Pzt War III: Custom GC 2006-'07 ---- Front Line Reports.

AAR (After Action Reports) & B2B (Battleplan to Battlefield) Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Re: Pzt War III: Custom GC 2006-'07 ---- Front Line Reports.

Postby Q.M » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:42 am

Some close action there Wruff. Great report and great shots.
Q.M

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:35 am

Thanks QM. Credit goes to Pzt members for their great reports of every battle.

-------------------------------------

Day 12

Wruff report:
Did strat and fought Hornet in Hermanville.

Not much happened. Enemy teams sneaking around. Going towards the Abbaye d'Ardenne vl.
Gained a little here and gave a little there.

btw. The enemy pulled out of Taileville.

------------

Fought Ronson in Bretteville where MM has retreated the Tigers and reattacked with the Lehr.
Every time they make progress and threaten us then they seem to retreat and reattack before first finishing their business, so they make nearly no real progress in this war, and affording us valuable time.

Deploy. We had deploy connected all the way to the north, making things even tougher on MM.

Result

-----------------

Fought verb in Carp.

Deploy

He waited 10 mins then tried for a hangar and got killed.
Then he tried for the Airfield HQ and got killed again.
He wouldn't expose any armor to support his assaults, and only exposed 4 teams total.

Mac report:

Fought Verb in Hill 112 Baron.

MM reattacked with a newer SS BG that hadn't seen very much action.
Setup:

Enemy infantry could be seen running in the North as they scuried for position. I set up our tanks (none mobile) with LOS down the corridors and streets. Our infantry moved to the hedges quickly then began a sneak attack forward. Enemy infantry backed by a SdKfz and StuG got into position. The StuG killed a Sherman and a Stuart but I managed to immob it and the SdKfz. Our cannon shot every shell it had but couldn't kill anything. At least it stayed covered.

Lots of infantry action as Verb pushed his men hard to get into position. Our men held strong and gave the enemy hell, keeping our position good for another round.

Ended the day with Verb in Hill 112 Orne Bridge.

The goal: Kick them the hell off this map.
Setup:

Verboten had his last 3 Cats and an SdKfz sitting behind their last bit of hedges. Infantry got in close assaults and we managed to wipe most of them out. Our 6er in the East lost a dual with a cat, but managed to immob it. I began to close in the box, cleaning up the rest of the map and assaulting it from every angle.

With most of the enemy ifantry killed or wounded, I was able to roll an M10 up to the hedge and kill a kitty, but a lone MM with a pzfaust made me pay for it. Some enemy infantry tried to sneak by, but I was waiting.

For the final assault I hit him from every angle, keeping him distracted until I could grab up the last VL.

A hard fight, but one which we finally overcame.

End round strat:

Get some!
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:36 am

Day 12, cont...

Wruff report:
Fought Hornet in Hermanville.

A little enemy sneaky here. A little enemy sneaky there.
They've got teams to burn, but they won't do it.
Killed a couple of teams. Enemy did sneak a team behind my bren mg at the chateau and snagged the Hillman VL.
Other than that gave a litte and gained a litte.

I hope they go to Hillman again. They're still having nightmares from the last time they tried that move. We're ready for them there. Kill kill kill!

Op

-----------

Facing off with Coyote in Bretteville.

Assaulted the enemy from the east. We won.
We lost a fly to a schrek, but I killed 2 Stugs and a 2cm Halftrack and some german teams.

We got the best of them here. The damaged stug was abandoned from getting hammered by our sherman, so they lost both stugs. I used our halftrack as bait to spot an ATG and lure enemy teams. We lost one tank.

----------

Then on to Carp where again the enemy did nothing. But I stayed patient and stayed clear of those enemy ATG's.
I cleared a little ground for our deploy next round.
Lost a sherman in a hangar to a Stug and ATG in the first minute.

Go Go Go Go Go!

Mac report:

Fought Chewy in Hill 112 Baron.

Finally, we got ourselves some supply!

But the enemy is attacking with a their SS here, and our BG is down to the last of the last. We only had just enough to field the full 15 units. I had to rely on a lone Sherman and Stuart plus a couple of PIATs to hold against SS armor.

The fighting was furious - sorry no action pics. Chewy came with the horde. Several infantry units sweeping down from the West and Center.

I had brought 3 mortar teams (all we really had left anyway), so I harrassed his Stugs hoping to immob one or two. However, they turned out to be useful in slowing the advancing German SS armee.

Close assaults in the hedges was only a delaying game for us. I kept our last Sherman and Stuart out of LOS to only give support where needed. In the West, the MM came with their largest assault - several teams backed by a SdKfz 7.5cm and a StuG. Little did they know that we had Caldwell and his Vickers team waiting!

As the Germans drew near, the Vickers opened up. One after the other the Germans fell. Unable to spot them (they were concealed in the 2 story house rubble), the enemy began to shoot wildly with everything they had to kill them. The Vickers chattered on for 10 solid minutes. I could see the smoke rising from it's barrel as the water evaporated from it's cooling sleeve. Running or crawling, the SS was ripped apart. Without a doubt, Caldwell's Vickers MMG team held the entire Western flank single handedly.
We owe them a great deal.
*S* Medals have been awarded to them all.

The game crashed at the end, but the file was saved. No screenshot of the result, but as you can tell from the map shot, the enemy didn't get far and was very frustrated in the end.
Fight on!

DAY 13

Mac report:

Made strat moves and then fought Verboten in Hermanville.

We're getting low on everything, so I set up the troops for a defensive flank and to punch them in the center.
Setup:

The center got hot quick. Several SS units were in the house. I think verboten thought that I had more than I did there because he retreated pretty quickly. Everytime he ran about, he was an easier target for my Stuart. An MM Flame SdKfz was brought up to give support. The Stuart took to direct hits from the flamer before it was destroyed. Backed by infantry, we manged to take it out and create a hole in the enemy line.

A hard German push came down from the West. We held strong with a command team, but MM numbers overwhelmed our position. A JagD came down to try and kill the M10, but we got the first shot off and destroyed it.

By the end we kept a pretty solid line and punched a hole in the center. Now we can all pray together in our church :)
End:

Get some more!
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:44 am

Day 13, cont...

Kami report:
Lost many of my troops and 3 tanks including our only firefly there :(

Wruff report:
Caught Ronson sneaking a team accross the street and killed them.
Killed a Marder and took back a hangar.

Mac report:
Fought Verb for two - ended the morning in Hill 112 Baron. Stuck the map and snuck around getting places.

Made strat and fought Verb in Hermanville. A tough fight against his SS horde with our depleted BG. Held the map but lost the Abbay VL.

Onwards!

Wruff report:
Good work Oberst.

I took on Verb in Bretteville. Deployed in cover and waited for the sneaking hordes to hit the south.
Things getting thin here, so hoping to ambush the enemy and keep them at bay.

Enemy assault first in the S/E. I had a scout team near the road that ambushed the Puma and killed it good, blocking the road. I maneuvered my Bren Dier team and took out a couple of PzGren teams. Enemy assault #1 crushed.

The heavy panzers headed for the next inlet with a couple more gren teams.
I killed the grenadiers, but the Stugs wouldn't even scratch and our 2 Shermans on guard did like ****.
Getting the first shots off on the enemy guns, but the Stugs making quick work of the allied tanks.
Killing one with the first shot after the sherman missed, and taking out the gun on the other.
Shown here popping smoke and driving to the treeline for cover to save our tank, but one more shot killed a 3rd crewman, so we lost it too.

a couple more enemy teams charged into the west of town under fire and grabbed that VL there in the last seconds.

NO RETREAT! KILL!
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:46 am

Mac report:
Fought Verb two battles to end the day. Made strat for Day 14 and fought Creully, our new offensive.

In Carp, alot of the same. Verb pushed a little harder so more losses. We lost a 6gun and Stuey, they lost a StuG and a IG75. I also regained an exit VL in the North.

In Hill 112 Baron the SS horde was at it again as they tried to kick me off. Heavy losses for both sides, worse for us, but I stuck the map and had a bit of a break out.

Did start. We attacked into Creully. Long story short, I killed both his StuGs and a Pak75, we lost some infantry. He was all but done for. I grabbed all of the VL's at 00:00, but then we had a 00:00 crash.
End shot.

This will need to be recreated...

YAR!

Wruff report:

vs Coyote.
MM finally got us in a squeeze in Hermanville, owning all but one VL at this point.

If it wasn't for every units terrible aim then I think I may have been able to stick this map.
Rather though my armor mostly missed the mark and always came up short. Infantry refusing to toss even one grenade at the Jags. Our ATG missing every shot by 10-15m on another Jag in the S/W then was killed with a couple of simple bursts at long range from an Mp40 (? wtf ?).

Anyway. That's it for Hermanville. After 28 battles they finally got us out of there.

Still a Major Allied Victory.

---------------

Fought 3 with verb to finish up the round.

Bretteville.

Our troops did well. Holding up the germans and killing them.
Glad I brought the Staghound who along with a couple of reece teams did the dirty work and hit the invaders effectively.
Shermans sucked. Enemy got nowhere.

Carpiquette. Enemy advance thwarted. No allied losses to speak of.

Hill 112. Kept the germans out of our gardens.
The game crashed and Verb and I rebuilt it.
No equipment was lost and infantry losses were even so we just rebuilt to territory. Here's how it looks.

Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:48 am

Day 14

Kami report:
The AAR of the battle of Creully ,Day 14.Opponent ,Pzt_Coyote.

My battle group

I knew the enemy would concentrate its attack into "to Port en Bessin" VL and center ,Other VLs had no real strategical advantage for them

I thought he would not spot my "17lber" ATG ,But It was wrong and that gun destroyed immediately.

After some time ,the adavancing SS grenadieren spoted.They killed my entier rifle squad with ease. I placed Naval strike near them ,But it did not inflict enough casualties to the enemy infantry

Heavy battle took place for "to Port en Bessin" VL and it handed over many times.Umfortunately my flamer even did not fire one burst ,I expected to kill some germans at the good position it was. Intense battle around "to Port en Bessin" VL

At the last minutes of the battle enemy troops took Centeral "Crossroad" VL.I could retake it if I had just one minute more time
Result

Thanks to Pzt_Coyote for the game

-Kambiz

Mac report:
Fought Coyote in Hermaville. Meeting engagement. We got kicked off the map. Infantry and Churchills did nothing against him. Every shot from chruchill was under 20 meters, but it just pinged off his MkIV's armor. Frustrating fight with a poor result.

Start:

Finish:

Kill MM!

------------

Fought Chewy in Buron.

SS attacking, and once again the super SS men are damned near unstopable, rushing my tanks in the open, pafausts flying all over the map.
Start:

Fierce fighting everywhere. We had almost no infantry, so I had to rely on lots of tanks. Germans won almost every dual. Not a pretty match.

Get some!

Kami report:

The AAR of the battle of Bretteville, Day 14. Opponent, Pzt_Ronson.

Our BG in Bretteville is in lack of infantry. I used one additional Co instead of regular inf team. My battle group

I left the North western exit with just two inf teams because of lake of infantry and focused my forces in the south

The firefights immediately began after starting the battle.Germans main assualt was to the south with the goal to close themselves to the southern exits. Our men could not stop well the trained PzGs ,but the shermans in the chateau and another one near the hedges had very good LOS over the buildings on their way and effectively slowed down their advance. Due to that ,germans brought one of their mighty StuGs to neutralize the threat. The StuG destroyed one of the shermans. I brought Sherman Crap to hit that StuG while it firing on the other sherman ,but it missed the shot and the mighty StuG turned its nasty face towards Sherman Crap and it destroyed with one shot. This picture tells the story ,Note the spotted german infantry in the chateau

Soon later ,My Command team immobiled the spinning StuG with grenade and Airstrik damaged the Puma (I expected it to be destroyed)

During these actions ,I brought another sherman from far eastern exit VL to hit the immobilized StuG.And the sherman did it

Cool Sherman also destroyed the next StuG which had rushed to the south.Congrats boys :D

I also sent one of the Scouts which was part of the eastern defensive section to reinforce the center ,but they met germans along their way and with the help of a Command team killed many of them (Although beed killed as well) ,It was the last seconds of the battle

The result

Thanks to Pzt_Ronson for the game. It was hot :)

-Kambiz
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:50 am

Day 14, cont...

Wruff report:

Fought Chewy in Carpiquet and Baron to finish the round.

Carp result. Doesn't show, but they did lose a Pak 88 in this fight. Here you can see I'm assaulting a diferent 7.5 pak.

---------------

Then on to Baron where' we're trying to stick around vs the SS.

Deploy (I actually deployed the halftrack in the paddock in cover).

6 pounder missing the mark several time ended up killed by an enemy Pak88 directly south.
Enemy flame track KIA by morts thankfully.
Stugs closed in from all directions.

Sky Captain finally comes through and takes out a Stug.
Our troops fighting hard defending the Paddock and Orchard from heavy assault.
Our Stuart busy trading blows with stugs and halftracks while maneuvering in the orchard and providing support to our infantry.

The germans had both the Paddock and Orchard secured with just seconds to go when I charge our remaining teams in and resecure the Paddock and capture the Stug sitting on the Orchard VL. Yar!

We stay. With one day to go we're still in Baron.
That captured Stug will look nice in my garden.

Final day is next. Charge to victory!

Day 15. The last day.

Kami report:

The AAR of the battle of Creully ,Day 15.Opponent ,Pzt_Coyote.

Forgot to take pic of my Battle group. Here is my deployment

Although it was obvious that enemy main attack would be through "to port en bessin" VL ,However I arrayed my forces in the way to cover all around the battlefield. Enemy Halftrack being victimed by my ATG in this picture after some minutes pure fire fights

Enemy wanted that ATG ,and I prevented to this happen by by heavy suppressing fire with my tanks and ATG & MG units ,However the damn shreck team finally fired its bloody shot upon the ATG after long time at 6 mins of the battle

Soon later ,My Command team immobiled the spinning StuG with grenade and Airstrik damaged the Puma (I expected it to be destroyed)

At the last 2 minutes of the battle ,Coyote began his main assualt with buch of PzGs near the VL. That was what I waited all the battle ,I used the air support first and then threw my Rifle team upon them. They killed the enemy successfully

The result

Thanks to Pzt_Coyote for the game

-Kambiz

Mac report:

Fought Chewy in Tailleville.

The setup:
This BG is down to the minimum. 1 Bren team, some tanks, and a bunch of 3 man bren guns. I placed units with the intent of applying pressure while keeping the net tight so no infantry could sneak through the line.

Tigers and infantry charge for the South. One fly took the gun off a cat, and assisted in a PIAT kill on another. Watching a Tiger go up after getting hit by a PIAT is a nice feeling. Unfortunately the PIAT team got relegated to Tank Security and payed the price.

The match ended with good results. I lost track of time to wasn't able to kick him off the map.

Last Day!
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:52 am

Day 15, cont...

Wruff report:

Hermanville vs Chewy.

Though the 6th AB was actually ordered into Hermanville, unfortunately our 5th Guards were for some reason attacking Hermanville this round instead.
This BG is not equipped for attack.
Surrounded by MarkIV's, enemy ATG's, and Pzgrenadiers.

We never stood a chance.

------------

Buron vs Chewy.

All I wanted was to hold the south. Clear the enemy outta there and especially hold the Benouville VL since we don't have a BG there and they'd own that map by moving there.

Fortunately Chewy didn't have Benouville in mind and deployed heavily in the north.
I slowed his advance and engaged his troops as they moved into the area.
I knew that the enemy had lots of ATG's so I didn't go running around with our armor, preserving it for the final fight.

I cleared the south so they can't move out in the final round. The enemy will get no further than Buron.

----------------------

To Bretteville where another of our rogue BG's has taken the wrong path and attacking into the enemy.

Chewy rushed into the buildings and met our teams. Assault troops supported by halftracks and stugs tore into our rifle teams.
My men got slaughtered and within a few minutes were hopelessly defending the Abbaye d' Ardenne VL.
A gun crew and a command squad comming under fire and overwhelmed by the enemy horde.
Meanwhile, my only hope was the small Tetrarch tank that I swung south accross the s/e bridge
and charging through the open field and into the deep north as you can see in the mini map above. Way behind enemy lines.

With 7 minutes remaining I parked him and hoped that he somehow remained undetected.
I told chewy to go kill the last gun crewman hoping to get a clue if he knew about the runaway tank in his north, and to my suprise he was clueless about my tank in the north.
So while he was running around in the south looking for a gun crewman I sat and waited. Hoping no one would spot me.
The minutes nervously ticked away....

Then with just over a minute on the clock I made my move and snagged a couple of VL's in the north preventing a total disaster.

That was ugly.
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:55 am

Day 15, cont...

Mac report:

Fought Chewy in Carp.

I set up with the intent to put the pressure on during this last day. Attacking from the West was a gamble, but it payed off.
Setup:

Attacked hard, routing is infantry from the West hangar. I pulled Stuart up to the edge of the hedge and engaged his PaK40 at point blank range, winning the dual.

Destroying the last of his guns and Marder, I got as far as I could before time ran out. Theyir cut off from the hangars now with no AT capability left in this BG.
End:

Finish it!

Wruff report:

Killer!

Finishing the round in Hill 112 with Chewy.
After fighting him here the past couple of rounds and frustrating his assaults he was simply bent on routing me out of here this time.

The Orchard went up like a firecracker...
Sky Captain's been drinking again.

Defended the Paddock to the end and kept our stay here.
Giving up the exit in the south is good.
If they move south then we'll gain a lot of points securing this map in final fight,
and our 9/3 awaits them in force in Orne Bridge if they do move south.

The final fight is next Outlaws. March to victory!

-------------------------------------

Mac and verb did strat and fought some battles.
A couple of highlights from the final round.

Mac gets his revenge in Hermanville.

The Mystery Men attack into Abbaye d'Ardenne, but they get the worst of it.

The Allied Outlaws hold onto a minor Allied victory into the final round, securing a win.
Final results.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in this great team event.

A long, hard fight at over 160 battles - both sides saw the war through to the end. Good job!

Beers for everyone, curtousy of the Mystery Men 8)

The end
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:11 am

Awesome Wruff! Congrats to all!
and that pic of the airstrike (6 up I think) is my favourite CC pic ever
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:37 am

Hey FT. Thanks man. It was a great fight.
Everyone involved really came through big time once again and made this war another successful team event for the Pzt CC Gruppe.

Yeah, that pic in Hill 112 Baron is definetly some seriously large scale CC carnage. :cool:
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby RD_KeyserSoeze » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:53 am

Wow this looks fun!

Nice reports! Havent read 1/3 yet but i will.

Are you gonna do this again some time? :)
RD_KeyserSoeze

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:17 pm

Yep, we have allready started our next internal war, this time with a little twist ...it's called the 3 front war :) Idea is to have 3 different operations in a row in 3 different theatres (mod's) We just finished our first Op, it was a 7 day SAS operation, which Hogan's Heroes, led by Wruff and me won from Mad Max team, led by Mac and Ronson. Next operation should start shortly, and will be, if everything goes right, the Meuse mod. I'll see if I can get AAR up from the first OP
Pzt_Coyote

Chef - "I just wanted to learn how to f******g cook man!!'
Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Previous

Return to AAR/B2B Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.