Getting Grossdeutchland MOD to work

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Re: Getting Grossdeutchland MOD to work

Postby Von_B » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:01 am

I'm sure I put it as an attachment earlier inthis thread somewhere...

BB
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:00 am

dawgfan56 wrote:OK, I have my laptop back. A new harddrive, absolutely clean. I completely started over with CC III and GrossDeutchland. Instead of installing the .pln Grossdeutchland Mod, I installed the "archieve" version. Guess what? It didn't take. Therefore I don't think the archieve version of the Grossdeutchland patch works with plugin config manager. So, where do I find a .pln GD patch? When I installed the .pln version, it worked.

Ok dawg, if we chase this around the yard one more time, I think we can get it cornered.

I think that most of us are confused by what you are refering to as the " 'archieve' version".

If you would, please show us exactly what this file's name looks like, for example Grossduetchland mod patch.arc, or what ever it is named. The extention is a piece of the puzzle you have posed. If possible, can you post a screenshot of your directory where you have this file?

A lot of the advise and info given on this problem has been about different things, evidently. Including my post. Show us what it is that is giving you fits and then I think we can really solve this poser.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby dawgfan56 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:26 am

OK, I know everyone thinks I am stupid, especially my wife. I will make a concerted effort tomorrow to learn how to do a screen shot. The file I am looking at says "GD Patch 1, 16kb". When you unzip the file, there is a "data" file that has a size of "0 kb". Nothing. The file was downloaded from CCO website. BB put some recommendations for screen shots that I will review. There is a distinct possibility that I missed something critical to my quest when I was hospitalized and I have not done my research. So I will start digging ASAP. In the meantime, if what I reported above makes any sense, please help. The file is zipped, when I unzip it, there are two subfiles, one data and one readme, nothing in either. Thanks guys.
dawgfan56

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby dawgfan56 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:33 am

OK BB, I found it, back on Oct 26th. A GD Patch.pln file. So, I downloaded it, put it in config manager and CM told me that it didn't have an install.txt file. How do I install it?
dawgfan56

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:43 am

dawgfan56 wrote:OK BB, I found it, back on Oct 26th. A GD Patch.pln file. So, I downloaded it, put it in config manager and CM told me that it didn't have an install.txt file. How do I install it?

The zip file has a content of 0 kb? That would indicate a partial download; one that didn't complete for one reason or another. Try downloading it again. If it still shows 0 kb, then the downloadable file is fugged.

If all went well and the downloaded file shows a size well above zero, delete the existing .pln file in your Configuration Manager\Plugins and the entire GD Patch 1 folder in Configuration Manager\Systems\Packages. Then extract the .zip file (which should be one .pln file and maybe a readme.txt file) to the \Plugins folder.

Start Configuration Manager and then close it.

For some unknown reason, the Configuration Managers don't always extract all the files of a .pln (plugin) to the Configuration Manager \System\Packages\(mod name) folder. Most times they does, some times they doesn't. :confused-

No plugin is made without an install.txt file. It has to be in the plugin for the plugin to work. You can find it by opening your Configuration Manager for CC3\Plugins folder and then opening the GD Patch.pln with WinZip, WinAce or WinRAR. If you have any trouble opening the .pln file, change its extention to .zip and try again.

When you have the .pln file open, note the number of files in it. You should also be able to see the install.txt file and the uninstal.txt file.

Now go to the Configuration Manager for CC3\System\Plugins\GD Patch folder. See if the number of files in that folder matches the number of files in the .pln. I'll bet they don't. And one of the missing files is going to be the install.txt file.

That's all cool. No problem. Go back to the Configuration Manager for CC3\Plugins folder. Using WinZip, WinAce or WinRAR, extract the GD Patch.pln to the \System\Packages\(mod name) folder, and accept overwrite of all files.

Now the number of files in the .pln should match exactly to the files in the .pln.

That should do it. If that doesn't work, then there is something wrong with the file that you downloaded.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby dawgfan56 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:22 pm

The original DL was from the website, the second was from a link in Beeblebrox's post. Neither has install.txt. Do you know of another source for this patch? Maybe someone can email it to me? Send it by armoured car? You can have my first born? Whatever. Thanks for the help. We are getting closer.
dawgfan56

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:38 pm

Odd. I am attaching it again. It definately has the install.txt and uninstall.txt in the plugin. Have checked ;)

Maybe the last attachement was screwed...

BB
Fourty Two
[/size][/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby schrecken » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:52 pm

I DL'd the patch from your site Beebs and can confirm the install.txt is in the file.

Please dawg, explain exactly what you did with the file when you downloaded it.
schrecken

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby dawgfan56 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:37 pm

I deleted all references to GDPATCH1 on my harddrive. Then, I DLed the GDPATCH1 from Beeblebrox's post. I unzipped the file, dragged the archieve file to pluigins and then clicked on Config Manager. Installed GD and then the Patch. The patch didn't work. Contacted Beeblebrox, he graciously reloaded the patch. Again I removed all references, DLed the patch, unzipped it, dragged the the GDPATCH1 file, this time (17kb) to the plugin folder, clicked on config and there it was. I then selected the patch, installed it, and everything appears fine. I have not played the game today but will tonight. There appears to be a successful conclusion to this epic journey. I will report back. Thank you to everyone for all their patience, help, and downloads. D#c% D#c%
dawgfan56

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby dawgfan56 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:39 pm

Allow me to clarify one thing, the first time I dled the file from Beeblebrox, the install.txt was not there. Thanks.
dawgfan56

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:46 pm

I am hoping that it does! You will find it much more satisfying to have a realistic Infantry Pool to draw from (and more bodies to get mangled by the Soviet war machine..., well, if your tank can mangle thier infantry, their tanks can...)

AAR 4 and the end of Operation 1; hope to post soon...

BB
Fourty Two
[/size][/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:36 am

AAR4: End of Operation 1

http://www.closecombat.org/vonB/gd/

BB
Fourty Two
[/size][/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby dawgfan56 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:53 pm

I am four operations into the Grand Campaign and once again, no infantry. The mod and patch are properly installed using config manager. I downloaded config manager again to make sure I had a working program. I have been keeping track and in the early campaigns I do tend to use a lot of infantry teams. While they may get decimated, very rarely are they wiped out to a man. So, after a truce, I renew the team. Now if this process depletes the force pool, I need to improve my tactics. However, if I am depleting the force pool, then I would think it would only affect those team types that I am using. For example, if I am using Heavy MG34 teams, and not MG 34 teams, why are all my MG34 teams gone from the force pool? I can't even get scouts/recon units. Something still is not right. In order to work around this shortcoming, I use a lot of AT and morter teams. I keep a tank or two, and a halftrack or two back to see what happens. If my AT guns knock out 6 or so Russian tanks, and the morter teams have decimated the infantry, or at least slowed their advance, then I lay down a curtain of smoke on flank and advance on the other to see if I can safely gain ground. This works particularly well if the Russians have asked for a truce. As you advance, if you come under tank or AT fire, then go to ground, hit the truce button, rebuild and renew the fight from the ground gained.
dawgfan56

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby schrecken » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:41 am

Near the end of op_3

still have infantry available...bigggest prob is lack of points.
schrecken

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby dawgfan56 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:29 pm

Points? Points you say? What on earth are those? Oh yeah, that's what Georgia didn't get enough of against Auburn. %\ I'm just glad my mg34s didn't run out of ammo.
dawgfan56

Like / Share CSO - Post

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.