So where the bloody hell are ya?

AAR (After Action Reports) & B2B (Battleplan to Battlefield) Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Postby Q.M » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:12 am

Where are they?

What’s going on?

With all the releases lately you would think that there would be plethora of them, especially considering CoI is out now…

Every time I go to the AAR thread it’s the same lately, Pzt_Wruff, Flame and myself.
All three of us are competing for the same bloody forum! :)

Whilst I must admit that the contents of the AAR’s is first rate, the competition is lacking…badly.

I know you are all out there playing, I have seen you all in GS and BHQ, so….where are the AAR’s? :confused-

So….
Here’s a challenge. Single player V AI, H2H whatever, I would like to see you all better Pzt_Wruff, Flame and myself in the AAR stakes. Can you? I seriously doubt it.

I really don’t give a frog’s fat azz how you write it. Just get behind CC and CSO and show some esprit de corps and give the community a good read. Have a go at it, never know you may just enjoy it! :Flip_anim

Any takers?
Anyone got the ballz? :confused-
Q.M

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: So where the bloody hell are ya?

Postby flamethrower » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:16 pm

hey them's fightin words........
So Q.M. has thrown down the gauntlet folks.

what's that noise off in the distance?...is it a bird?....a plane?

is something just around the corner? is something approaching???
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Sbufkle » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:56 pm

Do we let the cat out of the bag gents?
CSO_Sbufkle

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:04 pm

here Kitty, Kitty
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:05 pm

and Woof, Woof too! Unleash the Hounds!
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:35 pm

what is that noise?

it sounds like the pitterpatter of little dog feet

could it be? have the Dogs of War been unleashed?
ImageImageImageImage
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:55 pm

it is it is! but there were Kitty paws as well (they're quite sneaky)

Image Image Image Image Image

so here it is folks.....http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=340

Q.M came up with a killer idea and concept about evolving AARs into something new and exciting and Buf punched it out with graphics and...

....well check it out for yourself...it is called B2B for Battleplan to Battlefield and this should get some folks in the wargaming community pumped up and tuned in
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby G.Mooyman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:22 pm

I still have a GD AAR going on, but bit busy to play atm :(
I always read good AAR's btw.
G.Mooyman

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:59 pm

There is something in the works that is really going to help get this B2B concept up and running gangbusters
in the interim check out this Battleplan excerpt from Buf's superb example of a B2B (on his nifty new map too!)
For the rest of Buf's B2B see:http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=340

"Battle For Wind Tower" - Field Marshall Sbufklehauser II

<TABLE borderColor=#999999 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=3><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=2 height=128><TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="25%" height=114>Image</TD><TD width="75%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="40%">[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dossier 1: Battle For Wind Tower[/font]</TD></TR><TR><TD>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Version: COI [/font]</TD></TR><TR><TD>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Parameters: Vs AI. Single day 15 minutes[/font]</TD></TR><TR><TD>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Map: Wind Tower Core[/font]</TD></TR><TR><TD>[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Author(s): CSO_Sbufkle [/font]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ff0000><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="40%">Image</TD><TD width="60%">[font=Courier New, Courier, mono]FROM THE DIARY OF MANFRED VON SBUFKLEHAUSER II:[/font]
[font=Courier New, Courier, mono]It is now the summer of 1944, after so many battles for so long I have now come to the conclusion that all is lost. Yet my beloved Weinerkorps still are pressed into duty and as always be are given the tasks that all others fear. As my father did in the Great War I can only ask of myself and my men to perform as best they can irregardless of how the tides of war are now clearly coming in to drown us.[/font]

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>[font=Courier New, Courier, mono]We find ourselves depleted, many men beyond exhaustion, and so we enter a critical mission with a mere twelve units at fighting capacity. But the target of this endeavor putt to us can save the lives of so many of our countrymen. We are to take the Russian communication center called THE WIND TOWER. With this installation in our control, destroyed or simply in chaos, we can help give our forces time to retreat to safer ground, away from the Red menace.[/font]
[font=Courier New, Courier, mono]I have gone beyond wondering if I will see my dear family again, whether it is to be in this life or the one after, only god knows. My fate will be the same as that of my men, its all I can ever ask.[/font]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#000000><TD width="24%">Image</TD><TD width="76%"></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD colSpan=2>

[INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Units: (Pre allocated by Op design)[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Image[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Troop deployment area:[/font][/INDENT]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Image[/font][INDENT]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The entire compound is in Russian hands. we have the ground in the NW mountain area and in a thinly wooded are in the SE.[/font]

[/INDENT]

[INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Observations:[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I cant put my eggs all in one basket here. I can bet that the defenders despite having 15 units will be stretched thinly. The key is to make sure my lesser total units dont get cut down by well fortified defenders. I have little cover to advance into town.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Troop Deployment:[/font][/INDENT]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Image[/font][INDENT]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have decided to divide my forces into thee teams.Each team has a clear and specific function. these functions in this section will be brief, but better explained in the main Battleplan section[/font]

[/INDENT]

[INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEAM 1: TEAM NORTH[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If all goes to plan, this team can win be the group that wins this for me. They will be given the task of taking the wind tower communications center, then more importantly to sweep south into the main camp to back up the other two groups. The team consists of a command team and two engineer groups. In their starting are they also have a 8 CM mortor team.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEAM NORTH IS SET UP AS FOLLOWS FOR STARTING POSITION.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Image[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spread out evenly out of site of any troops in the elevated enemy position[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEAM 2: TEAM WEST[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This team consists of a command group, Infantry group and HMG team. They have the tasks to support Team 1 and 3's actions if they need the extra help. The success or failure of either of those other 2 groups will dictate what Team 2 does.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEAM WEST IS SET UP AS FOLLOWS FOR STARTING POSITION.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT]Image[/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Waiting under cover of the base of the foothill team 2 sits.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEAM 3: TEAM SOUTH[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This team consists of a command group, Infantry group,HMG team and our only armour, a Sdkfx 234/3. They have a 5 CM mortor allocated to their sector as well. The southern area of the camp is their domain.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEAM SOUTH IS SET UP AS FOLLOWS FOR STARTING POSITION.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT]Image[/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the thin cover of trees, Team 3 is set to go[/font][/INDENT]

[INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Main Battleplan:[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As explained before, my hope is that the enemy troops are thinly scattered. Groups 1 and 3 can hopefully get a good foothold of initial moves and then I can allocate Team 2 accordingly.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After much thought, I feel the Northern area will be defended well, I should start Team 3 as the primary movement. I will slowly move them into the buildings in the south.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If that movement gets the troops inside safely. I hold them in position and Team North moves slowly into the Wind tower communications center. Both mortor units are expected to give support if needed. I anticipate lots of combat here.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Upon taking the northern area, team 3 then can be moved. Although I am willing to send them to support team 1, the plan is to move them into the northern part of town.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If step one of the Battleplan goes as planned.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEAM 1 will have the Wind Tower and can move south to drive into town. They can take 2 Vls from what I hope[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TEAMS 2 and 3 will be on position and able to go towards the VL and stronghold of "Court" A building with four defending turrets and a courtyard in the middle to really protect defenders.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BATTLEPLAN OUTLINE PHASE 1[/font][/INDENT][INDENT]<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>[INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BASICS[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1-Team South takes hold in southern building[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2-Team North takes the Wind Tower itself[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3- Team West moves into the nw part of town[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONTINGENCIES[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Group West can be moved to support team North if needed[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two mortor teams will support any group needing it[/font][/INDENT]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BLUE STARS ARE HIGHEST LEVEL OBJECTIVES[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RED STARS ARE SECONDARY OBJECTIVES[/font]

</TD><TD>Image</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BATTLEPLAN OUTLINE PHASE 2[/font]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>[INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BASICS[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1-Team North drives down from the wind tower, one engineer team upon hitting the main tower complex swings Sw to creep into town with ultimate goal to get to support Teams 2 and 3 on the assault at Court. The other 2 units in Team 1 swing right to take the Tent VL[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2-Team West goes across dirt road south to be directly west of Court so it can flank the building from that side.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3- Team South remains in same place in ambush mode[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONTINGENCIES[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NONE[/font][/INDENT]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BLUE STARS ARE HIGHEST LEVEL OBJECTIVES[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RED STARS ARE SECONDARY OBJECTIVES[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BATTLEPLAN OUTLINE PHASE 3[/font]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>[INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BASICS[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1-Team West stays in place[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2-Team South stays in place[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3-Team North which was split into two, both drive to rendezvous in the building just easy of Court.[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ONCE COURT VL IS SURROUNDED A FINAL ASSAULT ON THE LAST VL IS MADE, BATTLE IS WON[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CONTINGENCIES[/font][/INDENT][INDENT][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NONE[/font][/INDENT]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Concerns:[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If both group North and South cant establish a foothold, the plan is dead. If one of these groups is wiped out, I doubt total success of taking all 3 Vls is possible[/font]

[/INDENT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Sbufkle » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:20 pm

It wasnt alot of work guys.. & well worth what wrork was put into it
CSO_Sbufkle

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:40 pm

Buf has created tools for B2B

They can be found in the DL section @
http://www.closecombat.org/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=245&orderby=dateD

stay tuned for some more very cool developments of this concept
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Antony_nz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:48 am

Remember Q.M?
He was great. Real funny guy. Despite my ghastly posts. He saw through all that. He just saw a boy that had a massive passion for Close Combat and WW2.
He realized my dissatisfaction for close combats AI. And wanted me to get more enjoyment. He was one of the few that showed me real kindness. And i think, like me, he had a strong personal interest in the well being and future of Close Combat. Seeing a 15 year with that much passion for history and CC must of impressed him. It would impress me. I've Never encountered any thing like it.

Hahaha. Thats hilarious. This was after the whole tv ad, so where the bloody hell are ya.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_where_t ... are_you%3F
Trust him to make a thread named that.

I often thought of him.
To my delight he added me on Facebook a year or so ago.
And to this day we still keep in touch.
Antony_nz

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to AAR/B2B Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.