How do you run CC2:ABTF at 1280*1024?

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

How do you run CC2:ABTF at 1280*1024?

Postby cameron » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:42 pm

Hello all,

My question: How can I get Close Combat: A Bridge too Far to run at 1280 by 1024. The reason for this is that I bought a new LCD monitor, and its native resolution is 1280*1024. When I run CC2 at any of the resolutions given in the game (just 800*600 and 1024*768 I think) the picture is washed out and fuzzy, and about an inch of the screen is cut off and not displayed (for example, I can't see the far right edge of the map or toolbar because the picture is being cut off.)

Thanks for your expertise and comments (and sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum.)

Cameron Aach
cameron

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: How do you run CC2:ABTF at 1280*1024?

Postby Von_B » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:18 pm

CC2 does not provide a selection to change the screen resolution to 1280x1024 using the Options.

You can change the Registry which seems to work on my machine, though I have not tried any battles etc yet.

The Registry Keys to Modify are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Close Combat\2.00\ScreenX

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Close Combat\2.00\ScreenY

Set the ScreenX value to 1280 and the ScreenY value to 1024.

Make sure your Desktop Resolution is 1280 x 1024 and 16 bit Colour! CC only runs at 16 bit and setting the Dessktop to the same can reduce problems.

I have no idea whether CC2 will like being set to 1280 x 1024 as I haven't played any Ops or Battles at that resolution, but it seems to run fine as far as I have got.

If you are not familiar with editing the Registry and want a bit more info, then post here again.

BB
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.