CCV crashes after multiplayer battle

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

CCV crashes after multiplayer battle

Postby thevogan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:59 pm

Me and a buddy of mine have been playing the Vanilla CCV campaign mode, but every once and awhile after a battle, it crashes, as if its struggling to load the battle outcome screen. Any ideas on what the issue could be?
thevogan

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CCV crashes after multiplayer battle

Postby __Creeper__ » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:15 pm

The "end battle" crash is a well known issue inherent in this game, and the bane of many a Close Combat player. Nothing that you can do but to suck it up when it happens, and play the battle over again and cross your fingers when the battle ends.

it will happen whether the battle ends by truce, timer or victory/defeat.

Set the game timer to 15 minutes. You lose less time when your forced to play the same battle twice.. or 3 times.. or 4 or 5. %\
__Creeper__

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:13 pm

One thing that may or may not be related is if one person is on dial-up and one on DSL or faster. This may only be voodoo as it's not proven but if your conns are split up that way (one on 56k one on DSL) then that may be the cause. Again that's not scientifically proven.
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby anzac_lord4war » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:43 am

i play stumpy and cannon,they are on 56k,and im on adsl.
we have only had the 00.00 freeze on GJS.
maybe good to list the mods with the 00.00 freeze
and between which players and connections.
anzac_lord4war

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:12 pm

Well I've heard reports that people playing under the same circumstances (1 on 56k the other on DSL) have the same 00:00 crash on Afrika 40-41. I think differences in the network connection is the cause here. Again just my hunch.
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby RD_Roach » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:32 pm

You may be onto sumthing here Jim,Ive been playing CC5 basicly since it was released(before 501a) Although i had the same bugs occur as most,i never had the 00 crash problem(if i was hostin) but it did happen a few times,when others that had this bug often,were hosting me.
http://www.reddevilscc.com

CC Greatest game ever!!!!
RD_Roach
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby anzac_lord4war » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:46 am

but by the same token
i play both the same people on other mods
and without any freeze even when deep into a campaign.
personally when i played africa my first impression was that it felt similar to GJS (maybe thru the sounds)
maybe there is something familiar a style which Jim copied or replicated.
anzac_lord4war

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:08 am

Re: 00:00 crash - Yeah the problem is this is a bug that isn't going to be replicateable every single game. I'm guessing nominal operation between a 56k modem and DSL can be expected for MOST of the time. However when it does happen I'm guessing it's because one or the other connection is timing out due to lag.

Re: Afrika vs. GJS - Oh absolutely! Duh! LOL Come one now! My momma didn't raise no fool. :D All joking aside, I started with GJS as the framework but by the time me and the team were done there wasn't a facet of the game that wasn't tweaked in some way. Nearly all of the weapons data are different. Nearly all of the vehicle data are different save a handful. Uh the elements file is revamped with only about 40% of GJS data remaining in that file. Of course all 44 maps, etc. Completely new strat layer of my own design. So in the end it's almost a completely new mod. There isn't really any tweaking that can be done to the exe with the exception of strat layer, naval, arty and soldier colors so that was relatively unchanged but given they were able to mod the same features it too under went massive changes.

So I guess your assesement of the sounds setting the tone was an accurate one. Maybe that's what your perceiving. However my bren sound is more accurate IMHO. I changed most of the rifle sounds to be deeper and throatier rather than the familiar GJS "pop". I went more the route of Band Of Brothers with some tweaking of my own. However only 3 or 4 of those sounds were able to be used. Maybe it was just the huge impression GJS made on me. My philosophy was if I wanted a good mod to start with the best one out there and go from there. That's what I did. But again what I wound up with was about 95% different from what I began with.

Interesting side-topic but we should get back on topic.
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby RD_Roach » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:21 am

anzac_lord4war wrote:but by the same token
i play both the same people on other mods
and without any freeze even when deep into a campaign.
personally when i played africa my first impression was that it felt similar to GJS (maybe thru the sounds)
maybe there is something familiar a style which Jim copied or replicated.

From my experence with CC5,the ones that had this issue,had it often,Ill use AA_Proto as a example,he suffered this issue often,and with me if he had hosted,if i hosted it didnt happen. Why,i have no clue,just knew what it took for us to play H2H.
http://www.reddevilscc.com

CC Greatest game ever!!!!
RD_Roach
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.