Of routers, firewalls, and monsters under the bridge..

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Re: Of routers, firewalls, and monsters under the bridge..

Postby RD_Cpl._Remains » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:09 pm

Well, I still think I'm close. All ports opened at windows and router. A static IP has been established, and the ports at the router forwarded to said static IP. Now though, ingame CCV multiplayer displays the external IP rather than my static internal one that everything was forwarded to. (should it?)I went through and re read everything here, but I gotta ask -did I somehow misunderstand what IP to forward the ports to? I'm still getting the GS error where it detects internal and external IP conflicts and that it may keep me from hosting and playing. I haven't had the opportunity to try TCP IP to see if that works, but I've opend up the ports to do so. Is GS tricky for this program? Or is it just the IP wars going on here?
RD_Cpl._Remains

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Of routers, firewalls, and monsters under the bridge..

Postby RD_Roach » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:00 am

RD_Cpl._Remains wrote:Well, I still think I'm close. All ports opened at windows and router. A static IP has been established, and the ports at the router forwarded to said static IP. Now though, ingame CCV multiplayer displays the external IP rather than my static internal one that everything was forwarded to. (should it?)I went through and re read everything here, but I gotta ask -did I somehow misunderstand what IP to forward the ports to? I'm still getting the GS error where it detects internal and external IP conflicts and that it may keep me from hosting and playing. I haven't had the opportunity to try TCP IP to see if that works, but I've opend up the ports to do so. Is GS tricky for this program? Or is it just the IP wars going on here?

Yes the ingame multiplayer TCP address you see is your Internal IP(runs from Tower to Router.In order to play through the Ingame MP,if you host,you need to give your opponent your External IP.

No GS is not hard,just open the ports for it.
http://www.reddevilscc.com

CC Greatest game ever!!!!
RD_Roach
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Previous

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.