UK Writer: WTF Is Wrong With Americans? They Treat Veterans

CSO General Forum for CC and CSO related topics

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

UK Writer: WTF Is Wrong With Americans? They Treat Veterans

Postby Sulla » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:58 pm

UK Writer: WTF Is Wrong With Americans? They Treat Veterans Horribly

I have written a piece about veterans in the US here:

I am writing about veterans, both yours and ours here in the UK. There are major similarities in duties, missions etc…for the two countries, in fact many being interchangeable units on the ground. While the UK’s veterans are not perfectly looked after and there is room for improvement, there is a massive difference in treatment between UK veterans and US veterans.

I will start with the personal experience of a friend; I worked with the USMC, the RAF Regt [Light Infantry] and others while designing simulations. I know a lot of serving and ex service personnel. One of my good friends was a master sergeant in the US Army. He had been in for 22 years and was due out on terminal leave, he had already done several active tours and two tours in Iraq. He volunteered to go for a 3rd tour as he could not let his men and the new guys go out without being there to guide them. He felt he had to go back to look after his men, despite desperately not wanting to go.

While deployed he got shot, hit seven times, bullets broke his rifle in two and even his body armour could not save him 2 months in hospital. He was nearby four IEDs when they went off, luckily in vehicles; he was around the chemical burning pits used to burn chemicals found by the army and disposed of in fire pits. He finished his tour and had pretty severe PTSD, but got on with things; he became a deputy sheriff and settled down to civilian life

To Read the Whole article - Click Here

]http://www.liberalamerica.org/2014/07/10/liberal-englishman-veterans/

Let me know what you think!

Sulla
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: UK Writer: WTF Is Wrong With Americans? They Treat Veter

Postby KG_Werfer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:01 pm

I am not even going to get started on that on Shaun. It all started durin the 'Nam area here with the "gimme" generation. My dad swore by the VA as an example. They did him good, same with the GI Bill, which after WW2, his time as a POW gave him rehabilitation, provided him with a 4y college degree and got him back on his feet from his wartime experience, then the American people were different at that time also, they were all together. All for one and one for all. Not spitting on soldiers as they returned home from honorable service. People who were of no use to anyone, going up to soldiers wounded even and trying to hit them, just because they had served their country.

The VA is a problem and will be now. I myself went one time many years ago. It reminded me of an ER and thank goodness have been fortunate enough to have had good enough insurance over the years for my medical needs. We read of "waiting lists" now in the news? I can picture it from my trip with the "clusterf(^k" I witnessed. Always termed Navy Dr's (when I was in) as sawbones, from the 16-17th century ter and that may be appropriate to the waiting lists now.

If a government cannot take care of it's veterans, how do they expect to get NEW soldiers to enlist? What new lies can they put out to cover this up? How can something, that used to work so well, have gone down so terribly?

Government needs to be totally out of it is my reasoning. Maybe private dr's need to take it over. Somebody does because it's appalling what has happened. I don't even bother to get my medication from them and I could, it's not worth the headache.
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CC_Cathartes » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:21 am

it will need to be the focus of a President's administration or the sincere focus of a cooperating, bi-partisan Congress (which is currently extinct in American politics) to have any hope of fixing.
CC_Cathartes
Obergerfreiter
Obergerfreiter

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Sulla » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:56 am

Cath,

Thats what I find so shocking. As KG said, it used to work so well! Now it seems the only way is to dismantle it and start again.

What would be wrong with ex service men and women staffing it? Not rear echelon but actual real veterans, officers and enlisted. Surely THEY could do a better job than what's there?

So much money goes into it, but it never seems to arrive where its needed?

Whats wrong with putting vets into houses, or giving them both counselling and a chance at education? These men prove over and over, if given a chance they are MORE productive, better employees, better employers than civilians. Its not just criminal to them, its such a waste of talent for the USA.

Instead of producing productive members of society, with a huge amount to offer, you end up with something that is a national shame and grossly unfair, with deeply damaged people, suffering and dying after giving so much to their country! Politics should not come into it. These are your fellow Americans, brothers, cousins, fathers, sisters, etc etc. How is it LET to happen?

As KG said, with his father, both counselling and a chance at education can turn this around so easily. What worked before can surely be rebuilt. I just find it so incredibly sad!

Do you know, since I posted on this site about Rick [2_Mile_Sniper] Spry, only 1 donation has gone to his fund. Since I posted that article which has been widely read, its not received one donation? I just don't understand this!

Shaun
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby KG_Werfer » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:24 pm

What would be wrong with ex service men and women staffing it? Not rear echelon but actual real veterans, officers and enlisted. Surely THEY could do a better job than what's there?

I agree with that, even as far as having ACTIVE DUTY military personnel manning the facilities, as part of their rotation to the US. It would work out and probably be considered a plumb assignment as well.

The negative side, is anytime something is affiliated with government, it is overrun with political cronyism and the current administration has ran that to the max. I don't know how to get rid of the larger issues, that touched off the problems of the VA to begin with. (incompetent leaders) without dealing with political cronyism. Civilian, or preferably being ran by the MILITARY would be one way of going about this, with only Congress allocating funds is a possibility.
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Pz_meyer » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:55 am

lol, States only love you when ur dead, no country wants to be burdened of wounded mil ppl, just my take
Pz_meyer
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Sulla » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:43 pm

CSO_2MileSniper Patton Sound Mod

CSO_2MileSniper Patton Sound Mod Download

Fund Our Rick - HELP - Please HELP RICK

I am trying to raise funds for my husband Rick Spry. Rick Spry served this country for 22 years in the US Army. He did serveral tours over seas in which the last 2 were in Iraq. He was around many IED explosions and in November 2006 was shot by enemy fire 7 times. In June 2008, Rick was finally able to retire from the Army. He spent a year at home, helping the community through wood cutting at Mountain Valley Church. He was fianlly able to spend some time to himself and with his family and friends and deal with PTSD (post tramatic stress disorder). He then, decided he would love to persue his new career in Law Enforcement. He got on with Chaffee County Sherriffs Office as a Deputy in April 2009. He was finally enjoying life again. He is adored by all who he worked for and with both in the Army and as a Deputy. In April 2010, Rick suffered a Massive Stroke. This was a real tragedy for his whole family and friends. The stroke paralyzed him on his right side and he suffers from aphasia. We live in his dream home in the mountain area of Howard, Colorado. We have 5 acres and it is very hard for him to go outside and enjoy it without a mobil wheel chair that will help him go through the dirt and gravel. Rick was an avid Hunter, loved to fish, and loved to do outdoor activities with his 2 sons. An Action Track Chair that we are seeking funds for would bring happiness to Rick again and would make his hobbies and life full again. It would also help giving him more interaction with his 2 sons. Thanks for your Support The SPRY Family. Myra Spry

20 months ago
HELLO MY NAME IS JESSE THOMAS. I WAS ONE OF HIS SOLDIERS DURING HIS LAST DEPLOYMENT. I NOW AM OUT THE ARMY MEDICALLY RETIRED. I OWN A SEMI PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM CALLED THE COLORADO SPRINGS VETERANS. OUR WEBSITE IS AS FOLLOWS. COSVETERANSFOOTBALL.COM. I WOULD LOVE TO HELP IN ANY KIND OF WAY. IF YOU CAN REPLY BACK FAST ENOUGH. I CAN HELP RAISE THE FUNDS I AM HOSTING THE FIRST EVER VETERANS BOWL NEXT WEEKEND. AGAINST THE STATE OF COLORADOS ALL STAR TEAM CALLED TEAM COLORADO. 6092713135 www.cosveteransfootball.com

S

Art Of Combat - Forums[TAOC] - The Next Generation Tactical Simulation - Taking over where CC Left Off Coming Soon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TACKOM LTD - Developer of Art of Combat - Website
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nec amicus officium nec hostis iniuriam mihi intulit, quo in toto non reddidi. - Sulla
No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy - Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix
sulla@closecombat.org
Skype - imperator_sulla
Games I Have Worked On .....

Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to CSO CC Discussion Forums

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.