Worked now won`t work

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Worked now won`t work

Postby mrflibble » Tue May 03, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi :confused-
I have CC (Normany & Russian front) both have worked for over a 12mth now both come up with the same error message.
"can`t access surface for lock"
I have windows xp and can`t find anyway to solve this problem.I have uninstalled & re installed both games.
Any ideas ?????????
Mr Flibble
mrflibble

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Worked now won`t work

Postby Von_B » Tue May 03, 2005 3:34 pm

Space Corps Directive 2004-504 states that not all installations of CC will work on XP 'out of the box'.

This is one of the more common graphics related problems running old CC on newer systems.

Make sure they are patched. Set Compatibility Mode to Win98. Set the Desktop Resolution to the same as CC (CC ALWAYS uses 16bit graphics!).

Try switching off DirectDraw. This is the most common solution, but is a real pain if you run other games or apps that need it, as you have to keep switching it off and on. At the moment, there is no 'fix' for this and other XP/DirectX related problems with CC, just workarounds...
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby mrflibble » Tue May 03, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I set compat.mode to win 98 set desktop to 16bit graphics and disabled directdraw.
Guess what ? still had same error reply.
Mr Flibble
mrflibble

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Wed May 04, 2005 11:54 pm

Do a Forum Search for "can`t access surface for lock". There have been several Posts about it. Not everyone's solution is the same in all cases...
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.