and get and error "this program was not intended to use with your current version of Windows" I cant install or load at all. Cant copy to directory or run from hard drive either. Sam error whether runnng setup or executable.

Now what????

%\
lilfisher

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Bernd_Nowak » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:16 am

lilfisher wrote:Hello......
Well my problem is similiar but even more frustrating... I have the original cd and get and error "this program was not intended to use with your current version of Windows" I cant install or load at all. Cant copy to directory or run from hard drive either. Sam error whether runnng setup or executable.

Now what????

%\

Is this the error: [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb]
Bernd_Nowak

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby lilfisher » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:51 am

no...
The error is exactly as described in quotes. BUt I guess I could try this. do the dos commands remain in place or end after the program is installed. hard to believe Microsft doesnt offer more specific support for each game that no longer runs, or maybe not.
lilfisher

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Bernd_Nowak » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:52 am

I assume it Windows XP 32bit and not Windows XP 64 ? Because I have no experience with the 64 bit version of Windows XP and Close Combat :rolleyes:
Bernd_Nowak

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby lilfisher » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:41 pm

thanks for trying to help. I had not been to this forum before until I ran into this issue. I think its 32 bit...but how can i verify. There has to be a way to get the install launched. I wonder what its cracking against to give that error
lilfisher

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby lilfisher » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:45 pm

Could it be the direct draw issue talked about in some of the other threads posted? How does that help
lilfisher

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.