Registry Entries

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Registry Entries

Postby Pzt Harrison » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:21 pm

Right. So here I am, new pc and all. I install CC5, and it plays. I download Stal, Winter War and Fall Sverige and use the CC5 Config Manager to put them on.

Unable to read one or more registry entries.
Please reinstall Close Combat.

WTF, says I. I reinstall, put the mods together and try again. Same message. I know I've sorted this out before, but I've been away far too long to remember how.

Help required.
Pzt Harrison

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Registry Entries

Postby philip_wells » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:58 am

you may need to install unofficial CC5 patch
philip_wells
Stabsfeldwebel
Stabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:34 am

He means the official patch. Virtually all mods, and certainly all current mods are based on the 5.01 patch .exe and the registry entries it creates. Look in the downloads area to find it.

It might behoove you to uninstall CC5 and re-install it, then run the patch, just to ensure that nothing gets left over from a mod.

And just as a reminder, never install a mod over the top of another mod unless it is specifically noted that it is a sub mod to another one.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt Harrison » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:10 pm

My sincerest thanks. I remember the patch now, and another re installation will mean nothing so long as it all works by the end.

I wasn't installing the mods over each other, though. I'm not that thick :D
Pzt Harrison

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.