vehicles adding/transfer problem

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

vehicles adding/transfer problem

Postby Open Season » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:05 pm

first hello to everyone on forum, and apologise for my bad english.

i decided to ad some vehicles (sturmtiger, pershing, ostwind etc) to regular cc5 so lan playing would be more fun.

i read all i could find about that matter, and 10 days ago i started: first i added graphics to tanks.azp and guns.azp from other mods (using photoshop and rtb tool), then edited vehicles, weapons and teams.adb accordingly. saved, started cc5, and none of new units were available..

decided to go one unit at time, started with nebelwerfer unit extracted from Drexel mod, repeated procedure (repainted werfer in grey, added that graphic named nwerfer41 to guns.azp, edited vehicles, weapons and teams.adb, even aded new icon to screengadget.gdg(resized picture to 80*60, saved as 2 images in new folder, named bgunit184) repacked it using rtbtool and got this :

when removed that icon, reinstalled game, and just tried to ad nebelwerfer got eror: out of memory when starting the game, or game crashes when loading a map..

so, let me apologise for 1000 miles post, but i am desperate and wanted to give you all details so maybe you can discower what i scr*wed up?

what i did wrong? all images i edited were saved as 16 bit tga..
are there some rules about new icons in screngdg.gdg ? i used size same as existing icons and result is visible from screenshot above.

why my new units are not in the game? are there rules about naming .tex files? (i used names like:sturmtiger.tex )

thanks for help guys!
Open Season

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: vehicles adding/transfer problem

Postby squadleader_id » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:22 pm

After adding the new vehicles...you need to add them to the BGs...using BGedit.
As for the messed up screengdg.gdg, you added a new icon file bgunit184...thus messing up the repack. You should have replaced an icon file instead - ie: your new icon file replacing an existing bgunit icon (bgunit000-bgunit183).
squadleader_id
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Open Season » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Thank you alotsquadleader_id D#c% ! i will try that today.

and screengdg.gdg, and unability to add, just replace icons:
does same rule apply for tanks.azp and guns.azp or there are no restrictions i.e. i can add vehicles with textures named whatewer i like? or i have to replace existing textures wit new ones, and use specificaly name of the replaced texture for linking image to vehicles.adb?
Open Season

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby yukongold » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:55 am

Open Season, you can add new vehicles to the tanks and guns .azp files with new names. Just remember to also add a hull, turret, or gun shadow as well, with the same name as your new tex. You can either make a new shadow or copy and rename an existing one. If you are using XTank remember to add the entry into the txt file before you repack the azp. With Xtank the images are flipped horizontally from what they will appear in the game.
yukongold
Stabsfeldwebel
Stabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:51 am

Also must add a corresponding wreck
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.