CC3 & XP & Direct X

CSO Tech Help Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

CC3 & XP & Direct X

Postby aceterps413 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:15 pm

While trying to install CC3 on windows XP, the installation stalls at the instalilng directx after installing the files. It says it may take several minutes but nothing happens after after almost 15 mins. I've tried changing the compatability to win 98 and it does the same thing. I've also dled the newest version of directx 9C, i think. Any help would be appreciated.
aceterps413

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CC3 & XP & Direct X

Postby scott2978 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:29 pm

I can't remember now, at work, but can you opt to not install it during installation?

If not, perhaps there's a way to uninstall Direct X? Then you can upgrade post-install.

Just some ideas.
scott2978

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Von_B » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:45 am

You do not get the option to not install DirectX. It should not install anyway as it will not overwrite newer files, but for some reason, this happens on some systems. It is not common, but it has been reported a few times.

I do not recall a 'fix' as such. Maybe try installing in Safe Mode? I am not sure what to suggest... anyone else remember a workaround?

BB
[font=Arial]SILENCE! when you speak to an Officer![size=17]
Fourty Two
http://www.thewizard.org
[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana]What goes around, comes around....[/font]
Von_B

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby igor7111 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:21 am

I have the same problem....has anybody found a way around this?
igor7111

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GameRat » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:48 am

Are you sure the game has overwritten DirectX with an older version?

Every time I install CC3 it says it will take a few minutes to install directx , but it never overwrites the version I have.

To find out what version you have (after you install CC3) click on "run" and type in "dxdiag". Near the bottom of the main Directx screen that appears ... it will show what version you have.

I'm pretty sure the newer versions of directx can not be overwritten with older versions. I'm not sure, but I think CC3 came with directx 5.

David
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby detonater » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:27 pm

i ran dxsetup before installation and turned off the direct3d hardware acceleration and it work for me!

hope this helps
detonater

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Tech Help Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.