Help

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Help

Postby 1CP » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:04 am

I have recently purchased a new computer and reinstalled CC5. The new machine is quite fast and good for other games but when I try to play my all time favourite (anything from the CC series) it is simply unworkable. The new puter has windows XP and a core 2 chip so its not like I don't have enough horse power to the run the game.

I seems like its stalling and going intermitently. Scrolling and selecting units is very difficult as the game just doesn't seem to take the commands as there is a substantial lag.

I have played with the scroll speed but that doesnt seem to help. Has this happened to anyone else?

I would appreciate any help. I'd like to purchase CoI but I'm obviously hesitant if I can't get this one going. The problem seems to be the same for CC5 and RtB. CC 3 seems to be ok although scrolling is still an issue....

%\
1CP

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Help

Postby Senior Drill » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:13 am

Explore to the CC game .exe in each main folder. Right click on it. In the popup window, select Properties. In the Properties window, open the Compatibility window. Change the compatibility to Win95 or Win98.

That should cure most of your ills. You may also have to disable DirectDraw. Search for that in this forum for more discussion on that.

CC3 Cross of Iron was made to be compatable with with WinXp, so you won't have any of the problems you do with the older games.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Help

Postby 1CP » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:59 am

Thanks very much for the help. Unfortunately it didnt seem to work as changing the settings has meant that CC5 won't boot up altogether. I have also tried to play with the processor speed which hasn't acheived much either. I'll keep scanning the threads. If anyone else has any suggestions I'm all ears....

:confused-
1CP

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.