patching cc4

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

patching cc4

Postby hverduyckt » Sat May 07, 2005 12:43 pm

Hello,

I would like to run CC4 using Windows XP but I didn't work.

Now I have searched this forum and people suggest to apply the patch for CC4 and then to run in comptability mode.

I have dowloaded the patch but when I try to install it, a message comes up saying that the registry entries are wrong.

What is the default install location for CC4 and the registry entries?

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE--> software and then?

Thanks
hverduyckt

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: patching cc4

Postby Senior Drill » Sat May 07, 2005 2:23 pm

The CC4 folder is in My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Strategic Simulations Inc.\Close Combat\4.0.

I don't know the default C:\Progam Files folder. I never have install any of the CC games to the default. Go to the registry folder above and edit the InstalledTo String Value to the actual drive and folder you installed to and the patch and the configuration manager for CC4 will be able to find your CC4 game.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby tracks » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:42 pm

Hi,
I decided to go back and play CC IV after a couple of years but I keep getting a last minute error message as the scenario loads stating "CANNOT ACCESS SURFACE FOR LOCK" I have XP on P4 with the pach running as well as the latest media player and direct X. Any thoughts?
I would love to play the game but I am stuck in the mud!
Thanks
tracks

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby schrecken » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:20 am

run dxdiag

disable directdraw

please report back :)
schrecken

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.