great pic Mate; looks like the west of everywhere

cya in the sandbox soon
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

AAR Stan vs Ollie Afrika '40 '41 GC

Postby flamethrower » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:07 pm

[font=Batik Regular]TOP SECRET DISPATCH / BY AIR[/font]
[font=Batik Regular][/font]
[font=Batik Regular]This report contains aerial photos & troop dispositions[/font]
[font=Batik Regular]<O :p [/font][font=Batik Regular]Time-stamped }] 12:00 [/font][font=Batik Regular]14th December 1940[/font][font=Batik Regular][{[/font][font=Batik Regular][/font]
[font=Batik Regular][/font]
[font=Batik Regular]<O :p [/font][font=Times New Roman]To: Major-General O’Moore-Creagh[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]7<SUP>th</SUP> Division HQ, Sidi Barrani[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]From:[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Major Ben Dover[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Commanding [/font]
[font=Times New Roman]7<SUP>th</SUP> Bde- 8<SUP>th</SUP> Hussars, 3<SUP>rd</SUP> Hussars, 1<SUP>st</SUP> RTR[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]4<SUP>th</SUP> Bde -7<SUP>th</SUP> Hussars [/font]
[font=Times New Roman]11<SUP>th</SUP> Hussars[/font]
[font=Times New Roman][/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Major-General[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Our recent victory <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comImageFort</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Capuzzo</st1:PlaceName></ST1 :p is heartening, and I am optimistic about the final outcome of our campaign with the Italians. We are in great positions <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Fort</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Capuzzo</st1:PlaceName></ST1 :p , Sollum, Sidi Suleiman and El Hamra and our supply lines to these key positions are strong. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]However, our brave troops at Bir Raghir have paid the price for our strategy of drawing the enemy’s resources against them in the south. The 7<SUP>th</SUP> Hussars at Bir Raghir have been cut off from supply by the 63<SUP>rd</SUP> Cirene Infantry and surrounded by the 115<SUP>th</SUP> and 116<SUP>th</SUP> 62<SUP>nd</SUP> Mamarica. Although the Hussars are without fuel and ammunition they have withstood attack by the 116<SUP>th</SUP> 62<SUP>nd</SUP> Mamarica and still maintain possession of part of the Fort.[/font]
<O :p
[font=Times New Roman]I appeal to you to arrange for relief for the valiant Hussars. They are paying for the victories in the north with their lives.[/font]
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: AAR Stan vs Ollie Afrika '40 '41 GC

Postby flamethrower » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:16 pm

[font=Times New Roman]Report on actions – 6th day of Operation Innuendo[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]report: Bir Raghir / Continuing action morning 14<SUP>th</SUP> December[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Captain I. M. Skee-Rued[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]7<SUP>th</SUP> Hussars/ 4<SUP>th</SUP> Bde/7<SUP>th</SUP> Div XIII vs 116<SUP>th</SUP> Rgt. 62<SUP>nd</SUP> Mamarica Infantry[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As the sun crept over the horizon this morning we took positions along the northern perimeter of the fort and assessed our rather bleak situation. We were down to very few supplies of ammo, food and water. I had the men distribute evenly the available small arms ammo and water but we were ill prepared for an attack. Two of our 3 armored vehicles were out of fuel and ammo and the mortar and artillery squads were down to a few rounds.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As the sun rose higher we spotted several Italian guns to the north and west of the minefield and they began to fire on the fort as numerous enemy infantry squads began approaching our position. I dispatched a Recce squad to make their way to the critical road junction in the northeast in case a supply column tried to reach us. Our mortar and artillery squads bombarded the approaching Italians and although they destroyed a gun and an infantry troop the Italians continued to advance on our position.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Vastly outnumbered our brave men feverishly defended the northern bunker to their last round of ammo and then fought hand to hand until they fell. We killed large numbers of the Italians but they were successful in seizing the north side of the fort. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As I send this dispatch from the radio in our Daimler AC there are only 8 of us remaining but the road to the east is open and we are saying a few words of prayer as we wait for relief.[/font]

flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: AAR- Afrika '40'41 GC - Reports from the Front

Postby Q.M » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:52 pm

Generalissimo

The situation on our frontline has become untenable, despite your orders to hold the line and advance where possible.

Overwhelming opposition, strong defiance and an upper hand with regard to armour on the Allies side is causing doubts as to our ability to conform to your orders.

Therefore, with effect of myself sending this telegram, I have ordered my men to withdraw from the battle lines where possible and to maintain a united and strong front line. This will have the effect of straightening the line and consolidating our feeble defences. Our meagre resources have dwindled to a point that is dangerously low and coupled with the fact that no replenishment of troops and supplies is forthcoming has forced my hand to overrule your orders.

Having said this, I have further instructed all commanders across the front to deny the Allies any infrastructure such as dwellings, bridges, wells and animals. All access points, roads, bridges and wadi’s are to be mined, entrenched or barricaded.

Added to the above I have further instructed the commanders to confuse the Allies by camouflage and concealment. When Allied aircraft fly overhead no man is to look up but to offer their bare arses as a view for the pilot. When in groups this will offer such a sight that no pilot will wish to view for any amount of time. Camel dung is to be smeared across all vehicles and coated with sand to minimise the silhouette. All camels in the immediate vicinity of defensive locations are to be camouflaged to look like vehicles and or a group of troops. Further use of camels will be utilised in movement by driving large herds of them along supply routes to simulate masses of supply and armoured vehicles.

I will be leaving the front line to recon a suitable line of defence to our rear tomorrow. I have left in charge one of my most competent commanders. Supplies of Chianti are starting to dwindle and the heat is getting to me. I spend most of my days in a haze, which I wrongly thought was a sandstorm. Chianti gets me through this though. Please excuse the vino stains on this telegram, I can’t sit properly without falling from my chair in my tent, damn sand keeps moving.

Magnifico
Q.M

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:46 pm

Sorry to take you guys out of character but I have to ask these questions. I'm dying to know!

What day are you guys on in the GC? 14th?

What are your reactions so far outside of what you've posted about in other topics/forums? Any new suggestions?

I'm not digging for compliments but rather ways to improve the mod.
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:03 pm

Hey Jim,

Sorry about the confusion over the date in the GC
the dates in my AARs are a bit scrambled (you know, fog of war)

Here is where we are really at in the GC

As to observations and suggestions you better get used to compliments;
all the hard work and diligent attention to detail has paid off and it is not just us that think it is a killer mod. I think it was Buf that pointed out in a post that before it was finished and delivered few might have expected a Mod of North Afrika in '40'41 to be as facinating and entertaining as it has turned out to be.

aside from a bit of tinkering a couple of wish list suggestions from me would be:
  • Small > a few more Battles, Ops and Campaigns. Although others could put some together it would be great to have them come from the master. In the current selection some of the brilliant maps don't get played much if at all.
  • Big > Afrika '41'43 Rommel, Rommel, Rommel, Rommel, Rommel ......please please please please please
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Q.M » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:23 pm

Jim. The confusion in the dates for Flames GC reports rest soley on the shoulders of that Ben Dover fella, couldn't walk in a straight line.

Why only so far in the GC? Neither of us has given nor taken much ground in this GC, suffice to say it's been a meat grinder and we just keep feeding it, well, I do anyway, no other way to attack or defend on the Italian part, lessin you want to sit there for 30 odd minutes and chat without doing anything.

The other reason is that we are fighting on a full front top to bottom and as a consequence can really only manage half a GC day at a time coupled with connectivity probs and of course RL sticking it's nose in too.

Flames comment:
Small > a few more Battles, Ops and Campaigns. Although others could put some together it would be great to have them come from the master. In the current selection some of the brilliant maps don't get played much if at all.

Remember this conversation quite a while back on which direction the strat map should work? I think 'alternate' OPs and battles could be devised, but run parallel to the original intent, errr I think we called it 'the game play route' ?? Frontier patrols etc, Marsah Mutra (spell) force, Selby Force, Border raid forces et etc.

As for my reactions, I think you know them well so I wont cover ground again.

Recommendations? Aside for the list you already have with the fixes on the known issues et al.........not much can be done to improve it really IMO. Speaks for itself I suppose and answers the question above.

I give this mod a five and a half star rating, why the half? Cause there is no such thing as a six star rating :D
Q.M

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:12 pm

Q.M wrote:Frontier patrols etc, Border raid forces et etc.

with LRDG units already built in there could be some really nifty behind-the-Italian-lines OPs and battles..hint hint
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:31 am

Wow you guys must be engaged in quite a few battles each turn. Broad front indeed. I expected to see you on day 10 or 12 at least.

RE: Alternate ops - Yes! Lot's of possibilities and I intend to add many to the next release. Also I'd like to finish making single battles for every map. Not a critical update but one that I'm sure many folks would like to see. 7A_Bjorn and Pzt_Mac made (or are making) an alternate BG structure and FP structure to reflect the portions of history I was not able to include due to the CC engine limitations. It's those kinds of things I think will give this thing more depth. Or at least demonstrate the depth that's already there.

Thanks again for the feedback and for stepping out of character for a couple moments. Feel free to assume your alternate personalities once again. :D Thanks for letting me hijack your thread.
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Q.M » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:54 am

S'ok.....Grazie, siete abbastanza sicuri voi avete tutte le informazioni che
richiedete? Se non, li invito gentilmente a prendere due olive ed a
vedere un medico alla mattina. Per quanto riguarda il dirottamento del
filetto, ritenga liberamente, esso isnt come chiunque alberini altri
qui, tranne forse quel signore....huh di Moddin dello scomparto
dell'Ali?

Now, what I actually wrote...

Thankyou, are you quite sure you have all the information you require? If not, I kindly invite you take two olives and see a doctor in the morning. As for hijacking the thread, feel free, it isnt like anyone else posts here, except perhaps that Ali Bin Moddin gentleman....huh?

Heres the literal translation.....

Thanks, are enough sure you you have all the information that you
demand? If not, I kindly invite to take them two olives and to see a
doctor to the morning. As far as the diversion of the thread, think
liberations, it isnt like anyone starter shafts others here, except
perhaps that getlteman... huh of Moddin of the bucket of the Wings?

Crikey!
Q.M

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:24 pm

LMAO bucket of the wings. Too funny. Making me hungry tho.
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:56 am

[font=Times New Roman]To: Major Ben Dover [/font]
[font=Times New Roman]From: Captain Gram O’Hash[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]I am thrilled that Sgt Willcox has been honored with the Victoria Cross for his valiant actions on the 11<SUP>th</SUP>. I am proud to command such men as Willcox. The morale in our unit is over the top especially after the medal ceremony last night. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Sir, with all due respect, I have spoken to Sgt. Willcox regarding the orders from HQ about returning home to participate in a fundraising tour, and he is adamant about staying at the front with his unit. I fear that to carry out the orders we would have to drag him to England</ST1 :p in chains. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]In fact, although still suffering shrapnel wounds, today Willcox led a patrol in his Vickers MkVI and in an exchange far from our lines killed an Italian with his machine gun.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As to the request for photographs of Willcox next to the Vickers he commanded in the aforementioned Victoria Cross engagement, it was destroyed in the battle. Enclosed you will find a shot of him with his new tank and crew as well as a report of today’s action.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Report on actions – 6th day of Operation Innuendo at Sidi Suleiman[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]1<SUP>st</SUP> RTR/ 7<SUP>th</SUP> Bde/7<SUP>th</SUP> Div XIII vs 157<SUP>th</SUP> Rgt/63 Cirene Infantry[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As judged by the count of enemy dead in recent actions their ranks have been sorely reduced. Although suspicious that their remaining troops are cringing beyond the bluffs to our east I continued to defend the town and replenish the men with food and water. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Today was relatively uneventful. Only one Italian patrol was spotted near our perimeter. The enemy patrol tried to creep up on the northern road junction but was met with machine fire and withdrew after sustaining numerous casualties.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]After the town was shelled by Italian mortars and artillery Sgt Willcox, in his Vickers, led a scouting party towards the road junction in the south held by the Italians. He encountered several enemy units and personally machine-gunned an Italian who raised his head out of a foxhole, and then established a listening post near the road junction.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As a result of observing Willcox’s unhindered approach on the key Italian position I think it is safe to assume the Cirene are vulnerable and no longer capable of supporting an attack on the town. [/font]

flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Q.M » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:31 am

INTELLIGENCE INTERCEPTS…

INTERCEPT STATION 45 CRETE…

DTG 051900HRSDEC40…

DUTY OFFICER PASSED…

ORIGINAL COPY NO SUSPECTED DUPLICATE…

DO NOT DESTROY DO NOT DESTROY

This CS recorded the following conversation between an Italian General (name unknown) and a Staff Officer (name unknown) in the Italian forces in the Western Desert.
Translation is literal and expressions are given.
Origin: Rome
Received: No exact location, Western Desert
Atmospheric conditions were fair to poor. Parts of conversation not audible.

G = General
S = Staff Officer
M = Marc Antony

….= Atmospheric noise

………………..
G. Get me Magnifico (anger)
S. We cannot find him sir
G. What do you mean cannot find him? (agitated)
S. Exactly that sir, we cannot locate him at present.
G. What sort of an Army do I have? Find him now! (yelling/agitated)
S. We have men out searching for him Generalissimo, but is dark now.
G. I will kill him! Who is in charge there? Get him. (yelling)
S. Lt Colonelo Marc Antony, I will get him.
M. Yes sir, can I help you?
G. Exactly what is going on there?
M. With regard to Magnifico?
G. Yes, where is he and what is going on at the front?
M. Ah, Colonelo Magnifico (coughs) was last seen just prior to the last battle at Ft Capuzzo. Apparently he was drunk and was last seen riding back in the direction of Tobruk on a camel, ahem. (coughs)
G. …and of Ft Capuzzo? What happened there? The whole front is now wide open due to the failure there. I demand an answer right now! (extremely agitated) (banging sounds such as thumping a desk)
M. It is unclear at this stage sir, however initial reports are sketchy and I will not discuss this over radio transmissions.
G. How dare you talk to me in that tone (yelling) Give me the information now or I will have you arrested. (screaming and thumping of table)
M. With all due respect sir, I will not discuss these matters over the radio….
……………….Atmospheric noise continues for some time….
G. Good then it is settled, you are now promoted to full Colonel and will take over from Magnifico. Once he is found he is to be taken into custody and sent immediately to Roma, is that clear?
M. Yes sir, of course.
G. The fate of the campaign now rests on your shoulders. If you wipe out a battle group such as Magnifico did at Ft Capuzzo, then your head will roll too.
M. Understood sir.
G. Good. Fly to Roma for further orders tomorrow. We need to rethink our strategy for the upcoming…..Tobruk. When the…….arrive the tide will turn in our favour. This will give the English something to chew on. I have been in contact with General Erwin……..( transmission breaks down and does not resume)
Q.M

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:14 pm

[font=Times New Roman]To: Major Ben Dover[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]From: Captain Dick Gozinia[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Report on actions – Operation Innuendo[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Battle</ST1 :p report: El Hamra[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]8<SUP>th</SUP> Hussars/ 7<SUP>th</SUP> Bde/7<SUP>th</SUP> Div XIII vs 158<SUP>th</SUP> Rgt / 63 Cirene Infantry[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Since we have been stationed at El Hamra the men have been itching to enter the fight and until this afternoon we have had no contact with the Italians. Our first engagement with the enemy turned out to be a bloody one on our front doorstep. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Unfortunately I have to report that regardless of my orders for ceaseless guard duty we were attacked by surprise in the town itself. The NCO in charge of maintaining the perimeter would have been demoted for allowing the breach in our defenses but he was killed in today’s action. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Somehow during the morning hours the Italians had not only gained foothold in the entire western half of the village but managed to drag a 20mm canon up and install it in one of the buildings with a line of fire to the town square. Fortunately a mortar and lookout party on the mountain to the north spotted Italian infantry running between the buildings and raised the alarm before the enemy reached the airfield and the east of town. As the mortar squad began to fire upon enemy troops caught in the open the attack began in earnest.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Our Recce & Bren squads, Pioneers, and Boys AT teams quickly formed a north south line in the buildings on the east side of the town square south to the hangers at the airfield. A Daimler and a Vickers command tanks took positions behind buildings east of the town square and a <ST1 :p Humber</ST1 :p and another Vickers took position behind the hanger at the airfield covering the square and north south main street.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Most of the fighting was around on the main gate and aircraft hanger in the south and at the center of town at the well.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]The Italians brought down a rain of artillery and mortar fire on our positions near the airfield and wiped out our Bren and Recce squad in the hanger as a section of infantry charged the main gate. Although they made the gate and closely approached the hanger the attackers were wiped out by the Vickers and Brens in the north of town.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Another Italian squad charged across the street at the well but was cut down by our defense. One of our Recce squads retook the well under withering fire from the buildings across the street. The Italian 20mm canon reduced the building in the centre of our line to rubble and killed all but one brave Bren gunner that defended it. Two of our ACs and a Vickers were destroyed by artillery and MG fire but the Vickers behind the hanger remained intact and successfully held the enemy back from crossing the north south main street.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As the attack subsided we took stock of our situation. Although we had sustained heavy casualties we had withstood the attack and still hold the east of town and the mountain ranges to the north.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Scouts of the LRDG have informed us that the 7<SUP>th</SUP> Hussars are still holding position at Bir Raghir, and although cut off from our supply lines, they interrupt the supply line of our attackers. Knowing that our attacker’s supplies are limited I will continue to staunchly defend our position at El Hamra and pray for the Hussars.[/font]

flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:25 pm

[font=Times New Roman]To: Major Ben Dover[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]From: Captain Phil McRakin[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]We have had yet another one-sided victory over the 1<SUP>st</SUP> Libyan in the area surrounding and to the west of Capuzzo. </ST1 :p Once again, our troop of Matildas “waltzed” through any defense by the Italians. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]The operation today ended was a “mop up” of the remaining 1<SUP>st</SUP> Libyan troops. Although the Italians were completely outmatched by our Matildas, I must point out that they fought bravely and to the last man.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]One of our Matilda’s commanded by Sgt. Vance was responsible for killing 70 Italians, and Cpl. Finch the machine gunner alone killed 47 of the enemy at close quarters. I have enclosed a recommendation for Cpl. Finch to receive the Victoria Cross for his incredible feat of bravery and marksmanship.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]I have also enclosed photographs of the ruined fort.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comImageFort</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on">Battle</st1:City> report: <ST1 :p <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Fort</st1:PlaceType> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Capuzzo</st1:PlaceName></ST1 :p / Continuing Action[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]3<SUP>rd</SUP> Hussars/ 7<SUP>th</SUP> Bde/7<SUP>th</SUP> Div XIII vs 1<SUP>st</SUP> Libyan Inf Div / XX11[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]The battle was a strange one. After surrounding the fort in our last battle we assumed that the enemy was “holed up’ in the fort. This was not the case. Covered by the Matildas, artillery, mortars and infantry squads, one of our Recce squads crept into the fort to discover it was totally empty of the enemy.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]As we entered the fort we discovered a bizarre scene. A 10 foot mound of empty broken wine bottles was piled in the courtyard under the upstairs window of what appeared to be the commander’s office and the internal walls were covered with hand painted slogans in Italian: “[color=black]Magnifico di uccisione”, “il Magnifico è un vigliacco”, “il Magnifico è ratto”. [/font][/color]
[font=Times New Roman]Realizing that our foes had “fled the coop” our scouts soon discovered sand trails leading to the west and northwest. Out Matildas and their support infantry support spent the rest of the afternoon hunting down the Italian troops that were hiding behind hills and sand dunes. It was a slaughter. Although we offered a truce on numerous occasions the Italians seemed committed to resist regardless of their huge losses. Afterwards several prisoners reported to our translator that their commandant had deserted them in the night and left the troops to fend for themselves. They had fled the fort and sought cover in the desert. When we appeared they fought with the berserk rage of abandoned and desperate men.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]<O :p[/font][font=Times New Roman]We are replenishing our supplies of ammo, food, and water in preparation for our march to Bardia and Tobruk.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Image[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Image<O :p </O :p[/font]
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

PreviousNext

Return to AAR/B2B Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.