Blue screen of death upon trying to play certain plugins

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Blue screen of death upon trying to play certain plugins

Postby Gnartron » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:10 pm

I have a fatal error when I try to play DOF2 for cc3, but I had the same problem with another plugin before....

I have a ati 9200 All in wonder series grpahics card 512mb ram intel P4.

when I try to launch cc3 exec i get an instant blue screen error message stating that windows has been shut down for some reason and something about a system physical memory dump, I will crahs my computer once again to write out in script what the error message is, any help greatly appreciated as always

simply uninstalling the plugin solves the problem
Gnartron

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Blue screen of death upon trying to play certain plugins

Postby Von_B » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:15 pm

Having spent many years as a Systems and Networks engineer, the BSOD is 99% caused by Driver issues, and can be a bugger to nail the cause, often ending up in a Sherlock Holmes type of investigation going through the possibilities until you get the cause.

However, if your System is stable without these plugin, then the first culprit may be the CC3.exe if it has been modified by the Mod. I am not sure if this is the case. Take a look inside the plugin and see if CC3.exe or the CCRsc.dll is part of the plugin.

Are you running Windows 2000 or XP?

The memory dump is useful for those that know what to do with it. It normally contains a huge amount of debug info, often in hex. Unfortunately, I do not have that knowledge, but it can provide clues. You can try the MS Knowledge Base on the error message(s) and see what it comes up with. That has helped me on occasions.

As ever, try and check that all DirectX, Media and hardware Drivers are up to date and compatible.
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Gnartron » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:18 pm

I am running XP and I have most recent drivers for my gfx card I BELEIVE though im not certain I will see what I can do but Ill have to post the error message for anyone weho may understand it, though I have trouble understanding half of what you tried to tell me, but it was still helpful and thanks alot!
Gnartron

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby ArmeeGruppeSud » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:04 am

G'day Gnartron

Beeblebrox may be right about the exe being the problem.

DOF2 does in fact install a modded exe.

DOF2 uses the BR clan's CC3 uniform mod which is in the exe.

One way to find out for sure if the BRclan exe is the problem.

Before installing DOF2, backup (make copy of) the unmodded CC3.exe. Rename it (e.g. backup.exe) and leave it in your Close Combat 3 folder.

After installing DOF2 use the renamed CC3 exe (backup.exe) to start game.

If it works you will be able to play DOF2, but without the BRclan's uniform mod.

Hope that helps.

cheers
AGS
The DOF2 mod's plugin download is back up.

You can download the Der Ost Front 2 mod (22.90 MB) at the top of this page (DOF Version 2 MAIN)

You can also now download the DOF2 MAPPACK (762.11 MB) on this page
May we meet for D\- Image D#c% at
the restaurant at the end of the universe
ArmeeGruppeSud

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Gnartron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:10 am

yeah I tried to use that plugin before it was the one I got the problem with in the first place, and I found it through process of elimination ,that was rather crafty of me I might add, anyways first part of fixing things is identity the problem which we have done now whats the solution!

*edit* just read what you posted man I have the attention span of a rock right now haha... :cool-smil :cool-smil :cool-smil D\- D#c% thank you and im certain it will work.
Gnartron

Like / Share CSO - Post

update

Postby Gnartron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:34 am

well I get no blue screen of death anymore but I get a small error that just says error
no text in the box
but its a lesser of two evils
either way Ill keep trying I dunno
I cant tell if i did it wrong or something is there a certain order to install plugins
?
Gnartron

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby ArmeeGruppeSud » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:06 am

To play DOF2 just install DOF_v2_MAIN.pln only.

It is not nescesary to install DOF_P2_MAIN.pln at all.

The write up on the download page can be misleading.
@ Beebs
Have been wanting to have the Descriptions on those 2 downloads rewritten as many ppl appear to be downloading DOF1 (DOF_P2_MAIN.pln) thinking it needs to be installed b4 DOF2 (DOF_v2_MAIN.pln).

After installing DOF_v2_MAIN.pln you can add an AI submod. DOF_v2_GP.pln or DOF_v2_RP.pln to get a tougher fight against the AI.

Or if you are lucky enough to have a regular H2H opponent, you can install the DOF_v2_H2H.pln for H2H campaigns with plenty of tanks.

Cheers

AGS
The DOF2 mod's plugin download is back up.

You can download the Der Ost Front 2 mod (22.90 MB) at the top of this page (DOF Version 2 MAIN)

You can also now download the DOF2 MAPPACK (762.11 MB) on this page
May we meet for D\- Image D#c% at
the restaurant at the end of the universe
ArmeeGruppeSud

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Gnartron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:37 am

well, I have only DOF_v2_main thats all I need right? but I still cant play it after all your help :(

I mean i have all the ai and h2h plugins but I know I didnt need version 1
Gnartron

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Gnartron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:28 am

UPDATE: the problem is solved though how I do not know thanks to all for their help and especially you AGS killer mod once again. thanks alot
Gnartron

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.