Total CC noobie with an easy question

CSO General Forum for CC and CSO related topics

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Total CC noobie with an easy question

Postby acctingman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Hello!

So, I have a quick question.

I've been trying to play Men of War Assault Squad and I HATE the editor and I really do not like the game play. My question is this....

Do the CC series of games have an editor to make your own battles?

I see there is an active modding community.....are there mods that cover all theaters of WW2? I see that this series is strictly covers the European theater, but are there mods for North Africa? the Pacific war? Eastern war vs Russia?

Thank you!
acctingman

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Total CC noobie with an easy question

Postby ReconScout » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 pm

I like to play CC3-COI. There are plenty of mods that cover what you are looking for and CC3 is easy to make your own battles. The other CC games also have plenty of mods but I find CC3 the easiest for me to make my own battles. Hope this helps you.
ReconScout
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby acctingman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:20 am

CC3 isn't compatible with W8 :(
acctingman

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Antony_nz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:57 am

What CC do you have?

Making maps in CC can be difficult. There has never been a user friendly map editor. Maybe one day

To answer your question, yes. There are countless mods for Close Combat. Involving all those theaters you mentioned.
Antony_nz

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby KG_Werfer » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Yep :D Plenty of mods for about any theatre of WW2 I can think of, except for maybe the Aleutian Islands..

Like Anthony posted above. CC3 and CC5 both have PLENTY of mods covering the Eastern front, Europe, Desert warfare, even a Pacific mod.
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Sulla » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:16 am

CC will work on Win8 but NOT 8.1.

Not sure about 10, I did not keep it on pc long enough to try CC lol.

- S
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Sulla » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:27 am

OR,

You could use a virtual machine:

VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2. See "About VirtualBox" for an introduction.

Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Solaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4, 2.6 and 3.x), Solaris and OpenSolaris, OS/2, and OpenBSD.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

DOSBox
DOSBox is an x86 emulator with a built-in DOS. It was created primarily to run DOS games. It emulates a 286/386 in real and protected modes, XMS/EMS, a graphics card (VGA/EGA/CGA/VESA/Hercules/Tandy), SoundBlaster/Gravis Ultra sound card, etc. You can apparently even run the old 16-bit Windows 3.1 in the emulator. Host operating systems (ie, platforms on which you can run the DOSBox emulator) include Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, BeOS, FreeBSD, MorphOS and Amiga68k.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

VMWare
Or this, which is very slick, used to be free and now costs about $100

https://www.vmware.com/products/player

These allow Win95/winXP emulations to run, allowing the games to run. Can be hit and miss, but usually works!

- S
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to CSO CC Discussion Forums

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.