What's up with these hand held 75mm cannons?

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

What's up with these hand held 75mm cannons?

Postby REN » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:19 am

Hello all, just reinstalled CC5 after almost a year...and it's still a brilliant game.

But anyways, I've installed the vetmod V2, and the ' cc5 mods collection V2.0' (on 'vanilla' cc5) and I'm happily playing away as german, until I notice many of my units are being killed by accross-the-map artillery fired by infantry units. Couldn't figure this out until one of my soldiers scavenged a 75mm sherman cannon off a dead yank.

Checked out an enemy battle group under 'edit opponent' before the battle, and every unit that's got extra men (care of vetmod) arms 1 or 2 of them with a 75mm.

Anyone come accross this before? Any solutions? What am I doing wrong?
I'm playing with German vetmod and playing as germans.
Anyone?
REN

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: What's up with these hand held 75mm cannons?

Postby JochenHeiden » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:36 am

I think those are actually some sort of artillery spotter weapon if it's a vetmod you're using. The artillery spotter is armed with a big weapon for making your life as a human player impossible.

-Shane
JochenHeiden

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby REN » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:39 am

JochenHeiden wrote:I think those are actually some sort of artillery spotter weapon if it's a vetmod you're using. The artillery spotter is armed with a big weapon for making your life as a human player impossible.

-Shane

Hmmm...I'm pretty sure these are actual sherman guns though, when I click the picture of it before the battle it makes the same sound as a sherman gun, and I've seen allied infantry caught in the open by my tanks just lie down and fire them - bye bye tank. Also when reloading they make the same sound as a tank reloading, and the muzzle flash is a puff of smoke like a tank.
REN

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby REN » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:45 am

It's the 'ccV mod pack V2' that's causing it, and they're 12cm cannons, not 75mm.

Also another question though - can the vet mod be used for the okinawa, GJS or bloody omaha mods at all?
REN

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby __Creeper__ » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:46 pm

can an infantry man be equiped with 2 weapons that he can fire at the same time, for example the way a tank fires multiple MGs plus its cannon all at once
__Creeper__

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.