Config - How To use Plugins - Complete Guide

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Config - How To use Plugins - Complete Guide

Postby Sulla » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:40 am

Hi Guys,

I have just posted a complete guide to using plugins.

It was written by none other than our very own CSO_Beeblebrox / aka VonB :)

This is a step by step guide on how to use the plugin manager.

Its on the main page and I have aslo added it as an FAQ question, so you have 2 ways of getting to it.

Config Manager - How To - Click Here

A big thanks to Beebs for taking the time to write this up :)

Cheers

Sulla

Art Of Combat - Forums[TAOC] - The Next Generation Tactical Simulation - Taking over where CC Left Off Coming Soon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TACKOM LTD - Developer of Art of Combat - Website
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nec amicus officium nec hostis iniuriam mihi intulit, quo in toto non reddidi. - Sulla
No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy - Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix
sulla@closecombat.org
Skype - imperator_sulla
Games I Have Worked On .....

Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:20 am

Enjoyed doing it. Are there any other special requests? I do not mind trying to make other guides if you think it's useful. Obviously, it would be better to make guides for the more common requests first.... I am not sure how soon I could do any, but willing to try :)
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Sbufkle » Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:09 pm

CSO Beeblebrox wrote:Enjoyed doing it. Are there any other special requests? I do not mind trying to make other guides if you think it's useful. Obviously, it would be better to make guides for the more common requests first.... I am not sure how soon I could do any, but willing to try :)

I was/am working on FAQ aimed at expalining the pop up errors. Basically aimed at computer newbies... for instance what the famous error that pops up when you dont have the correct map ect. Ill dig into it & see if maybe we can set up perhaps a "CC For Dummies section."
CSO_Sbufkle

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:55 pm

Would be pleased to contribute to a CC for Dummies or something like that. :)
Fourty Two
[/size][/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Ingame error

Postby Stan Da Man » Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:36 pm

Hi, may I know how to not get the 'Too many weapons defined' error to popup? Help me please...
Stan Da Man

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:35 am

Oh. Here it is. At least a part of it.

When is a Sticky not a Sticky? I just had to scramble all over the place to give a link to Beeblebrox's guide that does not have Sbufkle's link on another forum. The "Sticky" must have become unstuck. Image

@CSO_Sbufkle: Two things. First, how the hell does one pronounce "Sbuflkle" anyway and second, could you provide your link again?

Also on the topic, I have fought Plugins and my manner of screwing up any application I come in contact with several times. An inate ability, it seems. Through it all, I have found how to back out a failed install or unistall from Configuration Manager without having to go to the extremes of re-installing the CC game. It all amounts to just a few cut and pastes from the \Originals file.

I have gotten about 3/4's of the way through a text explanation in my all too typical verbose and pentantic style, which boored me so much that I can't even read it without nodding off.

If any of you are interested in including an edited and polished version in the new guide, let me know. Coffee or No-Doz may be required.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:23 am

Senior Drill wrote:...I have gotten about 3/4's of the way through a text explanation in my all too typical verbose and pentantic style, which boored me so much that I can't even read it without nodding off...

LOL! You can be a severe man Drill, but you have a sense of humour!

We are always interested in Help/FAQ's, and thanks for the offer. If you want, send it to me: beeblebrox@closecombat.org.

I have never even attempted to pronounce sbufkle :) From my memory, it has something to do with Ice Hockey???? but there are so many bizarre handles around anyways.

As to stickies, they are an Admin/Moderator function afaik. I must admit when I am grabbing URL's, I sometimes wonder what the hell it might be :) as they often seem to be huge strings of gobbledygook ;)
Fourty Two
[/size][/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Sbufkle » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:45 pm

The link is

http://www.closecombat.org/gwlegion/config.html

Now, as far as Sbufkle...

Its an inidan word that means "Babay with really large penis"

Okay so it isnt.....

Pronounced sbuff-kull. Although unless you read your e-mail & posts out loud, you really dont know how to pronounce.

It originates from a summer ball hockey league where the guys who ran the league decided to name our managers club something the other teams couldnt pronounce.. & we found Sbufkle. I was team captian which in its own right is crazy enough. we lost in deciding game of semi finals.

Incidentally we named the team 'Its Cancelled" the next year & sure enough 2 teams failed to show after rading that thier next game was slotted as "Its Cancelled". We lost in overtime of the finals.. one shot away from winning they managed to put one behind me first.

now you know.. the rest of the story!
CSO_Sbufkle

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Config - How To use Plugins - Complete Guide

Postby Pzt_Cobalth-77 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:28 pm

Senior drill, could you give me some advise. I'm not able to uninstall the gjs mod with the plugin manager.
Message: Failed to copy System\Original\ScrnGadg.gdg to C:\Program files\SSI\CloseCombatInvasionNormandy\Graphics\ScrnGadg.gdg (Error code=5)
Thank u very much.
Pzt_Cobalth-77

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:48 pm

I've seen your posts here at CSO and over at Ryan's. I'm not sure what your current configuration is so there are a couple of things you can do.

If you have reinstalled CC5 and the patch since you began to have problems, and CC5 is running correctly, then all you need to do is edit the Configuration Manager for CCV config.dat file, as schrecken suggests and then delete everything in the ConfigV\System\Original folder. Then you will be able to reinstall GJS.

If you have not reinstalled CC5 and the patch, then you can do one of two things, neither fun or pretty:

A. 1. Uninstall the patch, then uninstall CC5 and reinstall them. You will not need to backup or save any of the CC5 files: All of your non-stock game maps, battles, campaigns and saved files will still be in the CC5 folder.
2. If you install the game to a folder other than the default C:\Program files\SSI\CloseCombatInvasionNormandy folder, you will need to edit the registry so that the Configuration Manager can find CC5. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.00. Highlight the string value labled "InstalledTo", right click and select "Modify" then change the entry from the default to where CC5 is actually installed.
3. Edit the Configuration Manager V config.dat file.
4. Empty the System\Original folder.

B. 1. Open Configuration Manager V, or whatever you named the folder with Explore, then open the System\Packages\GJSv43\Uninstal.txt file with Notepad or Wordpad. Either leave that window open or print the file out. Using the command lines of the Uninstal.txt as a guide, you can now go to the System\Original folder and cut and paste the original CC5 files back to the proper folders of CC5. Note that the stock CC5 files are dated 2000 or before and the GJS files are generally dated 2002.
2. Be doubley sure that each file goes back to the right folder, or the game will crash sooner or later and give you fits trying to find the file you put in the wrong place! Believe me! When you are done, the System\Original folder should be empty.
3. Edit the config.dat file as above. GJS should now be completely uninstalled and CC5 back in original condition.
Also edit the registry as in A. (above) if CC5 is not installed to the default directory.

Either one of those ways should work for you. I prefer the cut and paste method rather than uninstalling and reinstalling, because it takes only about 10 minutes and I don't have to edit the registry again, but the uninstall\reinstall method is more idiot proof.

I hope this helps.
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Cobalth-77 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:59 am

Senior Drill, i used your first option (edit the Conf.dat file and deleting the Original folder). The installed section of the CfgV.13 was empty after that, but when i started up the game gjs was still running!? And i couldn't install gjs anymore ( failed to copy...because Aqueville...doesn't exist). I uninstalled the 5.01 patch again, even then the gjs mod was running again but in version 5.0??? I uninstalled CC5 completely, and installed again + the 5.01 patch.
Everything works fine after that, no more trouble, no more errors.
Thank u very much for your help.
Pzt_Cobalth-77

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Sturm Huhnchen » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:41 pm

Danka Herr Sulla, your post was clear and easy to follow, and works on all the CC versions, (Iam currently on IV) desperately awaiting a chance to prove myself to the fatherland on the eastern front. I used your instructions to plug in True Green, and while I have not seen any tigers yet I have seen jagd panthers , and all armor is beefed up a quite a bit.

ACH A DOODLE DOOO
Sturm Huhnchen

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby James » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:54 pm

Hi, i have a problem with te config manager 1.3
i have a PC with a c: drive containing windows exc. and an E drive containing al my programe files including ccv and the config manager program.
when i try to instal the file an eror apears saying:
faild to copy from c:ssi/programfiles/ssi/cc invasion normandy to system/cc invasion normandy.exe
cant find c: program files/ssi/cc invasion normandy.exe

does this mean that Config manager and plugins do not work when using a an e: drive???

if any one nows an answer i would be very much helped!
James

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:26 pm

You can have your games installed on a hard drive other than C:\ and use the Configuration Managers. You need to edit your Registry file first.

Go to this thread for an explanation of what you need to do: http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showpost.php?p=54154&postcount=2
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: HELP

Postby BR_NJSC » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:18 pm

hello im BR njsc and i neeed help id the cc5 i have all the game install and when i im plaing the game the cursor and the game moves then stop then move passe a sec and all the game moves to slow if i whant to move to the oder side of the map the cursor only go pass a sec it is no rapid and i have the scroll speed at maximun
BR_NJSC

Like / Share CSO - Post

Next

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.