CC5

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

CC5

Postby MattE » Tue May 03, 2005 2:01 am

Yesturday I finally bought a copy of CC5 after a long search. It was in the Big Bytes section though. And I'm not sure if that has something to do with the prob but when I installed the 5.1 patch the game refused to run saying I had to insert the cd. After reinstalling the game I tried some mods. The plugins also didn't work saying that either a certain folder/file didn't extist or when I tried to run the game it said something about too many registries or something like that. Any ideas of how I could get around this?

Cheers.
MattE

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CC5

Postby wodin » Tue May 03, 2005 2:24 am

After installing the patch when it comes up inset CD just click browse and direct to the drive the cd is in. After that it will wrk everytime.

Most mods need the patch.

Sounds like you may have installed the plug in wrong. Also if you have CC not installed in the dfault drive then you need to edit the registery. DO a search of the forum here your check out the CCS forum.
wodin

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Tue May 03, 2005 2:50 am

It is possible you installed the Patch to the wrong location. The installer asks you to confirm or change the installation folder during the installation. If you installed CCV to the default folder(s), then you should not change the default folder for the patch installation.

Unfortunately, I think it likely you have got Registry problems which cannot be 'uninstalled' using the uninstaller. You are going to have to rip those out by hand.

Search for 'SSI', 'Close Combat Invasion Normandy' etc, and delete any keys you find. Also, remove (using explorer for example) the SSI Folder and Sub Folders from Program Files to complete the removal.

Then start again :) If you use the defaults, you should be fine, at least until you get to any DirectX/Compatibility issues if you have XP.

ALL CC's should be patched.
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby MattE » Tue May 03, 2005 3:57 am

wodin wrote:After installing the patch when it comes up inset CD just click browse and direct to the drive the cd is in. After that it will wrk everytime.

Most mods need the patch.

Sounds like you may have installed the plug in wrong. Also if you have CC not installed in the dfault drive then you need to edit the registery. DO a search of the forum here your check out the CCS forum.

I tried that too and it also comes up with folders/files not extisting. And CC was installed to the default drive.

This is really annoying since I was really looking forward to the Red Storm Rising Mod in particular. I'll try again (for like the 20th time now!) and see what happens.

Any other suggestions?
MattE

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby MattE » Tue May 03, 2005 4:02 am

Woah! Quick little update. I tried again (No different that what I did every other time) but this time it worked! 5.01 is now going! I'll try some mods now and get back.
MattE

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby wodin » Tue May 03, 2005 1:16 pm

Excellent news. You future is now filled with many wonderous challenges. Gott Mit Uns!
wodin

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.