Pzt Public Invasion - Blitzkrieg Campaign '07. REPORTS!

AAR (After Action Reports) & B2B (Battleplan to Battlefield) Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Pzt Public Invasion - Blitzkrieg Campaign '07. REPORTS!

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:51 am

- - - - - - - - - Panzertruppen Close Combat Gruppe Blitzkrieg 2007 - - - - - - - - -

War has broken out between Pzt and the whole world again.
17 day GJS custom GC designed for Team vs Public play. Allies with 22 BG's to the Germans 19.

The Allies (Public) are very well fortified and nicely equipped to meet the german invasion forces.

The Germans (Pzt) invading the country from the Northeast.
Pzt handing allied strat to the CC veterans fighting for the allies.
Rules and regs are posted at the Pzt forums.

Public updates here throughout the war.

To the fighting!

Day 1. Morning of the invasion.

Pzt_Wruff report:

The invasion has commenced.

Advanced our units towards the south and west to meet the enemies first line of defense.

Pzt_Wruff vs ANZAC_Blackstump -

Attacking into the forces of ANZAC_Blackstump out east on Juno Beach.

Wanted to get a leg up early. The allied naval did some damage, but not too much. Dodged it for the most part.
Got into a fight with the enemy guns up the main road. 2 ATG's and an M10.
One of the Tigers cracked, (another immob by naval further back. The 2nd enemy gun goes down.
Moving in and out of position to fire and reload, the lead panzer finished destroying the targets.

Pressing the attack towards the south.
Another enemy ATG in the S.W. cracked my Tiger with some sick LOS through my hedge cover there. Aye
Up the gut our teams forcing stubborn enemy teams off of the la Maison strongpoint.

------------------------------------------

Pzt_desertsnake report:

fought at Tailleville against ANZAC_Blackstump

forcepool:

deploy:

immediatly after the start , he send me naval on my head , i was pinned down during deploiement.
i've tried to gain the south houses but i was blocked with an ambushed sherman in hedgerow near juno beach VL

results:

----------------------------------------------

Pzt_Kevin_dtn report:
Fought sw711 in Thaon

We (germans) attacking into Thaon from the north. Tough battle, he stacked up his Defenses to Cover the Cruelly exit and well as any southern approaches

Lost one HT to Howitzer
Lost one AC20mm to Mortar strike
Lost one AC20mm to Piat.

HT Flame was immoblized by Mortar strike

Push Eastward towards Cruelly Objective

Heavy Casualties pushing south.

Took objectives and held off last minute flanking run after my troops surrendered.

------------------------------------------------

Pzt_Coyote report:
Iron45 vs Coyote in Rauray, meeting engagement

The mighty SS panther went into action, 4 only tho, because of the rules.
Plan was to take as much ground as possible, spreading out the panthers to support infantery mainly. Tanks would to be engaged with a buddy tank only.

Momma Panther made first contact down the road south, and shot a sherman up it's ass, it hurt. Another sherman rammed a wall nearby and got tracked. Momma Panther's fury scared the allied tanks reaaal good, and they never made a move after that.

I kept moving my infantery forwar for about 10 minutes, one team ran into an ambush in the west and got slaughtered, one of the panthers slaughterd the allies in return. A piat unit tried to get a hit on Momma Panther but got spotted by my scouts and the piat team got ripped apart.
In the west I met no opposition at all and i could take the railway line and some hedges in the East.
I had them locked in tight enough I thought, so I stopped advancing 12 minutes into the game.

As you can see we have excellent positions to advance in the east next round, make a run in the beginning. Scouts can now overlook their whole area, so they will be fighting a losing battle.

----------------------------

Round 1 continued...

Pzt_ Ronson report:

Fought 7A_D6H in Tilley, knew it would be a mad rush so took a mobile force with 5 MkIV's and an ATG just for security.

Well it was a mad rush, no combat photos as the tanks were rocking all over the place and we couldn't keep focus. I send 2 tanks West, 2 in the middle and 1 forlorn hope out East to attempt the impossible looking Bayeux VL.

Heavy fighting in all across the front, we lost the East Tank to a Fly, but the 2 infantry squads come up trumps and took not only the VL but the enclosure too!
Managed in the centre to hold by fingernails the North edge of the town and in the West took most of that town too with the Juvigny VL.
We lost a MkIV, scout and Pz gren squad, his losses were 2 Cromwells and a lot of infantry.

Cheers
Ronson
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Pzt Public Invasion - Blitzkrieg Campaign '07. REPORTS!

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:59 am

Wruff report:

Battled RD_Skybouncer in Hottot. Pzt attack.
Then did strat and fought Juno Beach with DAK_dehm.

June 6. Day 1. Last battle of the morning round.

Wruff vs Skybouncer.
My BG

Deploy

German teams sniff out allied defenders, probing forward for enemy ATG's.
sdkfz Inf Gun moves up through the first gate to support our infantry advance.

Clearing and advancing another gate south through the next paddy.
Enemy teams forced in retreat without armor being able to see over the thick bocage in Hottot. M10's covering the main roads and south forests.

Lost the 8.8 to an m10 way up the road in the first minute.
Overall a good fight with german teams supporting one another on their advance.
I hammered the 2 and 3 story watchtowers with our 10.5 soft skin gun positioned in the high northeast. Line of sight accross this map from those enemy towers.

Remember that none of these hedges can be crossed in Hottot and it's very difficult getting a turret looking over the other side of them.

First round fighting.

---------------------

Day 1, Afternoon.

Wruff vs DAK_dehm. East front at Juno Beach.
I took 4 Tigers, and 2 halftracks (1 x mortar track and 1 x anti infantry track).

dehm deployed an aggressive defense with teams up the middle to resecure the contested la Maison strongpoint.
A heavy firefight ensues. Germans move heavy suppressive fire into position.
I knew it wouldn't be long before the Naval was called in on this one.

Effective. one grenadier survives up front, the mg now making his way forward to clean up any allied survivors that remain in the building and take position to support the further southern assault.

Allied teams come under very heavy covering fire as our Auf team moves in from the beach wall bunker to secure the Chateau strongpoint.

More heavy infantry resistance delt with on the west flank and cleared them out of there. Keeping the Tiger over there behind the hedge away from the big ATG deployed southwest that got me there last time.

Kevin report:
Fought DAK_Dehm in Tailleville

Round 2.

Lost 2 tanks and an 88 Flak gun
Killed 1 Sherman, 1 Stuart and 2 ATG

Battle opened with me losing a tank within the first 30 secs:

Thinking that I would have spotted an ATG at the crossroads, I move a tank into the clear and quickly lose it to an ATG hidden 10m from my MG42 (and it stayed hidden even after firing 2 rounds UUUUGGGGHHHH!)

knocked out Stuart with pzfaust strike and charge the VL

knocking out sherman and assaulting east bridge

Results

Wruff report:
On to Thaon where our scout BG continues its assault up the center of town.

Wruff vs Blackstump.
Planned on taking the Church and fighting towards the crossroads. A path well defended by commander blackstump.

The allied teams within and surrounding the church didn't want to give it up. Stubborn to the last man in their defense. Germans have the allies surrounded and cut off in there but it costs the germans some good fighters finally taking control of the position.

Pressing the attack towards the crossroads.

Tough advance into Thaon.
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:26 am

Update 8/14

Day 1, afternoon. cont...

Pzt_idot report:
Fought Stumpy in Rauray

here is what i took

expecting an attack from him here i went defensive here was my deploy

no attack came so i cleared the south east for better deploy to attack with

ran into light resistance had a tank covering infantry, he tried an airstrike with no success

lost a few men to an m10 of his near the end so brought them back on other side of hedge.

final result

------------------------------------------

Pzt_Desertsnake report:
Fought against stumpy at Tilly

forcepool:

deploy:

i felt face to face with a cromwell , a firefly and a M-10 near "Ferme d'hiver "

I reached to explode this m-10 , but failed against the cromwell

He shot a second Mark IV with an At - gun ambushed in the facing hedgerows

Finally i couldn't resist to the push of those tanks , and they never became mired by my at gun.

As a result :

---------------------------------------------

Pzt_Ronson report:
Fought MiKeBruno in Hottot. picked an all infantry force to clear the south woods and hedgerows, just keeping an ATG on our supply........belt an' braces never hurt nobody :) .
Set up
My objectives were to clear those South woods and to take the Hedges. He wasn't too keen on that idea and threw his M10 down into the woods to support his infantry there, the twinned mortars damaged it and our pioneers did the rest :) .
He attempted to retake the woods VL with the help of an armoured car, our PzGren disputed this:-

Game ended with us controlling the South and a nice front line established which will allow us to clear the North or sweep round South next game:-
Losses as you can see were light most of the teams will pick up replacements as I switched attacking before they fell below 1/2 strenght.
He lost M10, Humber and a shed load of infantry.

Cheers
Ronson
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:36 am

Day 2, Morning

Pzt_Kevin report:
Conducted Strat

Allies withdrew from Juno

Fought Nowhereman&carl in Tailleville

Troops

Deploy

Allies brought forward 3 tanks to dual with an 88. These 2 lost.

MkIV dual

pzFaust Strike

Final assualts sweeping the battle

Results

--------------------------

Pzt_Kevin report
Fought RD_Skybouncer in Thaon

----------------------------

Pzt_Coyote report
Fought Skybouncer in Rauray

I put up a very forward deploy to have early warning of an enemy counter attack, I had 3 panthers covering the infantery. My main attack would be in the East.

Right away I had massive contacts all along the front, 2 firefly's in the middle, 2 m10, east and west and 1 command sherman in the east. Plus numerous infantery coming my way in the Middle/East.
One infantery ambushed a platoon leader and dodge the command sherman, by running to the other side of the hedge. Allies send an M10 after them right away, Panther jr moved in and killed the m10 in 2 shots. Meanwhile my mortar HT was bombarding the other M10 in the West, after a minute of dodging the mortars and shooting at the rails (trying to find my scouts) he gave up. He just parked it somewhere and it got steadily bombarded by my mortar HT.

In the field with the command sherman it was crawling with allied infantery, my team that ambushed the platoon leader was moving south where i had located a 6 pounder , which had shot at panther jr, without doing damage.
My scouts in the field got spotted and had to run north for cover, daddy panther and panther jr moved in to get rid of the sherman. Daddy panther, got hit in the leg and was immobile.

After about 5 minutes of pounding the m10 in the West finally blows

Right after that Panther Jr goes for his 3rd kill, destroying the firefly. While crossing that hedge he gets a splinter in his paw and must give up aswell ...

With the M10 in the West out of the way I thought it was time to bring momma panther forward. Momma didn't last very long tho, cause my scouts had missed a 6 pounder. 2 shots and 4 out 5 of the crew were dead, but the last wounded gunner didn't give up. He managed to withstand about 3 minutes of being pounded by the 6pounder and even force fired on the gun. My infantery was on the way in to get the 6 pounder and a firefly aswell :)

In the East my infantery was out of panther support aswell, because of immobilisation, but even a stationary panther is dangerous :) Both my panther were stranded in the field which was crawling with allied infantery, with my infantery scouting ahead, the panther wiped out all the allied soldiers in that field. After that my infantery started to move in on the other ATG position. And they easily overran the position.

With the last seconds ticking away, my men in the East started a wild charge for ground. Meanwhile my infantery in the West had also moved in on the other 6 pounder and killed it's crew, while the scouts in the west moved in on a vickers hmg and killed 2 of it's crew just before the timer reach 0:00 .

The results were excellent, 2 fireflies, 2 m10's 1 command sherman, 2 6 pounders against 1 panther killed, 2 panther immob (no casualties) Infantery wise we don't lose many teams either.

-
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:49 am

Day 2 cont...

Pzt_Kevin report:
Fought Nomada_Manbru in Tilly Sur Seulles

This was a tough fight that centered around the town center and the westerm portions of the map

Allies pushed an assault up the west side and attempted to make for our supply exit but 2 Inf units and a MarkIV tank stood in the way.

Meanwhile I pushed for an assault into the town.

Troops

Deploy

PzFaust vs Firefly and Grenades vs Humber
Image Image

THIS IS CLOSE COMBAT!!!

Results:
Killed 3 Firefly and 1 Humber
Lost 2 MarkIV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pzt_Wruff report:
Finishing up round 3 in Hottot.

Wruff vs Blackstump

Really wanted to knock the allies off their heels. Goin hard into town. A couple of the mobile 10.5 guns positioned with covering fire accross all the 2 and 3 story buildings. Vet grenadiers and MG's would do the rest.
The Pak gun I positioned facing the main road there took out an M10 that he wheeled out from the south trying to get up north to cover the german assault. 1 shot 1 kill.

Pressing the allies back. Concentrated fire clears the hedges and send scattered allied teams back to the next hedges. Big supressing fire on those buildings kept those allied MMG's shut up. My own Schweres MG42 cutting loose up front all the while and running through all of it's ammo.
Allied Humber MKiv got caught trying to cover the allied infantry retreat. Smoked him out and jumped in. We both were lost in all the smoke. Both sides blinded and not firing, my team feeling around trying to find a target.
When the smoke started clearing my guys cut loose and destroyed the allied armored car and it's occupants.

Overwhelming concentrated firepower drove the allies back and running to cover, 3 allied squads down south are spotted charging north to reinforce as the germans pressed the attack.
My most southern team found out that the allies did keep one team in the south defending that exit to Juvigny.
German team securing it momentarily before being killed.

---------

Day 2, Afternoon.

Did strat with allied stumpy and we fought Sur Mer.
Germans attacking into the next beach front without much cover.

This Tiger BG is sooo thin on infantry to begin with I was careful not charging through the open with them. Rather getting good lines of sight on enemy targets with my command teams and letting my Tigers speak for themselves early on.
Engagements right off the start. Dueling with enemy guns and armor.
One Tiger out west loses to a Firefly.
Another Firefly lost out this time out east accross the port when he poked out to get a shot on my command Tiger in the far northeast. The fly exposed his broadside to the Tiger at 320 meters and was destroyed with one shot from the big cats 88.
-Clearing towards the east. Good fighting by allies defending that shack. ShermanII behind the little bunker covering it. Tiger had to charge over there from the broadside fire of the 6 pounders positioned south accross the water. Naval dropped on the Tiger immobilizing it and my surviving auf reserve made it in time to kill the piat taking pot shots at my Tiger from 10 meters.

Teams in the northwest ready to move on those buildings towards town.
Panzers move into position comming under fire from the last surviving and hidden allied gun down main road. Taking cover to support the assault.

He was firing on the Tigers with his 6 pounders from 300+ meters. The guns were mostly spotted and destroyed. That last unseen one immobilizing a cat in the west attack.

-

continued....
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:25 pm

UPDATED 8/17

Day 2, continued...

Pzt_Ronson report:

Pzt_Ronson vs SS_Ofizzer in Thaon.
guessed that those wicked paratroops would be after burning our dear tanks so again took all infantry force, and had a strange feeling about that long finger of land pointed at out supply VL :-/. So I decided to cover it well.
set up:-
My intention was to secure the right flank, and to clear the town centre.
As the game started all those fears of a sneak attack materialised with 2 visable teams in the hedges! consequently my own attack was delayed while I cleared up that situation and cut off the finger.
After securing the home front ;D I swung into the town centre from 2 directions and ran into a veritable battery of guns! Thank God we didn't bring tanks ;) . They battered our grenadiers, but we took the centre and wiped one of the friends of St. Barbara out in doing so ;D.

Losses:- ours 2 Pz Gren (one Vet) 1 LMG, his 1 6pdr 2 command, Bren squad and sniper.

Cheers
Ronson

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Pzt_Kevin report:

Pzt_Kevin_dtn vs 7A_D6H
In Tilly

Hottot

Strat is next.

-------

Day 3, morning

Then fought 7A_6DH in Courseulles Sur Mer
This one did not start off well at all. He knocked out 2 Tigers with a Firefly and a third Tiger with an Airstrike and I had nothing to show for it.

I moved my 4th Tiger into a defensive position expecting him to advance.

He brought forward 2 Sherman (1 command) and a Firefly to duel it out with my last Tiger. Many blows were exchanged but thankfully this crew finally found its aim and knocked out the 2 Shermans. The Firefly didn't press to engage.

I took the Bunker on the North side of the Canal but could not press across to the south side.

I also knocked out 2 6lb ATG's

////////////

Pzt_Mac report
No escape for the Panthers at Hillman. The box of death closed quick and there wasn't anything I could do.

Naval took a cat. 6lbers at close range took the guns off the other two and Flys finished the job.

After that, I just tried to hold on, but no luck.

Start:

Allied Assault:

End:

Carry on.

- Panzertruppen Close Combat Gruppe -
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:58 am

Day 3, morning. Continued...

Pzt_Desertsnake report:
Fought at Thaon against 7A_D6H

deploy

i tried to capture the west VL
opening fire :

after a slow carefully progression , i tried to push the attack , but lost first a 20mm vehic then a markIV 75/L24

results:

////////////////////////////////////////

Pzt_Ronson report:

Fought 7A_D6H at Bretteville .....entry here and on this map you are flanked both sides so took 3 tanks and mostly infantry.

Plan was to clear the left and town ending up in possesion of the hedgerows facing the Southern town.

All went like clockwork, he held his armour back in the South with one hidden behind the Railway Station covering the open space, which had we moved forwards would have flanked us....tut tut what a devious man ;D.
Our infantry supported by one of the Tanks cleared the town and Hedgerows wiping out a couple of flamers, bren group and rifle squad.

All set up here now to take the right flank next time before moving south. Above all take that Railway Station, before moving across the open ground.

Cheers
Ronson

/////////////////////////////

Pzt_Kevin report:
Fought 7A_6DH in Hottot

Lost 2 Sturmgeschutz (via same Firefly)
Killed 1 Sherman (PzFaust)
Killed a lot of Brit Infantry

--------

Then fought 27.Langmarck in Juvigny.

Quiet battle - I pushed hard south

Tempting... but no. Wrong Aircraft

------------

Day 3, afternoon.

Conducted strat and fought Iron45 in Thaon

Killed a Stuart
Lost a MarkIV leader (hidden Piat)

Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Day 3, afternoon. Continued.

Pzt_Chewy report:

i shoulda known he would ahve a atg there, but bah. lost 1 pzgren team and 1 zug team and 1 mkiv. everyone else should pull though nicely.

my plan was to bring my only armor to the left and then swing back down to the crossroads. My hope was his left flank would be atg free as the center and right flank is much easier to cross. The entire plan basically was to make it a knife fight and hope he invested a lot in AT defense.

Good early sucess. Co group rushes forward and Vicker team assualts the house on the left crossroads. LMG does a quick deploy and was able to make short of the CO team. With them down I was able to relocate and pressure that vicker team forward into the jaws of my Inf gun HT. My two pzgren teams encouter a rifle team, but a quick flank makes short work of them. With tank security done my MkIV presses forward

The attack presses on. Smoking the roads i cross over with a pzgren group. Laying down cover I rush in with my LMG and 2nd pzgren group once the LMG got set up the bren section was quickly elimitated. My HT got hit by a 17 pdr. Immoed with no angle for return fire either. Sadly it was destroyed after a few hits.

Left flank was wide open with no AT elements present. I quickly envelope that lone 17 pdr and try to supress Offizers teams. With so much pressure on the ATG I bring out my MKIV to finish the kill quicker.

Storming the house with a pzgren I push forward into the center town. With a bit of luck I manage to launch a pzfaust at a 6pdr disabling it and allowing my MkIV to provide cover.

Resistance was collapsing everywhere. Center was falling under heavy LMG + tank fire while the hedges were giving with 3 teams converging on his CO. Offizer launches an airstrike and cripples one of my teams.

Few sneaky teams here and there. Rearguard finishes off a hidden piat and later on 2 more piats.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. My entire plan was to avoid the right hedgeline because it was the most obvious place for an ATG. I got excited and eager :( . Ran that MkIV to far ahead and got nailed by a 6pdr dam it.

Total german victory.

Chewy
Pzt 4th Pz Div

////////////////////////////////

Pzt_Decoy report:
Fought against D6H in Hottot,

Very tough battle as he brought 5 tanks, including an AVRE and Centaur pounding my troops to dust in the middle.

My StuG surprisingly lost a duel against a Shermie not even scratching the paint of te damn thing despite firing about 10 rounds at it.

At the end things where real messy as i was strugglin to hold what i had, high infantry losses for both and not a single allied tank in flames.

My Stug losing the duel against the Mighty Sherman

The bloody endresults

////////////

Pzt_Ronson report:
Fought 7A_D6H in Juvigny, guessed that he would go for one of the VL's I had to spread pretty thin and take AT against those tanks of his, relying on my MG42's to take out his infantry.
I kept a reserve of Vet Grens and command in the centre.

A hectic battle as he pushed for the South VL sacrificing his infantry to cross the hedge while our gremadiers fell back as soon as his 2 tanks appeared. The MG in the building kept them at bay until the reserve arrived to push him back across the road. There was no way we were going to retake that VL with 2 Cromwells mobile down there. so I pushed the grens forward a little in the centre on the south bank. he had creepers out in the North and dropped his barrage on our Marder, which had to move forwards (minus its gun) to escape destruction.
No time to take pics. He used another 3 tanks generally shooting up the buildings and hedges ;)

Final result:-

We lost a Pzgren team, hopefully all guns & Marder escaped, the other losses will be made up.
He lost rifle and bren section, couple of recce and a piat team that I counted. His infantry is suffering here :)

Cheers
Ronson

/////////////////////////

Day 4, Morning.

Pzt_Kevin report
fought 7A_D6H in Thaon

I couldn't extract him from the final VL.

Lost 2 MkIV (1 in dual with M10 TD and 2nd vs hidden 6 lb ATG)

Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GS_Schimpf » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:51 pm

Can you post a screen with totall losses so far and strat map?
GS_Schimpf
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:45 am

GS_Schimpf wrote:Can you post a screen with totall losses so far and strat map?

Yes. A screenshot of total losses so far and the strat map will be included in the next update.
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 am

Day 4, morning.

Pzt_Wruff report:
2 battles with AT_von_Manstein in Bretteville and then Hottot.

Bretteville. Continuing our assault towards the south.

He had the bulk of his defense right there in the center. 3 shermans and a stuart covering the main road into town. Pretty much right where I was going to attack.
So I swung troops and 2 panthers around the west side of town to rather flank my way in further south, and take out allied armor along the way.
And in similar fashion splitting around further east of the main road to gain flanking poisitions on the town.

Looks like I only lost the MG team. All other teams should be back in the pool.

------------------------------

On to Hottot where the allies have the advantage.
Our stugs seem to have performed very poorly here. Their burned out hulls grouped together in the paddies. We've only 2 remaining.
No need to waste our BG here so I kept the 2 stugs back for cover and rather used a couple of fixed guns to intimidate the enemy.

I spotted 2 allied armor but they stayed out of range once they saw what kind of crossfire they'd encounter from a couple of german gun positions.

Panthers are on their way. The line is secure.
Only loss was my 2 man flame team in forward deploy.

[size=25]Total losses and victory condition to date, Day 4, Morning.

[/size]

////////////////////////////

Pzt_HerrOpus vs Anzac_Blackstump

Pzt_Mac vs Anzac_Blackstump

Pzt_Wruff vs Anzac_Blackstump

//////////////////////
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:02 am

Day 4, Afternoon. Cont.

Pzt_Kami report
AAR of the battle of the "Hottot" against ShowUDa$ ,Day 4 Afternoon - Round 8.

Firstly I referred him to the "Rules and regulation thread" ,Because it was ShowUDa$'s first game in this public Ops.
858/346 is good infantry BG for germans with enough ATG power ,But in has lack of armor which is necessary for offense. Hence I used both remaining StuGs for this battle in order to make advancing possible. My Battle Group

Becuase of the nature of the battle and the advantages the enemy had (Armored BG and High ground is in hand) ,So I planned not an ambitious plan ,Just a limited advance in the north (Which I failed) and as ordered ,Advance in the south and clearing the southern hedges.Below picture represents the plan of the battle as well as enemy positions and movements which was detected during the course battle

The Grenadiere team in the hedge in the north was spotted immediately after the game begun and wiped out by some firefights.
But unlike north ,Things went well in the south (And kept going well till the end of battle). Enemy soldiers position specified ,When they took their first casualties by my StuG shooting at the Hedge. I continued hammerinf them with StuGs before they being all killed with the Rush of the Grenadiere team there. Also Pak 40 #2 Destroyed enemy Centaur IV and The first sherman also fell victim to the StuG in the North when it cameout of the its ambush in the woods (Sherman destroyed first ,Then Centaur)

Back to north ,Enemy successfully placed mortar barrage on the StuG which immobiled it at last ,Also unfortunately destroyed Pak36r (That Russian gift). Something interesting also happened ,Mortar crew was crawling towards the front !!!

Lucky AVRE ,It ranaway from my Pak 40 after 3 75mm shells passed around him

Enemy used his Airstrike against the immobiled StuG ,Killed all but one (the gunner)

In the south ,No more resistance in the hedge ,Our troops clearing their way and passing enemy tank wreckages

Now that make sure there's no more tanks in the north except that immobiled StuG ,Enemy used his 2nd Sherman for an counterattack. But I've been ordered the Southern StuG to come up nnorth before and he was on his way there. My troops especially the mortar team inflicted severe casualties on their advancing infantry and Pak40 #1 whcih was in defence didn't lost the opportunity this time and destroyed the sherman quickly and put an end to this counter offensive

While the Pak 40 was busy with the enemy in the north ,ShowUDa$ brought his firefly to finish it off ,He did it but with the coast of losing his Fliee to two StuGs firing at him from the north (Firely immobiled the 2nd StuG before being destroyed)

There was nothing in the south in front of my troops except an enemy rifle team which engaged with my Grenadiere and AT Inf. teams ,Let the command team to advance freely ,But they ignored to run the last remainig meters to the Exit VL by responding "We need rest" ! Damn lazy commander ,They cuased me failing to take that precious VL. They did sneaked really long distance and they carry somehow light equipments ,They shouldn't be exhausted. This part of the battle made quite nervous ,I just shouted "Move on a**holes" and they just walked and stayed. Imo Lit.Speidel should be sent to court martial.

The result

Good game and thanks to ShowUDa$ for it. It is interesting that after nearly two years being in the community ,It was our fist game !

-Kambiz
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:32 am

Day 4, morning. Continued.

Pzt_Mac report:
Fought Graypocket in Carp.

Attacking with the 12th in the upper right corner against a still fairly strong Allied BG.

NOTE* Mac has fought two games in the Op up to this point and had his ass kicked both times. Mac was no longer in the mood for such results. Mac decided the best chance he had was to run to his closet and put on his custom made Pzt shirt...

The setup:
Went with the old smoke and screen plan - Sneak troops on the upper left flank into the hangers while running a Hanomag over to the right flank hoping to scare up an ATG and expose some infantry. These Hangers are nortorious for giving cover to units the entire match. Today was no exception as several Allied teams remained hidden the whole game even though they were throwing everything they had at me. Force firing a few 1000 rounds was all I could do for some spots, but it worked alright.

The enemy deployed with a heavy force in the hangers, two squads per hanger, laying down some withering fire. The only opening cover I had for the armor was behind the house.

Using Ersatz teams I crawled into the hangars while drawing heavy fire. 2 x HMG teams unleashed surpressing fire into the enemy. The Ersatz didn't last long, but they managed to spot enough muzzle flashes to direct the HMGs.

I ran the SdKfz Rabbit to the East, drawing fire from an ATG. Our 88 went nose to nose with it, but lost the dual, our Befehl Panzer finishing it off in the end. The Rabbit made it all the way to the back line before it met it's fate by an M10.

More Heavy fighting in the Hangars as several Allied infantry teams tried to surge forward to regain the hangars. Two PzGren teams and our Hauptman, backed by the HMGs kept them at bay. The PzIVH moved in and out of the buildings in the rear giving supporting fire where it could. The enemy tried to push in the last few seconds, but our Panzer wasn't going to allow it.

Our 2 x Mortar and SdKfz Mortar did a great job harassing the enemy, but couldn't find any canon. They did managed to hurt a guy in the M10.

We lost 2 x Ersatz, 1 x Recon, 1 x Gren. 2 x SdKfz and 1 x FlaK 88. We should get everything else back.
Couldn't quite break the enemy anywere, but did manage to stick the map and push out a tad.
We'll crack this bitch open next time.
End:

Get some!

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Day 5, Morning.

Pzt_Kevin vs ANZAC_Blackstump in Juno Beach.
Allies break through to the north road to Gold Beach.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pzt_Coyote report:

Ridiculous end game. Cat and mouse jesus.

vs RD_Skybouncer in Thaon.
Deploy.

Sky does a MAD human wave dash and so did I. I however have tanks on my side of the road so I win :) . Clipped a 6pdr with my MkIV near my 88. Cleared the 2s with my MkIV and pzgren and started to push from the east.

Easy shot with my 88.

Easy kill for naval :( there goes our last 88.

Slaughtered a few groups here a co and rifle g i think. Started to push down the west flank.Got caught by a flank hit by a fly
Bloody fly is invicible MkIV side shot and failed to breach lost the MkIV later.

No guts on this MkIV. Main gun damaged on the sherman, but they abandon ship even though my zug team was right there.
Fausted the sherman since it kept harrasing me.

Heres the fun part. I had all the vls by minute 7 or something, but sky had that fly running around and I had one MkIV left only. So it was cat and mouse. I SWARM sky's fly with infantry and kept trying to faust him, but he just keeps running and running and kept snagging VLs. I finially corner him and force him back into the field and my 5cm atg finially killed him.

my heroes do i get a medal btw?

Bloody butchers bill. Lost almost half my troops to that fly.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pzt_Wruff report:

Fought Cercal7 at Thaon.

Deployed surrounding the allied breakout deploy area at the Rauray exit in the west. Hoped he was going there because I was kinda thin up the gut and in the east.
I didn't deploy right up in the enemy's face (only 1 team with cover). The rest mostly with excellent interlocking fields of fire.

Right off my forward gren team taking out an allied squad and quickly killing the Flametrack below the two story window.
He then immediately brought up the stuart. I liked my MarkIV's odds on this one so I put him in position for the kill.

M10 came up from the south, just dodging two clear shots from my Pak. Moving up to try to engage the MarkIV to the north that took the stuart, I pulled my MkIV in the west over the hedge and had good position for a broadside on the m10.
Cercal changes direction for the west MkIV. I tried to stop the MarkIV from firing on infantry in front of it but it did anyway and got caught reloading.
The M10 popped off on the west MarkIV just as it rolled into LOS of my other Panzer just north there.
A split second later.

Pressing into enemy position. An ATG, covered by another M10 in the southeast.
Kept my MarkIV off of that ATG and went for an infantry assault, but the gun didn't die.

No reason here for needless losses charging those ATG's and M10 in the closing minute. We need to preserve our strength and the enemy took considerable losses and in an uncovered box for the next round.

Results to date
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:07 am

Day 5, Morning. Cont...

Pzt_Chewy finally extracting the allies from Bretteville.
...and Hottot.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pzt_Mac report:
Fought Scooby in Juvigny.

Going with the orders, I set up a tight parameter making sure not to let anyone through the net. This seemingly fresh Allied armor BG was attacking from the West.

Setup:

Match started quiet with little action. The enemy began probing into the hedges in the North as well as the buildings in the center.

Our Pioniere team made their way into the two story building and sat towards the back. Sneaking allied infantry were picked off and he brought a Staghound up for support, crashing through the front of the house. The Pionieres lept into action, destroying the Stag and finishing off the infantry squad.

The enemy tried to make a last minute push, but our troops held and pushed back. The enemy didn't gain any real ground to speak of and took some infantry losses. They also lost a Staghound and a Stuart. We lost no squads.
End:

NOTE*
1. We are getting low on ATG's in this BG. We do have several smaller PaK 35/36 3.7MM canons. Though a small gun, they fit in just about any spot and if enemy armor get's close enough, they can destroy them. They also wreak havoc on vehicles.

2. Note where I placed the PaK 88 in the West, underneath a canopy and behind some tractors. It had LOS all the way down to the Church. He never brought any armor up, but it's a great spot for that gun.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pzt_Coyote report:
Kisslea vs Coyote in Carp

The plan was to expand west under cover of pak and tanks

In the west basicly all my units ready to assault get spotted by lots of units in the last hangar there. Big firefight begins, infantery on both sides take heavy casualties, we both lost our HT's and after I shot one of his m10's there, a flamer took my mk4 in the west. The west was now pretty opened up tho. But there was still another m10 lurking there. So I send my befehl panzer to give some help and breakthroug. Halfway there it got hit by an airstrike taking out it's gun and commander, putting a heavy dent in moral.

I kept presure on the west, keeping their forces occupied all time. In the South I assaulted a hangar and drove the allies out of it, but we didn't gain it, since we only occupied it for a short ammount of time =/

Well it was a stalemate at best, we gained abit of ground in the south for heavy casualties on both sides. They have only 1 m10 and 17pdr left tho.

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pzt_Wruff report:
AAR's for my 2 battles today.

First against Kisslea in Tourville where we're attacking with the 2nd Panzers.

Right up the main road, 2 panthers moving to position comming under fire from enemy 17pdr in north hedge which was finally killed by my panther on guard duty deployed in cover on the south headge.
Another cat immobilized by artillary barrage south of the church.
Got another panther into positon our side of the main road.
Once the M10's gun was turned away I pulled out and destroyed the tank destroyer. And then another ATG. 6pdr smokin in the 2 story at one oclock.
Covering the flanks and advancing up the main road.

2 cats immobilized by arty and a ATG. Their crews are repairing them as we speak for the next round of fighting in Tourville.

-----------------------------------
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pzt_Wruff » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:13 am

Day 5, afternoon.

Pzt_Wruff report:

Did strat with RD_Skybounder.
Allies moved behind our line into Gold Beach.
We attacked into Villers in the west.

Juno Beach. Allied reattacking after moving through to Gold as they continue their offensive operations in the east.
Brought just 1 Jag. ATG's and a couple of schreks in cover to meet any allied advance.
Hopefully with this spread and cover their Naval wouldn't bring too much punishment and I could retain a strong defensive fighting force throughout, though this map is quite small.

3 armor spotted. Bloody 1 way los with the stuart behind the chateau sent my schrek over there pulling back from under the wreck near the beachwall to a trench.
Jag pulls out and provides good suppression on the chateau while keeping his nose out of trouble.
The sherman near la Maison house took about 12 shots from my Pak right in front of it! It wouldn't die.
Then came the airstrike.....
Then the naval....

Schrek had much better luck against this sherman from far greater distance straight down the main road.

Secured the laMaison strongpoint only to lose it again in the final allied push mostly thanks to the Maxim firing from the Chateau accross the street onto my position.
Losses pretty even.

--------------------------

Pzt_Kevin report:

Fought Kisslea in Thaon

Allies setup heavy in the Southwest corner looking to push that flank. I had an 5cm ATG that quickly engaged the armor while 3 infantry units fought it out with the mob of Brit forces. Brought over another Vet Gren unit to assist mopping up the west before pushing east towards their exit.

Took the exit VL momentarily but a flame track came out of hiding killing my troops and retook the VL. But I brought a French 47mm Tank down the road and killed the flame track

Killed M10 TD (captured), Stuart, Flame Track, 17LB ATG, and a whole lot of infantry,

Lost 1 MMG Half Track

-----

Kevin vs Kisslea in Juvigny

Deploy

Allies pushed very heavy attack in the southern sector leaving the north completely alone.

2 Stuarts are immediately engaged by ATG as Allied infantry press through the south killing a Grenadiere unit.

5cm ATG (Gracie) knocked out 2 Stuarts and a Cromwell

This Zug unit played a critical role in stemming the Allied assault in the south and gave up their lives holding their position.

Another Cromwell tank presses the attack from across the river. I had a PzFaust unit sneaking up on him as he hid in the hedges but he finally came out on his own and was destoyed by a waiting 88mm ATG

With the Allied armor destroyed and their infantry assault stopped, I started pressing a counterattack with units that were brought down from the north. We took all the VL's with about 2 min remaining and the Allies sued for a ceasefire so that they could bury their dead.

Killed 2 Stuarts and 2 Cromwells
Lost some infantry in the defense and counterassault.

Results

////////////////////////////////////

Germans continuing to press towards the southwest.

Pzt_Ronson report:

Played 7A_D6H in Villiers. Pzt attack. Knowing he lacked armour I left the guns at home and just brought along the 20mm for Supply protection. Most of this BG is poor quality infantry so I sprinkled in some MG 42's.

Plan was to carefully expand the deploy so I set up to make inroads into the town and some of the hedges, intending to advance under the protection of my MG42's

He came forward to meet my attack and we slugged it out out the buildings and hedgerows, he did bring a carrier and track, I managed to kill the carrier ;)

Both sides lost a lot of infantry, with his losses being somewhat higher :)
We pushed the deploy out a bit on the West, held on the East, and grabbed some buildings in town.
Ours were 1 command 3 LMG and 1 Grenadier.
His 3 command 1 carrier 2 or 3 infantry sections
Pzt_Wruff

Like / Share CSO - Post

Next

Return to AAR/B2B Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.