Pzt 3 Front War: OP1, SAS

AAR (After Action Reports) & B2B (Battleplan to Battlefield) Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Pzt 3 Front War: OP1, SAS

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 pm

Pzt started yet another internal war, this time with a little twist!
2 teams, 3 different theatres in a row, we started in Normandy using the SAS mod.

Hogan's Heroes: Allies
Pzt_Wruff 1IC
Pzt_Coyote 2IC
Pzt_Kevin
Pzt_Kami
Pzt_Hornet
Pzt_Decoy
Pzt_Jackaroe
(Pzt_ Wincent res.)

Mad Max : Germans
Pzt_Mac 1IC
Pzt_Ronson 2IC
Pzt_CommanderNemesis
Pzt_Chewy
Pzt_BeastBG
Pzt_Penguin
Pz t_In domable
(Pzt_Verboten res.)

This is a 7 day operation

Day 1

Day 2 reinforcements

Day 3 reinforcements
Pzt_Coyote

Chef - "I just wanted to learn how to f******g cook man!!'
Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Pzt 3 Front War: OP1, SAS

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:20 pm

DAY 1

Wruff kicks off for Hogan's Heroes:

Morning day 1

Azeville

My game with Chewy froze/crashed, so I played the first game with Mac.

Wanted to clear ground to the north and hold into the buildings in the south.

Furious close fighting from the start. The enemy was also spotting my teams in cover so concealment was tough.
The SS were strong in close engagement and Mac's schreks had far better fortune than did chewy's.
I slowed the enemy advance in the south and countered to the crossroads.

Didn't go as well as I would have liked. Leaving our line vulnerable in the south.

Decoy fighting St Marie:

I fought the next battle against Indomables Osttruppen in St Marie Du Mont..i was surprised at first i met no resistance but took some light casualties when runnig towards objectives from sporadic mortarfire, Indomable put up his line of defense somewhere halfway in the town wich was well played cause my troops where stretched and tired after that running , took some losses, more than i liked ..

Fierce resistance is met at the enemy HQ, there was a sniper too somewhere picking of some careless men.

End results.

Wruff again in St Come:

Fought Indomable in St. Come.

Brought a couple of 3 inch guns to cover the flanks and good LOS straight up the gut. Our best defense against the Tigers.

Engaging enemy infantry at the main road. A Tiger covering germans teams in the north out of los of my gun covering that side.
Another Tiger came lumbering up the road from the west when my 3 inch gun tore into it.

I got a little thin in the north but held the line up there. Lost a sherman to a schrek up there.
I advanced across the road in the south. We secured a pretty good line here. Our troops fighting well.
The greatest threat to my infantry thus far seems to be the enemy MG's.

Early results after the first round of fighting.

End of the morning Day 1
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:21 pm

Kevin kicking off the afternoon Day1 in Azeville:

Conducted Strat move - as expected, nothing changed

Fought Indomable in Azeville

Not pleased with the outcome but at least I held the Supply VL.

My main concern was to hold and expand the area around our Supply VL. So I couldn't guard all avenues and decided to sacrifice the north sector.

I placed a BAR, Bazooka, CO and Stewart down in the SE corner expecting a fight there. I had a 2nd CO unit in reserve and .50 cal and mortar for support.

As soon as the game started I had invisible German forces tear up my BAR unit in 20 seconds. Never saw the unit but assumed it came from the southeast corner bldg (I hate it when units can fire away at you and yet never reveal their position AARRGGG!!!)

I saw a PztBucshe (sp?) unit coming up to try and take out my Stewart, so I waited until he was in the building to drop and airsrike on him along with the other 2 units holed up in there. Once dropped I moved forward my Stewart and CO unit to assault the building

Well the Stewart was dispatched by a Puma that had sat back and my CO unit charged valiently into the building filled with bloodied bodies from the airstrike, but there were enough live ones to engage my CO unit and knock him out.

I brought forward reserves and attempted to engage the Puma with my bazooka. He had green LOS but kept "dropping the traget". I started dropping 81mm mortar rounds on the Puma as well and after 10 rounds killed him.

I lost my M8A1-75mm to mortar fire as well

These SS troops were a tough bunch to crack and Idomable fought them well.

I cleared space to the West of the 4 story building killing an AT unit there and taking the crossroads VL. I then moved a unit north to cover the Bridge VL we possessed, but in the last minute of the game, lost the bridge to a Flame HT and supporting troops

I also lost our little bunker outside of the Battery Bunker. He charged units right into the face of my .30cal mg but they must have been napping because they never opened fire even with full LOS.

Coyote facing the weak ost BG in St Marie:

Fought Indomable in St. Marie du Mont

Well we are facing weak forces here so I deployed my troops to gain alot of ground. Basicly the plan was to come swing down like a pendula :) Advance my troops in the East, to the south and than west along the whole front.

Somewhere halfway battle I realized I needed some pictures, not much had happened anyway. I was securing ground as fast as safely possible, I don't want troops behind the line.
The south was totally clear except for a sniper who shot one of my men before being beated to a bloody pulp by my AB troops. In the north I started advancing aswell, and I made first contact there.
The enemy had his troops all in a short front around their exit VL's. I ran into his 2 ATG guns and all kinds of infantery. Killed a good bit of the infantery, but the 2 ATG's wouldn't budge, a zooka missed all his round on 1 and the other survived a hail of bullets from a .30 and bar team.

Well final result is that we have them driven in a corner now, so either they pull out or they have to stand and fight. Some of their troops do have a few battles under the belt now, so those aren't to bad anymore, but still no match for the AB troops. So if they stand, try to inflict as much damage as possible to this BG!!

Wruff in St Come

Deployed to St Come du Mont to finish day 1.

Chewy vs Wruff

Wanted to hold the north and advance in the south if I could work it out.

Fighting from start to finish today in du mont.
Frantic pace with multiple firefights all at once. Our teams supported one another, ambushed the enemy advance, countered...

...and assaulted north accross the crossroads. Our troops further north also repelling another german assault to hold position (mini map).
As you can see the stuart finally got in over his head charging forward.
Another sherman was lost further north when I mistakenly issued a quick move order to it rather than the rifle squad under it as intended.
I think a shrek got it when it wandered out of position.

Once again the 3 inch guns deterring the german assault from crossing the main road. Our gun deployed down south road killing the MarkIV.
I was pleased with the bravery of our teams under fire.
They fight well when operating in concert.

The war now stands at a Major Allied Victory. Good fighting!

End of Day 1
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Day 2 Morning
Wruff stepping up to the plate

In strat the enemy pulled the ost out of St. Marie and is reattacking with the 941st.
The FJ has also dropped into Le Verimesmil.

Opened the day at Azeville vs Mac.

Forgot deploy screen.

My defense in the south folded pretty quickly at the hands of SS assault squads.
In the end it was a party at the Tara Green VL.

I held him back and in the end we split it. We'll be running out of supply here now until we regain full control of this VL.
Deploy our armor wisely as pill boxes here now in case they're out of fuel.

Kevin in St Marie

Fought Indomable in St Marie du Mont

Very intense battle. So intense that I got NO photos of the engagement. Indo's plan from the beginning was to assault Northward into the unoccupied area right from the start of the battle. We both rushed troops into the area and somehow he got a Stug across the road (I had an ATG covering the road but the Stug didn't appear until it was safely across :o . The battle was fierce the entire 15min as he kept pushing units northward assaulting my troops. I brought a BAR, CO, Zooka, and Assault Inf into the area, but they were not enough and I had to pull another infantry unit from the Church to help stem the assault.

One mistake I made was that I should have left my sniper in the 4 story tower. I had no eyes on the battlefield and didnt see the fast moving German troops coming when they charged north. Had I posted a unit there I would have had more advance notice and might have gotten a shot of on his STUG.

I was able to take a little ground south and SE of the German deploy box.

Overall, he almost cracked our line on the northside, but quick movement and adjustment of troops helped stem his assault.

BG

deploy

Battle

Campaign

Kami having a hard time in StCome

ARR of the battle of "St. come du mont" ,opponent Pzt_Chewy ,2nd Day.

This is a report of one of my terrible defeats. Geramans attack concentrated at the center of their lines(As I expected). German infantry had obvious superiority in fire power with the help of their MG42s. each one burst of 42s would killed one or more of our men. I desperately tried to hold them back till 3-4 minutes remained of the battle ,but to no avail. What happened next was out of my control. I forgot to take any pics of the final stages of the battle (Sorry). But you can see what was (And is) the aftermath.

Some pics of the battle

Wruff in Verimesmil against the freshly dropped FJ

vs Chewy in Verimesmil.

Meeting the german paratroopers in Le Verimesmil. They're armed to the guts. Every grenadier team carrying the FJ 42 mg.
I thought better of employing a 3 inch gun. They can hammer infantry with indirect fire but the FJ 12cm Mortar teams would have made fodder of the cannon.
This was gonna be brutal on this small map.
I deployed 3 mg's covering the fields of fire to slow the enemy assault.

My 50 cal MG had to run up a few meters to get into position in the 2 story house up north. He took a while setting up, but wasn't spotted.
Enemy teams rushed forward on the north side heading both north and east straight at me.
Glad I brought 3 mortar teams. My 30 cal mg south of the road hit the tower and my other 30 cal mg on the north
flank opened up on the gren teams hitting the hedge a few meters in front of them. SchweresMG42 fire from the tower
taking a BAR team quickly.
The 50 cal finally gets set and opens fire just in time as an enemy team made a move for their position towards the
north. Along with the 30 cal the northern assault was effectively neutralized. The first assault to the east pretty
broken up too with few allied casualties.

My mortars and arty spent with 7 mins remaining the enemy kept pressing team after team to the line in waves. Forcing a bulge in the middle.
Our men never failing to fire and hitting the FJ throughout their attack, all the while taking horrible fire from every fjMG on the field.
The southern assault persisted.

End of the moring Day 2
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:42 pm

Afternoon Day 2

Coyote kicking off in Azeville

Did strat, the FJ moved out of their supply map, while we stayed.

Azeville, Well in short; a bloody masacre of our troops

It was a tough situation, we had to get supply back, they could attack from any direction.

My 2 greyhounds and mort HT started out of fuel, 2 stuart were mobile. In the North 2 puma's and a flame HT attacked, killing my greyhound instantly, the flame HT drove right into my command group, but nothing hurt it and they got toasted. My scout team basicly did the same with a puma, opened up from real close , only 1 guy in the puma got killed and the scouts were gone.

My mobile stuart came to the aid of the only bar team left there, but somehow the bar team missed that 88 50 m infont of them .... bye bye stuart and bar team, stuart crew did get it's revenge when they chucked a nade into the puma and blew it up.

Just when I got A26 airsupport chewey had a puma, flame HT, 88 and alot of infantery all huddled up, the airstrike carpet bombed the crap out of them ...but you can guess the result ...not even one casualty.

The germans were moving in on our supply VL and started taking the church, so I had to attack prematurely on our supply VL, stuart moved in and also got hit by an ATG, which I never saw, must have been somewhere in the buildings. My infantery got toasted by pioniere teams waiting on the other side of the wall =/

brb will finish in half an hour, allright where was I...

right I was getting masacred, well basicly everything was dead allready when a greyhound crew (greyhound was blown up with 1 mortar earlier on )made the 2nd HT kill with grenades lol , my tankcrews were showing the infantery how it's done.

Result was just terrible, The german infantery was just crazy, survived ambushes from 20 m. away and in return destroyed the allied infantery in seconds, german HT's ate A26 bombs, 10m. infantery ambushes, zooka rounds and a few mortars and barely got hurt. Pretty pointless battle.

Kevin in St Marie

This is where all the fighting took place. I caught a tank moving across a hedgerow and thought for sure that I had them. But the AirCorp took its old sweet time getting there (15-20sec - no joke). Never did a cup of coffe cost so much. Anyways he brought this tank up to further support his asault and I lost the VL.

I did make a probe attack on the south side in the waning seconds while the other battle was waging. I was hoping to catch him offguard, but he had enough in place to repulse the probe attack.

Kevin writing an essay about his battle in St Come :)

PART 1 (See below for Part 2)

Fought Indomable in St Come du Mont

This was probably one of the most INTENSE battles I have ever fought. So Intense that I only got one photo taken

We got a good result but the situation was terribly dire for awhile during the battle.

I deployed 6 tanks (4 Sherman and 2 Wolverines) along with 2 3in ATG.

Deploy

Fight with Tiger

The battle opened with 1 Pz IV (pt B on map) lined up IN the hedgerow allowing only one Sherman (pt A) to have LOS. They both exchange shots. Meanwhile a PzBuchse is located crawling (pt C) in close proximity to my tanks. 3 Tanks have LOS and open up on him killing 2 of his unit. BUT the remaining man of the PzBuchse team stands up and fires, killing my Sherman that was fighting the PzIV. I continue to fire away at the PzBuchse but somehow he manages to get a second shot off at another of my tanks but fortunatly misses. He's finally killed.

FIGHT WITH A TIGER

Now the PzIV moves forward clearing the hedgerow and comes into LOS of both a sherman and 3in ATG. They each fire a couple volleys before a Tiger move around the corner just north of the PzIV. I change targets for the 3in ATG and start laying rounds into the Tiger (no effect). While my ATG and Sherman are firing from the south, I quickly move a Sherman and Wolverine to point D on the pic above to engage the Tiger as well. I also start moving another Wolverine down from the north towards point F (Yes they all have fuel (only the 1st sherman killed was out of gas)).

So my ATG and Sherman firing from the south are both engaged by the Tiger and PzIV but both my boys lose the firefight. But now my 2 tanks at point D both have LOS on the Tiger and engage (both are shielded from the PzIV by the hedgerow). Unfortunately in the intensity of the fight, I failed to move up a probing inf unit north towards our Supply VL. For sitting at pt E (under the aircraft)is a Grenadiere unit who fires their rifle grenades at my Wolverine and kill it in a blinding flash. Almost simultaneously my Sherman goes up in smoke as well from an 88 AP round from the Tiger.

So the score at this point is:
Germans - 4 allied tanks and 1 ATG
Allies - 1 PzBuchse

I'M IN SERIOUS TROUBLE AT THIS POINT.

My Wolverine coming down from the north to pt F stays back behind the hedgerows north of the Supply VL to engage the Grenadiere unit at E. I also charge a BAR unit north and and bring an Assualt unit (sitting in the hedge at Pt F) to kill the Grenadieres. DONE.

I now inch my wolverine down a bit to engage the PzIV making sure I stay out of LOS of the Tiger for the time being. We exchange Volleys but the PzIV will not die and now the Tiger starts to move forward to get LOS on my Wolverine.

At this point I have a BAR unit engaged in a firefight at pt G for the Strongpoint H-15 VL. I decide to charge my Assault troops (Flame) west behind the hedgrow in hopes of assaulting the the Tiger as he comes up the road. My Wolverine at this point is successful in forcing the PzIV crew to abandon their tank. The Tiger now comes into range of my Wolverine and they exchange volleys (nothing). My assault unit is now in position, they pop smoke and charge the Tiger. The Tiger merely turns his turret and kills half of my Assault team while the remaining men cower underneath the tank.

I now have an Airstrike available and feel this is the opportune time to use it to kill the Tiger even if it costs the remaining lives of my assault unit. The bombs fall short and only manage to kill the remainder of my assault unit.

My wolverine has now run out of AP ammo and I attempt to withdraw him "WON'T GO". He refuses to follow orders

AT this point of the battle, my BAR unit at Strongpoint H-15 has been killed and Indomable decides to charge 2 Infantry units towards our Supply VL to retake it and all I have guarding it is my Wolverine and a BAR unit sitting just south of pt E. And we're out of AP ammo staring at a Tiger tank. My Wolverine engages the Infantry as they come to the edge of the hedgrow and I charge my BAR unit from the South as well as another BAR unit guarding the northern Farm VL (I figure the Supply VL is far more important to retake and hold). The 2 Grenadiere units start tossing grenades at my Wolverine killing 1 and injuring another and open fire on my charging BAR unit from the south. But the combination of two charging BAR's is too much for the Grenadiere's and we dispatch them in hand to hand CC.

So the Supply VL is now in safe hands and the Tiger is starting to withdraw. At this point it occurs to me that his main gun is knocked out (Someone educate me on how you can tell if his gun is out plz).

Southern Action
While the above is taking place, I have a CO unit and a Sherman sitting around the southern exit to Carentan. With the situation being terribly desperate around our Supply VL, I decide to move the Sherman North towards Cannal Street VL with the intention of turning him East at the Canal Street VL intersection. As I approach my Sherman is assualted by an Inf unit and an MG 42 ( I never see it happen because I'm too preoccupied with the battle for our supply VL). When I return my attention to this Sherman I find him immobilized and several dead German bodies littering the ground around him and a few live ones cowering underneath him. I move my CO unit up to assist him dispathcing the Germans and the survivers surrender when I approach. We now hold the Canal Street VL with an immoblized Sherman and a CO unit. But now I spot a German unit approaching just south of this VL to try and retake it but the Sherman turns about and unleashes a devasting HE round while I charge my CO unit at them forcing their surrender. Another German unit is no spotted crossing the road south of us taking the Carentan VL. The Sherman opens fire killing 1 man and I charge the CO unit southward to retake the VL.

Looking Northward we spot the withdrawing Tiger reach the intersection just above the St Come du Mont VL. I command my Immobilized Sherman to open fire on the Tiger and watch as the rounds bounce off and the Tiger continue to withdraw.

PART 2 (continued from Part 1 Above)of fight in St Come du Mont with Indomable

Northern Action

While all the above is occuring, another PzIV breaks through a hedgrow on the north and my northern 3in ATG kills him for his troubles. Eventually the ATG is knocked out by a PzBuchse that sneaked up to kill him. So the northern Farm VL is now unguarded and the PzBuchse moves in to take it.

At this point, with 2-3 min remaining, we hold our Supply VL, the Canal Street VL, and the Carentan Exit VL on the south.

Switching attention back to the our Supply VL, I have 2 BAR units sitting waiting for orders. I move them both northward to retake the Northern Farm VL. We run into the PzBuchse hiding in a hedge and kill him (we took 1-2 casaulties here). 1 BAR continues north to take the Farm VL without any issues and takes up a defensive position in the hedgerow just east of the Farm VL. The other BAR moves westward and take the Strongpoint H-15 VL without incident.

I now realize that I have another BAR unit sitting in the middle of the map just south of the Strongpoint H-15 VL. The battle has been so INTENSE that I completely lost sight of this unit. So I move him Westward in towards town. In hindsight I wish I would have moved him over the abandoned PzIV (never destroyed) because this tank was listed as damaged in the post battle report and still positioned in a German occupied position. I checked the file afterwards and unfortunately the Germans recovered the tank and placed a new crew in her.

So final tally - we hold 5 VL's and are better positioned to take this map again.

Losses
Allied - I lost 3 Sherman, 1 Wolverine, and 2 3in ATG

German - I killed 1 PzIV, Damaged 2nd PzIV (Crew abandoned), 2 PzBuchse

End of Day 2
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Morning Day 3

Wruff in Tare Green

In strat the enemy attacked us up north in Tare Green.
In the south the FJ stayed put.

Wruff vs BeatBG

Meeting the SS at Tare Green.

A rain of german mortars slowed forward movement over this rough terrain. My men lumbering up the western slope and tiring quickly.
Directly north a command squad and a zook team occupy the large central bunker, minus several that didn't escape enemy mortars.
Our arty doing little to suppress troop advance on the north ridge.
The greyhound motoring accross the beach getting the best shot to kill the crew of an enemy ATG on the north ridge.
He ended up losing to the puma and HT up the main road.
The stuart makes good time up the west ridge to provide
valuable support to our teams cresting the steep slope.
Just further north at the bunker the germans had an easier path to the position and arrived just as the lead members
of my separated broken command team got there, throwing grenades (shown here) but overwhelmed when enemy
reinforcements arrived to occupy the valuable position.

Our Naval support takes care of the Puma and HT on the road.
The 3 inch gun on the beach kills the MG in the central building there. Suppressing german teams in the north bunker as well.

One of my bazooka teams that was spotted earlier finally gets a shot off from his forward position in the face of
the opposition to no avail before they took off his head.
My .30 cal in perfect position but cannot get LOS on this flank.

The 75mm tank softens up the bunker before allied teams assault it from the steep side and resecure the position.

Our only loss the greyhound.

Campaign

Coyote in St Marie, with dirty dozen saving his ass

Indomable vs Coyote in St Marie du Mont

Setup was to defend the St.Mere eglise VL

Apperently I forgot to take a pic of the deploy, as a matter of fact didn't take much pictures at all, was too busy safing my airborne ass :)

The germans started with attacking my thin line in the south, I crapped my pants since they brought a stuh42 there aswell. I fended off their infantery, but took heavy losses. A recce team immobilized the Stuh42 in an awkward position tho and he was out of the fight. Things seemed under controle again, when a bloody shreck took out both my ATG's in a minute. They had good cover, but somehow he still spotted them and the shreck didn't miss once.
I was back in a crapping pants state.

Now germans started moving in the North towards the St.mere VL, again my infantery safed the day. another recce team and a command team took care of most of the infantery.
A stug came driving up the road in the North and took out most of the recce team there, because the piat man was an idiot. Their remainder got taken out by 2 man left from a pioniere team, when one of the germans blew all of them up in the building, including himself and his friend. I guess throwing wasn't his strong point :)

Enter the heroes of today !!!! I had a lone assault team (Dirty Dozen) at the cafe, who allready destroyed 2 german teams in an ambush. The cafe block was their domain now. The Stug wasn't aware of their presence and started driving towards the town square, when they charged the Stug and blew it up/ torched it in a few seconds.

They continued their heroic journey north, to relief the command team fending off the last remainder of the german attack. This was done pretty fast, but the Dirty Dozen didn't have enough and turned south again, towards the german exit VL!!! HOOOOOO!!

There was 30 seconds left for the last stretch and they ran like hell, shooting from the hip at a mortar team running towards the VL from the East. With 6 seconds to go the first man was on the flag, but it didn't change yet, only in the last second it changed! The Dirty Dozen completed their mission. Victory !

14 kills and a tank in 1 battle ;D

Kevin in StCome

Fought BeastBG in St Come du Mont

Quiet battle with a few skirmishes. He took back the church in the middle and I took another building on the southside.

I did not press anything here looking to consolidate position and lure him into some firefights

I did kill another PzBuchse and a Flamethrower unit. Got a couple shots at a PzIV but he withdrew.

He snuck a Recon unit around the north and west edges and assaulted and destroyed my Wolverine. I didn't see it coming but I cut off his travel path for next round deployment.

His Tiger never showed its ugly face until the last 60 sec.

End of Day 3 morning
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:02 pm

Afternoon Day 3

Coyote starting in Tare Green

Fought Indomable on Tare Green and did strat

They moved the Ost BG into St Marie, Their FJ stayed put.

Setup was mainly defence everywhere.

The battle started with indo taking out my greyhound with 2 mortar rounds, they were satelite guided he said... we have to investigate this further ;D

First 7 minutes of the battle nothing happend, and for me nothing even showed up. A mg42 in the west hedge was harassing my men in the trenches occasionally. He killed alot allready and everytime my Stuart moved in he would run away. I had enough of this so I slowly started advancing on the hedge, again taking casualties, but in the end I succesfully chased them out of the hedge. While attacking the Stuart was hit by a mortar barrage, removing the maingun and wounding people inside, 1 serious and 2 not so serious.

Meanwhile my infantery in the trenches/bunkers also took fire from a pak40 and later an 88. I had to choose which one to nuke with the naval, I chose the 88 offcourse :)

Result was abit disappointing, lost too many infantery, something we can't lose with this BG really. Got some better defensive positions in the West now tho, so next battle should be easier to defend without getting picked off by their guns and mg42's.

P.S. I didn't see a single HT or puma. Only 2 guns.

Decoy in StCome

Fought against Indom in St. Come, my goal was to just defend and especially hold the orchard so i deployed most my troops there..
The battle was just some small skirmishes at the crossroads where he tried to push some grenadiers through covered by a MkIV, low losses and not much happened..
Btw there was this big fat Tiger overlooking the road to St Marie so i didnt bother goin there :)

End of Day 3!
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:10 pm

Day 4, Morning

Wruff fighting the whole morning of Day 4

Fighting 2 battles to open day 4 of this 7 day operation.

In strat the germans moved the FJ back to Le Verimesmil in the south.

Tare Green vs Mac.

German assault teams at the door of the bunker spitting fire at allied teams.
I hammered the bunker for several minutes with the hound and 75mm tank killing and supressing enemy defenders
before mortars eventually took out the guns of both our armor there.
Rifle team just below the bunker waiting to resecure the position.

In the southwest a panzerschrek took out the stuart as it moved to position, also knowing there's another assault
team moving south that broke through my team covering the area.
These guns though. They're real tough to assault.
Our ATG there making quick work of the german SS Panzergrenadiers.

Bar team in the big beach bunker destroy a halftrack.

Resecuring the bunker.

--------------------

vs BeastBG in St Marie

The Ost did good slowing my progress. He placed ATG's along every path which did well in breaking up my teams.
His forward gun had some really sick LOS and killed too many of my troops.

I didn't gain the ground I had expected and I lost too many men.

Chef du Pont vs Indo
Engaging the german 941st commanded by Pzt_Idomable.
No ATG's. I brought 2 carefully placed Howitzers to support my teams, along with 3 bazookas.
The enemy bringing 3 Stugs to support their assault.

The enemy attacks down the east side. A platoon of troops and armor advances slowly under heavy allied fire.
My teams fire and displace in the face of enemy armor. I pull a couple of units from the west side to cover our line.

My Bazooka man down in the **** pops one off on the big gun.

The germans attempt to forward their assault.
I move my other Howitzer up from the N/E behind the german position and hammer away at another Stug till the german gun is killed.
Allied teams pound away at the germans, gaining the initiative and cutting in on both flanks. Germans race to cover their ass.

A warm welcome to Chef du Pont. Lots of dead germans. 2 stugs down, leaving them one stug and a marder or two. Cannon fodder for the 502nd AB.

Mac was up next.

St Come du Mont

I figured the germans would probably come at me with everything they had now since they're running out of fuel next round.
Rather they never even poked their heads up. The assault never came.
I advanced some ground south main street and up to the north border. Germans have 1/2 fuel here next round... then they've none.

End of morning Day 4
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby flamethrower » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:15 pm

Wow! Killer AARs
flamethrower

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:18 pm

Day 4 Afternoon

Kevin stepping up in Tare Green

Strategic Move Results:
They moved the 125th from St Come into St Marie

And I assume they moved the Ost back to St Mere Eglise. Don't know about the FJ

Fought Indomable in Tare Green

Deploy

Not thrilled with the results. I Immoblized a Puma and killed a crewman while injuring another, yet it did not show up as damaged on postbattle report.

I lost a greyhound.

Kevin in St Marie

If you missed it above, they moved their Ost back to St Mere Eglise and moved up the 125th from St Come into St Marie.

Deploy

I was pleased with the result here. They are definitely trying to push to take the St Mere Eglise exit to reestablish supply but I was able to deny them access.

Here I killed a PzIV with my 57mm ATG.

The Tiger hung around their supply exit and never entered the battle.

There was some serious house to house assaults and we came out in a good position with alot of the fighting.

Kevin in Chef du pont

Fought BeastBG in Chef Du Pont

Good news - I destoyed his last Sturm40, a 20mm gun, and a lot of infantry.

I almost killed his Sturm42 - I got 3 shots off at it with a bazooka but it backed away. Then another bazooka had a chance as well but wouldnt pull the trigger and got overrun by assaulting Inf.

Bad new - I got overrun and lost some VL's. There was too much space that I tried to cover and I made some mistakes.

Lost our howitzer. I had a rear shot on the Sturm40 but all three shots bounced off with no effect. He turned and killed me.

End of Day 4
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:22 pm

Day 5 Morning

Wruff in Tare Green, St Marie and Chef

Fought the first round of day 5.

Fighting Mac in Tare Green.

Not much ground changed hands. Some fighting. Killed a flame track, a 9cm halftrack, and a flak88. Some fighting here and there. Allied probing assault up the gut with a halftrack didn't get far. Mortar took out the 75mm.

-------------

Then to St. Marie.

Germans going for their supply in the north.
This is such a huge map though I had to stretch a bit to cover.

The north line eventually caved in to the concentrated assault.
Immobile Tiger wins the duel with the 57mm ATG real quick.
Zook fires off but to no avail before he's overrun.
Here's a brave private killing germans with his field knife before they throw explosives at him.

Countered in the south some, but in the end the north objective was lost.

----------

Chef du Pont
vs BeastBG

Most of the action was right down the gut.
The germans wanted to secure territory in force.

In the North this german section is forced back.
Killing a team and scaring back the Stug with the Bazooka.
A couple good hits. Think I took out the gun.

Got the better of the germans in this firefight.
My zook guy alive on the flank was a madman. Knifing an entire team of grenadiers as they rushed in.
Germans were heavily supressed throughout their assault.
Allies had stregth to counter and take back some ground given up in initial deploy plus some forward cover.

End of Morning day 5
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:32 pm

Coyote beginning the fight in the afternoon of day 5

Started off Afternoon day 5 against chewey on Tare Green

The FJ finally attacked!

Tare Green

The setup was to keep them put and inflict some damage if possible.

I didn't take any pictures during the battle ...sorry

The battle started with alot of contacts along the front. I spotted multible HT's, 2 mortar and 1 AT halftrack. The AT halftrack blew up allmost instantly, I think he was in range of both my AT guns, on top of the northern cliff.
My mortar HT's now were bombing the 2 enemy halftracks.
Meanwhile the bunker at the beach got assaulted by some infantery units. My lmg team held their ground for a moment but caved in. 1 mortar HT shifted attention on the bunker assault. And the germans got all slaughtered inside the bunker by a command team. Not long after both their mortar HT's were taken out by my mortars.

With about 10 minutes to go things cooled down abit. I moved my recon north on the beach abit closer to the enemy VL. And in the West I moved my recon team to the next hedge. They got ambushed and I moved my .50/zooka HT in to chase them out of the hedge. The next hedge was crawling with activity aswell and my mortars and an airstrike got to work, before I assaulted it with a rifle team. We took some controle of it now.

I had moved a second command team from the westbunkers to the beachbunker, cause i was sure there would be another attack. They arrived just intime for the germans last assault. Again shooting my very last mortar rounds on the assault, the germans get either killed or suppressed, and when they enter the bunker they get dealt with fast by the command teams and zooka team.

Meanwhile on the beach my recon team sneaked in on the enemy VL. When they got close they just saw the enemy recon team which was defending en route to my VL :) The m3 AT gun and mortar HT on the beach opened up along with the scouts. They were down pretty fast but my recon team still took some casualties.

Kevin in St Marie

Fought Mac in St Marie du Mont

Nothing went well on the north side. Mac would move under cover, stay concealed, instantly spot my me sitting in ambush and would open fire killing, suppressing and then assaulting me. I did more running away than firing on the northside and lost a VL.

I dropped an airstrike on one PzIII immobilizing it and killed some crew (confirmed that it is dead and not returning). Got in a duel with another PzIII and LOST the duel. :o

Faired better in the south sector clearing some space and getting right next to the south VL.... But my remaining trooper lost heart and would NOT move to take the VL. Probably didnt help that there was a Mortar HT sitting on it.

We're close to victory

Kevin in Chef, doing a thunder run :)

Fought Mac in Chef du Pont

The assault went according to plan moving north and then east to take the St Mere Eglise Exit.

Ran into a Marder and two Grenadiere units at the St Marie du mont exit. The Marder destroyed my Stuart and immobilized my Sherman. But the Sherman then killed the Marder and a few Grenadiers as well.

I turned another Sherman facing southward towards the crossroads and he knocked out their last Sturm40.

After taking the St Marie du Mont exit, we pressed eastward. I could tell that Mac did not have it covered, because he had a lot of troops running that direction. So I moved eastward several units and cut off several runners and made good use of our flame tank to kill several German units.

Dropped an airstrike on a Pak40 destroying it and I think I killed one PzBuchse and injured another.

Final Tally
Germans lost a Marder, Sturm40, Pak40, 1.5 PzBuchse and several Infantry units

Allies lost 1 Sherman, 1 Stuart and had another Sherman Immoblized as well as the Flame Sherman.

Victory switched back to the Germans, but we're obviously close. I don't think the Strat Map I provided lists the appropriate VL totals. I know St Marie has 18 VL rather than the 14 listed on the Strat Map.

Wruff in Auville against the attacking FJ

Fighting the FJ. Commanded by Mac.
Our 49th Engineers were ready.

The St. Come du Mont VL straight up the road MUST hold.

Enemy attacks straight up the guts.
Assault team runs right up in the enemy's face and gets to work.
Our chemical mortars making pudding of the enemy airborne assault teams. 12cm german and allied chem mortars lit it up.

Enemy survivors take up position at the Hotel. Reinforcements crawled their way up.
Our .50 cal MG answered with a noise. Germans falling dead one by one for the next few minutes under BAR and MG fire.

FJ assault on the Church didn't get far.
The FJ took a real beating the first 5 minutes of this fight. Taking all the steam out of their attack.

Counter assault went crappy though. All the bloody MG's and high explosives from the german positions.
The naval was a nice touch. Our KIA were a result of my counter assault. Still killed about twice as many germans. Hammer these bastards.
We achieved all of our vital objectives for the day and the enemy is licking their wounds. They've requested a time out.
We've given them a LOT to think about this day of fighting.
We're playing our best ball when it matters most. Don't let down your guard for even a second

End of Day 5
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:47 pm

Day 6 Morning

Coyote in Tare Green

Did strat and fought indomable on Tare Green

I was expecting an assault anywhere really, so I was spread to thin.

Well the assault came onto the beach bunker right from the start. 3 infantery teams, of which 2 sturmpioniere charged the bunker. Another flame HT covered them. My m20 was toast right away, our m3 gun blasted the flame HT in turn and a shreck on the beach blasted the m3 gun.
The Bar and command team in the bunker did great with the mortar cover, but some crazy german somehow got to fire the flamethrower with mortars dropping on his head.
In the north a scout team sneaked passed my scout team and mostly got busted up by the guntruck. Guntruck in turn got hit aswell by a shreck team under heavy fire ... In the north at the buildings a puma had shown himself and was destroyed by naval along with a bunch of infantery in those buildings.

Indomable had send out multible scout teams on the beach, and all of sudden half the beach was german. Only at the end I spotted them. A mortar HT send to investigate was shot again by the same shreck team still under heavy fire ...SS seems to be suppress resistant at times.
Had to send infantery to the Uncle Red VL to cover it, cause the recon teams were just invisible. Which left west bunker open for grabs, which the germans finally did in the end.

It was a tough attack with the germans fielding some of their last proper SS troops. We took heavy losses, but so did the germans. Which is most important, they did gain a bunch of ground, but won't have the troops to hold it the coming 3 turns. They have no mortars left, 1 puma, 1 shreck i think, 1 pak and a bunch of light infantery and HT's and next round they are out of supply and fuel.

Kevin in st mere eglise, where our armor attacked their OST BG behind their lines thanks to the thunder run in the previous round.

Fought Indomable in St Mere Eglise

Quiet battle, he was under obvious orders to maintain the OST BG for another day. So I killed those that I found and took as much ground as time permitted on this large map.

Killed one of his ATG's. Germans now have only 9 units left in this BG. I would have killed more but they were no where to be found.

Kevin again in St marie

Most of the fighting took place around the St Marie Du Mont VL. He assaulted and killed a BAR unit that I had close by but he could not expand further since I had him pinned in nicely on all sides. He attempted to assault to the Northeast of this VL position but I had a Bazooka unit that did a nice job suppressing them. So he then brought a PzIV and Vet Grendieres to take out my zooka team. He must not have realized that I was AT infantry because the zooka got 2 shots off killing the PzIV. I counterattacked the Vet Grenadiers and knocked him out as well.

I attempted a last second charge to take the south VL but he had a double Flame thrower unit waiting in ambush and.... well you can guess the results of that one. I hate those double flame teams.

Anyways, didnt lose any ground here and killed some infantry and two more tanks.

PztIII kill

PzIV kill

Kami reattacking into chef with the AB

AAR of the battle of Chef-Du Pont against Pzt_Mac.Day6.

Units deployment (Red dots and lines are belong to enemy)

The battle began with my men on rush towards the 'to St. Come du Mont" VL ,But Mac was well aware of my plan and stopped my men by mortar fire ,To avoid casualties ,I ordered sneak move.
The first few minutes of the battle was both sides move for grabing VLs and suppressing fire to slow the opponent. Germans won the race and took St Come VL first.

Thanks to the better skills of the paras ,They fire deadly shots on germans and remained alive under enemy fire more than I expected ! On the other hand ,Germans had very accurate mortar fire (At least as accurate as ours) and 42s were lethal like the always.

On the west ,Recons was crawling as well as their german counterparts. AA gun was the main obstacle there which was ready to shred my men near our starting Vl ,and I Had nothing capable of destroying it ,Thus I used air Strike against it

After nearly 13 minutes firefight ,Paratroopers wiped out enemy around the St come Vl and took it. Few seconds remained and I was sure that I can take the "Bridge" VL too ,But although one or two of my troops were on it when the time ran out ,But it was not takken.

Recons took "to Pont l Abbe" Vl on the east.

Battle result

Kami and Mac had a crashed battle which got recreated

Those FJ are insane troops to stop.

End of morning day 6
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Afternoon Day 6

Kevin in Tare Green

Conducted strat move.

They withdrew the OST BG north leaving us in possession of St Mere Eglise. They're going for the ticki-tacki win. No other moves.

Deploy

Took back the upper bunker and a beach VL and occupied the The cliff side bunker close to their exit VL.

Killed his last PzBuchse and a Flame Thrower. I knocked out both of his Pioneer Units down to 1 man (Ugh) which means they'll be able to bring them back at full next battle since they're out of supply.

Stuart had a nice performance

Kevin in StMarie

Fought Mac in St Marie du Mont

Heavy fighting for the south exit. Mac had a really stubborn LMG unit that survived hand to hand assaults and helped hold the VL. He also had a 20mm AC that gave me trouble till I took it out with a bazooka.

No change in VL's or ground

Kevin in Chef

Fought Indomable in Chef du Pont

I didn't take as much ground as I would have liked but I did take the Bridge VL and expand out deploy northward. I did hold the St Marie VL as well but some speedy MG42 unit busted up my troops and retook the VL. (it makes no sense that an LMG can sprint the distance he did and engage a 5 man BAR unit and kill them all without losing a breath)

Wruff in Auville against the FJ

The FJ continuing their attack in Auville trying break our south flank.

Give them hell.

Wruff vs Mac.

Bearing the full weight of the allied guns down on the enemy.

Troops in position with cannon support.
2 teams on the west side. One rifle squad at the MG Nest vl, and a recon team on the river bank out of sight in the north.

Germans assault. Our rifle squad takes out the first couple of teams with support of chem mortars.
Our 3 inch gun in the Northeast begins hammering away at their reinforcements. German 12cm mortars raining down in force.
I'm keeping the 2nd gun quiet until their assault on the bridge.
The german gun in the southwest 2 story cannot get LOS on our guns.

Open fire!

All hell is breaking loose. Our teams standing fast while the enemy throws teams into the meat grinder to secure the bridge and get accross this river.

With a couple of minutes remaining and only having lost one squad I charge teams forward to meet the enemy advance.
Our recon team running up from the river bank and resecuring the MG Nest and into the treeline to engage the german team close by.
There was so much damn smoke though that I think our teams ran right through one another without firing a shot and the germans ended up with it. Oops! ;D

Germans didn't get much ground and were killed in the process.

Hold them one more round here.
We've got only 2 rounds to attack the north fronts and gain our points to secure victory.

End of Day 6
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Coyote » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:57 pm

Day 7 Morning

Kevin in Tare Green

Conducted Strat Move

They left St Marie du Mont and moved south to occupy St Come

Got a nice result

I placed a Stewart and AT Car north side of the beach with a recon unit as eyes sitting in ambush. All three were supported by a 57mm ATG and a BAR unit in Reserve. This sector was provided additional oversight by a 50cal HMG, Scout Car, and a Mortar HT.

The west sector above the heights, I placed a .50 cal in the bunker along with a Scout car under cover and 4 inf units (recon, infantry, CO and bazooka)

The battle started off with a bang as Indomable placed his ATG and an AT HT on the extreme northend of the beach. His HT blew up instantly and the 88m ATG followed the same fate shortly after with my ATG, AT Car, and Stuart all trained on him.

Indo opened fire from the middle bunker on my AT car as it moved forward to take a beach VL and the fire eventually killed the crew. An Arty barrage was then dropped on my Stuart, effectively immobizing him, but he stayed in the fight and helped lay down supporting fire in every direction. I crawled my north beach based recon unit up to take the north beach VL and placed them in a defensive position to await orders later.

Indo placed his remaining Puma in the upper northwest corner. So I put down my Arty barrage on his position but it had no effect. I started to move forward a recon unit towards the western exit to Azeville and a bazooka towards the bunker section in front of my hedge. Indo moved a Grenadiere unit into the bunker that ended up killing my bazooka and supported spotting my recon unit crawling towards his exit. The Puma, Grenadieres and a hidden Aufkeler (sp?) unit all opened fire on my recon trooper and killed them all. Thinking his position was safe in the west, Indo rotated troops down towards the beach sector rushing them across the cliffs tops. My .50 cal and Stuart made their trip difficult.

Meanwhile, I opened fire with my .50cal on the Grenadiere unit sitting in the cliff side bunker close to their exit. I also edged forward my Scout Car into LOS and helped destroy the Grens. I also started dropping mortar rounds on his Puma and got a lucky stike that killed the puma. So with Indo lacking AT, I moved my Scout Car forward along with an Infantry and CO unit towards his western Exit VL. We encountered his Aufkeler (sp?) unit and I dropped a light Airstrike on his position that strafed a few of his troops and then finished them off with my ground pounders and Scout Car.

Seeing his western position in serious jeopardy, Indo attempted to rush a MG 42 back but I cut him down with .50 cal fire. I rushed down to the exit, took it and started moving eastward towards the beaches. Unfortunatley I forgot about a small minefield position close by and lost my Scout Car and a few infantry.

Down towards the beach sector i start to sneak my northern beach recon unit towards the northern beach bunker and surprisingly find it vacant. Or at least there are no live troops left after being shot up by my Stuart and Scout Car.

It appears that Indo is running terribly short of ammo and has several troops huddled within the middle bunker. I am rushing all over the place trying to take VL's and Indo breaks free of the middle bunker towards our exit VL. But I have a .50 cal, Mortar HT and CO unit all in position to block this desperation attack. I also move a BAR unit over to help deal with this final attack. But the clock ticks down and the battle ends with a nice result. ALMOST had the Building VL but needed another 3-5 secs to secure it.

Kevin in StMere

Fought Mac in St Mere Eglise

Destroyed and disbanded the Ost as ordered.

Wruff in Chef and Auville

vs Mac in Chef.

Didn't go very well. Did forward the line to some better cover for the final assault.

------

To Auville.

Defending the East side of the river. Assault on the bridge.

End of morning Day 7!
Pzt_Coyote

Coyote

Like / Share CSO - Post

Next

Return to AAR/B2B Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.