Dc 202 router from Sitecom

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Dc 202 router from Sitecom

Postby BR_Tribaltank_F » Sat May 07, 2005 2:26 pm

Hello guys, I moved recently to a new adress and now I have cable internet through a router. The problem is that the %\ thing blocks my cc games. Even if I put the router on DMZ. Does anyone have any experience with a dc202 router from Sitecom? and maybe the necessary settings for it?
thks in advance
BR_Tribaltank_F

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Dc 202 router from Sitecom

Postby kwp » Sat May 07, 2005 2:58 pm

I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it left.
kwp
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby BR_Tribaltank_F » Sun May 08, 2005 10:12 pm

Hmmm, I did all the portforwarding and setup a directIP for my computer but the problem persists. I can see in cc5 that it sets up the Ip adres of the router instead of the IP of my computer so I think I'm pretty much screwed in playing through GS
BR_Tribaltank_F

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby kwp » Mon May 09, 2005 2:59 am

Do you have the following setup for GameSpy?
6500,6515,6667,3783,27900,28900,29900,29901 set up for tcp in/out.

You could always use GS as a place to meet and then exchange IPs with your opponent. Just make sure you give your opponent the IP address that your ISP provides for your router (this is not the LAN IP that shows up in CC5) and if you have the port forwarding set up correctly you should be good to go.

CC needs the following:
Ports 47624, and the range 2300-2400 must be open for both inbound and outbound TCP and UDP traffic.

Make sure you have these same ports opened in any firewall that you may be running.
I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it left.
kwp
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby BR_Tribaltank_F » Mon May 09, 2005 11:25 am

Hmm sorry buddy but you lost me there I'm afraid, :confused-

I forwarded all the ports to the IP that I found on running ipconfig/all
CC3 indeed sets its host ip adress to that adress
CC5 however sets it to host on the router adress

So if I understand it correct I have to go to GS and ask people to play through direct IP and give them the router adress instead of my pc adress? :speechles

Sorry for my (maybe stupid) questions but I've never played games through a router before and things went always smoothly in the times I had Adsl (ah those good old times D#c% )
BR_Tribaltank_F

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby PL_ARTURO » Mon May 09, 2005 7:48 pm

Hello

dont know if it helps http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespyarcade/topic.asp?fid=2466&tid=854335 but U may email this guy and ask how he fixed the problem.

GL
PL_ARTURO
Obergerfreiter
Obergerfreiter

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby BR_Tribaltank_F » Wed May 11, 2005 6:58 pm

Found a lot better solution :cool-smil I kicked the...... :Blasting_ Sitecom router out and changed it for an other router and got the whole thing running on GS and direct IP in 5 minutes, lol
BR_Tribaltank_F

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.