SG_Igor vs. SG_HerojSloba

AAR (After Action Reports) & B2B (Battleplan to Battlefield) Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

SG_Igor vs. SG_HerojSloba

Postby SG_Igor » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:51 pm

My clan mate SG_HerojSloba and me have just started another CC3 grand campaign, probably the last one since we are planning to move to CCV (and -hopefully- Red Phoenix). We didn`t change the game environment we are familiar with because the final outcome is very important to us - in last 3 years we played at least 10 GCs, but only 4 were completely finished... now he is leading with 2,5:1,5 (one campaign ended with "Draw"). Neither me or him wants to complain like "Hey, wtf?! It wasn`t like this before!"... in the middle of the game. To avoid this, we are using good old RealRed V.0822 with BR_FX mod installed, and our own weapon sounds database. But what we did was to change the maps, include more barrages, and to extend some operations by one day; we also made almost totally new Gotterdamerung op.
Other settings - time limit 25 minutes, 2 minutes warning; Reality - 95%("never act on initiative" checked). Rarity - on. I play as German, my friend is Russian. Damn! I had to be one who pulled out a shorter match :mad:
SG_Igor

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: SG_Igor vs. SG_HerojSloba

Postby SG_Igor » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:00 am

Operation Blitzkrieg / Map 1 / Day 1:

This first map was piece of cake. Russian forces were too weak to stop me. I`ve decided to make a brekthrough on the south, capture the hill behind the bridge and then move to the north, clearing the terrain.

Since the bridge was mined, I covered it with mortar fire and so activated explosive. Although it was heavily damaged, I could still use it to cross the river.

Only danger was possible AT gun, so I`ve kept my command PzIII in safe untill I`ve realized they have only inf. gun. Anyway smoke screen has been put to prevent eventual hit in the tracks.

It turned out that SG_HerojSloba`s main defending line was exactly on my way. His Maxim HMG and command team stopped my two sturmgrenadier squads, inflicting casulties, but then the third team and PzIII, supported by mortar barrage, overrided them. In that moment Russians decided to flee, probably saving that inf. gun for next day.

Operation Blitzkrieg / Map 2 / Day 2:

While on previous day my right wing was leading a breakthrough, now it will be a left one`s task. Although my High command didn`t give me nearly as much RP as requested, I`ve managed to take one light Pz35t tank, another 5 cm mortar team and large recon squad equipped with MP40s.

Unfortunately, this is where we experienced problems with screen grabber so I have to excuse for lack of good screenshots. We`ll fix it later... let`s say - my war photographer was killed and now I`m waiting for a new one. So I`ll have to describe the situation...

My main formation was advancing carefully on the north, and after a while it reached a hill crest, capturing VL without encountering any Soviet resistance. On the south, panzerbusche team took the stone bridge, but after a few sniper shots coming from near house, boys were ordered to stop. So I had silence on the north, only sniper on the south. Obviously the core of bolshevists defence was placed in the back. Now I ordered two infantry teams (recon and rifle) to run fast through the forest to the north-east corner, supposing the Russians are on the hill in front of me. Another two large inf. teams ran simultaneously to large house between two north hills and central grass covered hill. Command PzIII as weapon of final strike, stayed behind. As expected, all this movements provoke Soviets and they started to shoot from the stream and from the top of north-east hill. My teams that were sent to go through north forest almost reached their goal, I even thought that enemy left this route undefended, when they were suddenly attacked by SMG team (scouts probably) ambushing in the very corner! It all became clear to me: again, SG_HerojSloba knew exactly where I will strike, and he waited me there, while his left wing was weak, just like mine. Ok. Russian SMGs would probably stop my attack, but recon squad with MP40s prevailed. After few mortar shells fired on them, SMGs started to panick, and soon all were eliminated. Enemy`s right flank was exposed now, and that was a chance I was looking for. While mortars and other infantry were pinning the Soviets down, I ran up to the hill and saw an AT gun, serious one for sure: ZIS-3! But it was in danger and had to shoot on my infantry. Now it was panzer time! My tank jumped forward and killed confused Russian gun crew with several rounds, continuing to drive forward. Russian rifle team in the stream ran away, their commanders near destroyed AT gun too. SG_HerojSloba had no other choice but to flee once again. Victory!

Operation Blitzkrieg / Map 3 / Day 3:

So far everything was running so smoothly that I started to be a little suspicious. I knew Russians were surprised by fierce German offensive, I`ve heard they are disorganized, but... resistance was just too weak on my front. Maybe they are trying to save their forces for counterattack? I had no idea. After all, that was their problem, not mine. I had whole 3 days to conquere the last map, task that looked almost impossible to fail.

Again I`ve received fewer RP than asked. I`ve upgraded Pz35 to Pz38, took three more big but cheap infantry rifle teams and that was all I could do. Since the railroad were splitting terrain in two sectors, I decided to invade south one this first day, and leave the town in bolshevists hands for a while. I was thinking - when I capture whole south flank, I`ll have much more possible attack routes for entering the town. So I deployed my main force behind the south-west hill: PzIII, two mortars and 6 inf. teams. Second group, consisting of one recon squad and Pz38t, was placed in large forest on the north. Its task was only to capture one, maybe two VLs just in front of them and to stay out of trouble.

When the battle began, I`ve ordered all my units on the south to run forward, I didn`t want to waste any time. But! When the first soldier climbed up, what he saw there was really a surprise... KV-1`39 heavy tank in full speed was going right at me. Meeting engagement! I had nothing else to do but to storm it with everything I had. My men were throwing molotovs and grenades, while KV`s machine guns were cutting them down. Command PzIII had nowhere to hide, so it opened fire too. KV received 4 hits from distance of about 80-100 meters, but nothing. Then its turret turned slowly, and... panzer was blown away with first round. Damn! But the worst had still to come... as my command tank was destroyed, horde of infantry that were running and jumping and screaming all around that huge Soviet tank, trying to stop him, started to panic. Disaster!! 2 teams KIA, 3 surrendered, only one managed to avoid such sad destiny. They ran forward and hide in the forested area east from the hill. Half of the men were lost, the rest were shaken but still under some control, so I ordered them to sneak and try to capture VL in the south-east corner. Meanwhile KV, which wasn`t even scratched, took my starting south VL, then crossed the railroad and headed north, where my second group took both planned VLs but were stopped by (repaired) ZIS-3 AT gun and some SMG squad. I tried to avoid KV and moved infantry and Pz38t back in the deep forest, but it was too late... soon panzer was killed, as well as half of my scouts.

Now SG_HerojSloba knew he could take whole map and push me back, so first he moved that damn KV to the south-east corner where the sad remain of my main formation took VL. Tank hadn`t shoot even a single MG bullet on them... they threw away their weapons in the moment they saw it. Bloody cowards!

Meanwhile Russian SMGs on the north took all VLs in sector. Situation became critical for me... only unit I had was 2 or 3 soldiers remained in north forest. I ordereded them to run and capture my starting VL, before KV returns, and they did it somehow. Luckily for me, just 30 secs after that, battle time ran out and I stayed on the map. But my loses were terrible... I`ve never had so much surrendered men in one battle I think.

Operation Blitzkrieg / Map 3 / Day 4:

Still shocked after yesterdays dissaster and little confused by strenght and firepower of that strange Russian heavy tank (why High command didn`t tell me that enemy posses such deadly weapon?!), I`ve took two AT guns: 5 cm Pak and Flak 88. Yes, it was like I`m the one who had to defend, not him, but I really had no idea how to deal with KV but to try to pull him somehow on the open and then hit by AT guns. Besides, I was in constant danger of Russian counter-attack, that`s why I had to be carreful. I hadn`t enough RP to buy Stug or PzIV, only armor I had was repaired light Pz38t. But SG_HerojSloba is a smart guy. He parked his tank in the centre of the village, so I couldn`t reach it by AT guns. Anyway, this 4th day I`ve took few VLs around the village and then was stopped by fierce Russian small arms fire, mostly from Maxim HMGs and Spagins SMGs. One sturmgrenadier squad sneaked to bolshevists tank and attacked it with molotovs, but with no effect. Ok, let the last day bring us the decision.

Operation Blitzkrieg / Map 3 / Day 5:

Bad news. Now I`ve received decent amount of RP, but Stug, PzIV, even PzIII were depleted. Now what? I knew enemy will place his almighty KV in the village again, well hidden from my Flak 88 and protected with infantry. So far I have lost too many sturmgrenadiers trying to knock out that tank. Only chance I saw was to take Flammenpanzer II and to try to burn it. This last battle was really tough one, I`m SO SORRY I couldn`t make screenshots. Both sides suffered heavy casulties. I`ve managed to destroy ZIS-3 AT gun and to immobilize KV-1 with concentrated attacks of Flammenpanzer, Pz38t and two infantry teams, but they were all killed afterwards. In the last minute the rest of my infantry captured the last Russian VL just in front of KV, and battle time ran out. For a sec I thought it must be victory for me since I had all VLs, but computer calculation denied it - as you can see, I had too many casulties (especially surrendered soldiers) in whole Blitzkrieg operation, so SG_HerojSloba won minor victory.

If I "only" destroyed that KV-1... but one day I`ll hunt him, and then its crew will be sorry for they were ever born, I promise that!
SG_Igor

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby caribacey » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:59 pm

Good, good, to read some fun AAR's.
Interesting maps.
caribacey

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby SG_Igor » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:03 am

Operation Roads to Moscow / Map 1 / Day 1:

Drive to the heart of Russia continues! Area in front of me was tough one, with several hills and lot of mixed open spaces and dense forest "islands", perfect for ambushes. My primary (personal?) target was hated KV-1`39 that SG_HerojSloba saved from previuos operation. As long as he had it, danger of counterattack was prominent. Although I was able to buy PzIVD and command PzIII, I knew they would need a lot luck to deal with KV and his tough veteran crew, so I didn`t want to throw away my AT guns yet, especially not Flak 88.

So here is my deployment and planned attack routes. Main strike was on the south, mid group was supposed to take that small central hill and enter the woods behind it, and on the north I`ve set PzIII and 5 cm Pak... just in case.

It didn`t take long until I`ve noticed steel fortress called KV-1 sitting on the north and protecting VL. Again, I couldn`t reach it by AT guns, so I moved PzIII and PzIV ahead, trying to attack it from two sides simultaneously, but I didn`t coordinated them perfectly: fast PzIII ran over some poor Russian sniper, and jumped in front of KV while PzIV was still manoeuvring in the map centre, trying to find clear LOS. KV received several hits from PzIII, without any damage, then fired single shot and destroyed my command tank. In that moment PzIV has finally found LOS and engaged Russian tank. After 7 or 8 exchanged rounds, PzIV was immobilized, then lost a gun, and crew finally abandoned it, but before that KV was immobilized. So I`ve lost both panzers, but -at least- now I had no worries about bolsevists counterattack.

South German shock group consisting of 3 sturmgrenadiers and command team advanced on my right flank quite far ahead undisturbed, but while approaching small forested hill on the south-east map area, they have been caught in crossfire by two near Soviet rifle squads, as well as by Maxim HMG and ZIS-3 placed on the top of the fortified east hill. Although under heavy fire and many dead and wounded (whole one team KIA), they captured VL. But not for long: SG_HerojSloba didn`t want to leave that hill in my hands, as well as I had no intensions to give it just like that. So bloody head-to-head battle was unavoidable. Supported by ZIS-3 and Maxim, Russians sucsedeed to push my men back and to re-take the hill.

Meanwhile, my central infantry group sneaked to the center of the burned village and captured undefended VL. The battle was finished.

Operation Roads to Moscow / Map 1 / Day 2:

Finally I was able to make decent armored group capable to hunt KV: (repaired) PzIVD and brand new Stug IIIc. But I`ve decided to keep AT guns too. Some would say I was too scared of enemy heavy tank, bur after catastrophic loses I`ve suffered from it in the 3rd day of Blitzkrieg operation, I didn`t want to make another mistake and allow him to drive all around, picking VLs like being in shopping, while I`m trying to hide wherever I can. No way!

I`ve suspected KV will be deployed in the Russian first defence line, so I`ve placed Flak 88 again in the map centre, having quite good LOS to the north. Basicly, plan was simple: bunch of infantry will strike on the south supported by 5 cm Pak (in case SG_HerojSloba put his KV in that area), while panzer group stays on my left wing until sturmgrenadiers destroy ZIS-3 (it had to be on the east hill, I was sure) and discover KV`s position, then move ahead, clear north route and finally get that son of the bitch Kliment Voroshilov.

My right wing advanced, cleared forest, and knocked out one Russian HMG (one bastard stayed alive, but was probably scared so I didn`t bother executing him), took that small blood-bathed (on previous day) hill with VL on it, central-east area too, but there was no sign of KV. Maybe he was on rest? Or... it is placed more in their back, perharps somewhere in the north-east corner?! There was only one way to find it out. All my infantry units stormed the Russian central-east hill, while PzIV and Stug rushed forward. Result: two heavy collisions.

I was right! KV was there! During panzers advance through the woods, some sniper tried to kill my command team that was following the tanks, but faced with my creaking tracks, he was forced to run away. KV was behind. Although my both tank crews first refused to attack Russian steel beast, when it fired an AP round on them, they realized this is a question of life or death, and started to fight. One hit, two, three... six, seven... KV was really tough opponent, but it had no chance against two 7.5 cm guns at distance of only 50-70 meters aprox. Crippled, it exploded at the end... and that was simphony for my eyes (and ears). I gave my word - I`ll get him. And I did!

On the east fortified hill situation was dramatic. I destroyed ZIS-3, but Russian infantry hidden in foxholes and tranches wasn`t giving up. Although pinned down with 5 cm Pak from the south and PzIV and Stug from the north, they were holding their position with great courage, and until the time ran out I couldn`t make my way to the top. Stucked in the forest, panzers were late.

Operation Roads to Moscow / Map 1 / Day 3:

So we came to the third day on this map. Since SG_HerojSloba is on vacation for next week, far away from his PC and internet, I`ll take my chance and show you my battle plan. I`ll strike hard again, although I don`t think Russians will try to hold the map for another day. My deployment zone is dangerously close now... I think it is more likely they`ll take some rest and retreat. Anyway, regarding roster: I`m replacing 5 cm Pak with another PzIVD. Flak 88 will be placed on small hill, for support. We`ll se what happens next!
SG_Igor

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby SG_Igor » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:41 am

Damn hackers!!! Yesterday I`ve posted my latest AAR here, but it was lost after forums were shut down. Luckily, I`ve kept backup text file, and images are stored on my web site... so here it is again.

Operation Roads to Moscow / Map 1 / Day 3:

There`s something I believe all of us really hate - it`s the game crash during the Grand campaign, where every day/VL/loss/campaign point... counts at the end. When it happens, all original battle plans, deployment, roster, etc... become totally visible for (both) opponents, and that just sucks!

That`s exactly what happened here - game has crashed after 10 minutes of battle. In this short period, my job was practically done - Russians put most of their units to rest, just like expected, so I quickly captured their last VL, killing only one sniper placed on the top.

"Two minutes warning" started to countdown. Then SG_HerojSloba tried to fool me around a bit.... he sneaked two AT rifle teams deep into my territory, and took two VLs far on the west map border, where I hadn`t a single man, so I`ve sent one tank and bunch of infantry in easy `seek and destroy` mission... but my computer stopped to respond in the moment I`ve hit "print screen" to take a screenshot :mad: Although I`m not 100% sure what was the REAL cause of crash, I strongly believe it is "Ultima online" screen grabber - we already had problems with it in the first operation (screens not saved, strange game freezing for several seconds while taking a picture).

Now what? Usually we wouldn`d do it, but this time we agreed to replay. I`ve set everything like before, but SG_HerojSloba, after seeing my forces and attack routes, decided NOT to retreat. He placed two AT guns (ZIS-3 and cossacks 45 mm) just in front of my tanks, and two Maxim HMGs with command team on the top of the hill. PzIV and Stug were destroyed in 1st minute. I`ve killed his ZIS-3 by Flak 88, then Flak was destroyed by 45 mm ATG. This same 45 mm ATG hit the tracks of my second PzIV and immobilized it few minutes after. My infantry climbed up the Russian hill in one attack wave, but again, without any support, they were doomed. So both sides stayed where they were. Whole day was ruined! :bur2:

Operation Roads to Moscow / Map 1 / Day 4:

I`ve continued operation a bit angry... first, I`ve lost another day on first map because of stupid software bug; second, now we didn`t dare to make screenshots - as I turned off the grabber, problems were gone, and we don`t have another similar program (now I`m looking for some other, more reliable). So here`s a short(?) description of what was happening later.

On this day Russians finally had to retreat. Although they`ve made a lot damage to Germans on previous day, they`ve also suffered loses and they probably wanted to save some RP to rebuild their forces, so there was no ressistance.

Operation Roads to Moscow / Map 2 / Day 5:

Battle began with heavy artillery barrage on Soviet defence, but none of their units were hit. Just luck, or they were somewhere in the back? It turned out they were lucky - at least on the north area: as the barrage ended, two perfectly healthy AT guns placed there started to fire on my panzer group deployed behind the little hill that didn`t offer protection I was looking for. Stug was knocked out, command PzIII immobilized, but he managed to kill ZIS-3 and to stay alive. My recon squad entered the woods in the center, and supported by mortars, killed Russian SMG scout team, but they also suffered loses by Maxim HMG in the house north of them. Scared, they refused to continue forward. On the south, my main infantry formation also advanced and took two VLs after killing some Russian rifle team hidden in the tree line.

But then comes interresting part: KV-1 heavy tank :eek: It moved to the open terrain and massacred my infantry in the center. In that moment, SG_HerojSloba, encouraged by KV`s brutal power, decided it was time for counter-attack. On the north, his command team and HMG moved ahead and tried to capture the houses in the west corner, but my heavily damaged PzIII was still able to shoot and took care of them. In the center, KV rolled forward. Now I had to stop it somehow. I`ve ordered the rest of my sturmgrenadiers to attack it with molotovs, while my third, fully operational tank (PzIV), jumped into KV`s line of sight and engaged it on long distance. KV, distracted by my infantry, didn`t have time to return fire and was destroyed by second AP round :Flip_anim Unbelievable! It was my second capital trophee, won much easier than expected. Even my men near KV survived. Unfortunately, the battletime ran out and I couldn`t exploit this sucsses for pushing Soviets of the map.

Operation Roads to Moscow / Map 2 / Day 6:

Bolshevists spent too much RP on KV-1 yesterday, so they were forced to retreat to Moscow suburb without fight. Finally, my brave soldiers will be able to take some sleep in solid, worm houses, with roofs and doors and everything! Polar Russian winter is hard to survive on the open terrain, in frozen foxholes, while the cold wind is blowing.
SG_Igor

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby SG_Igor » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:11 am

I think this is the worst thing ever happened to my friend and me while playing CC3 grand campaigns. We were experienced so much various difficulties, crashes, strange RP & victory calculations, etc... that whole game was totally ruined :bur2: There was no reason to go on, so finally we decided to dump it after 4 operations completed, reinstall everything and start it all over again. As you see, we don`t like to give up. I`ve deleted my previous AARs (God, it was painfull...) and now I`m working on new one (op. Blitzkrieg is already replayed, everything seems to be ok now). I hope you folks will stay tuned D#c%
SG_Igor

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Chetnik » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:10 am

Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava!
Chetnik

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby SG_Igor » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:53 pm

D#c% Tako je brate!!! Samo mi je zao sto nikada nismo zavrsili ovu kampanju. Bedak. Mada... hm?
SG_Igor

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to AAR/B2B Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.