CC2 Problem.

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

CC2 Problem.

Postby E-Bass » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi, just wondering if you guys could help me out on a little problem I've been having with CC2. I just reinstalled it on a modern PC, the game starts and it says "loading", then when it gets to the opening video (the short one that shows planets and stuff and probably the developers name or something) I can hear the music but the screen is just black and it never progresses.

Many thanks
E-Bass

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CC2 Problem.

Postby Senior Drill » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:05 pm

Humm, dissapearing posts. Five hours ago there were three other posts in this thread; one by Mafi, a response by E-Bass and a post by me.

I'll repeat most of what I said:

E-Bass, hold down the Ctrl Key when you click the shortcut to or the actual CC2.exe. This will bring up an options window. Uncheck the "Play Videos" box. That should allow the game to play.

That is the quick work around. The fix might be the same as for CC3, CC4 and CC5. I'm not sure if it works for CC2. Download the old Intel Codec and install it. That should fix the problem by installing old and depricated video codecs that will allow older videos to play.

You can find it in the "Other" section at the bottom of the Downloads.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.