CCV and Windows 8

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

CCV and Windows 8

Postby Sidekick » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Has anyone seen this problem? After a looonnnnnng absence I have become interested in Close Combat again. I wanted to try the Stalingrad Mod for CCV. I successfully located the old CD and loaded the game. To my surprise the game ran the firs time

... BUT...

When I tried to install the mod plugin with the config manager (v1.3) the game generated an error "Could not find registry entry, please reinstall".

Uninstalling the plugin fixed the problem.

Got the same error when I tried the patch that bypasses the need to have the CD in drive to run the game.

My current machine is an HP PC running windows 8.1.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

- Sidekick (formerly known as ichrist)
Sidekick

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CCV Will Run on Windows 8 With a little help.

Postby Sulla » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:42 am

Hia Mate,

They are very different OSs but that being said, it can run on Win8.1

There is an article here about installing Windows virtual PC for win 7 on win 8! Its not too much hassle. Essentially it gives you a virtual [complete] win XP machine on Win7. Sadly MS stopped doing it for 8 and added a new feature, which IMHO is much more drastic and much clunkier and has NO XP mode! Just allows multiple OS's but not virtual.

I posted a how to on here a while ago, should have left it stickied lol!

The Workaround for Win8 is here:
How to Get a Windows XP Mode Virtual Machine on Windows 8.1

This is the Install for Win Virtual PC and XP mode
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14950&p=113709#p113709

I hope this helps Sidekick, if not lmk and see what we can do!

Cheer - S

Art Of Combat - Forums[TAOC] - The Next Generation Tactical Simulation - Taking over where CC Left Off Coming Soon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TACKOM LTD - Developer of Art of Combat - Website
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nec amicus officium nec hostis iniuriam mihi intulit, quo in toto non reddidi. - Sulla
No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy - Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix
sulla@closecombat.org
Skype - imperator_sulla
Games I Have Worked On .....

Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CCV and Windows 8

Postby Sidekick » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:18 am

Or... I could just re-install the game using the default path for the install directory... Now it works fine. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Sidekick

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CCV and Windows 8

Postby Sulla » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:12 am

LMAO - Now that's telling me :) Well done mate!

Shaun
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.