Taking Screenshots Using UOSU - With Downloads - V133 - V140

Close Combat Mod & Map Tools Downloads including Guides and howto's.

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Taking Screenshots Using UOSU - With Downloads - V133 - V140

Postby Sulla » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:02 pm

How Do I Take Screenshots? (we always had this howto on CSO, not sure what happened to it, so have redone it)

This has to be one of the most often asked of any FAQ questions on any games sites. I will stick with UOSU (Ultima Online Screenshot Utility) as its the simplest and has good options. There are many others out there such as hypersnap, but unless you want some serious other functions and or want to pay then I would go for UOSU which also has the added benefit of being free.

NOTE: Please make sure that you replace your drive letter with your own :\ Drive

Screen-2.jpg

Fig 1 - First download the file from CSO. The file is can be downloaded here Tools Downloads/Misc [See Below]

Screen-3.jpg

Fig-2 Now save your file to somewhere such as desktop where you can easily find it.

When you download a UOSO its is as a zip file ie: UOSU.zip. If you do not have a ZIP program you can download Winzip from this site under Utilites/Misc Files. If after reading this you are still unclear you can e-mail me at sulla@closecombat.org

Once you have downloaded and are ready to unzip it and you will be ready to go. (I would suggest a basic easy to remember location such as C:\UOSU ) I also always create a shortcut on the desktop such as:

Screen-1.jpg
Screen-1.jpg (11.32 KiB) Viewed 761 times

Fig3: This is useful but you can run it from its own directory.

Screen-4.jpg

Fig4
When you have got the program unzipped and in place, just click on the icon such as in Fig3 and you will get a screen such as in Fig4 above. Once you have got to this screen you have a few options to set and you will be ready to go. Always use Prt Scn key (print screen key) when you need to save a screen. Its that simple. : )

Options

1) Jpeg Compression (This allows you to use the jpeg compression as a default or it will save as simple bmp files)
2) Quality simple sliding scale of 1 - 100%
3) Clip Title Bar (will save the title bar or not as desired)
4) Auto Shutter - This is one of the most useful features as it allows you to set the auto shutter which will take pics thoughout your game at preset intervals.
5) Clipping, allows you to set the size of screen you wish to save by default. I always use 800X600 but you can use what suits you.
6) File name, this allows you to either create a unique file name or just use the default file name.
7) Key assign allows you to assign any key to use to capture screens, I always use Prt Scn key (print screen key) as it is easy to remember and use during a game.

Once you have followed the above instructions you should be able to take as many screens as you wish and see them saved as in the image below:

Screen-5.jpg

Fig5

NOTE: Once you have mastered taking screenshots you can start to use programs, such as paintshop pro or LView to crop and resize them, we will add a new help section on this soon. Hope that you find this at least semi useful ; )

Downloads For Ultima Online Screenshot Utility [ UOSU ]

All CSO Downloads are virus checked and VIRUS FREE. We have BOTH versions of UOSU for download. One has an auto timer for taking screenshots at any intervals you choose [V1.40]. The other needs you to hit Prt Sc or your predetermined key to take the screen.

Download UOSU V1.40 Auto timer for taking screenshots at any intervals you choose:
Download <--------------
UOSU-140-Auto-Shutte.zip
(357.2 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
-------------->

Download UOSU V1.33 For taking screenshots via keyboard [Prt Sc]:
Download <--------------
UOSU-133-No-Auto-Shutter.zip
(355.56 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
-------------->

Download Directory:

UOSU 1.33
http://www.closecombat.org/Downloads/Mi ... hutter.zip

UOSU 1.40 [Auto Timer + Manual Prt Sc]
http://www.closecombat.org/Downloads/Mi ... Shutte.zip

Misc Files Directory:
http://www.closecombat.org/Downloads/in ... s/&order=0

Sulla
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Close Combat Mod & Map Tools Downloads + Guides

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.