Editing weapon values? How to?

CC Mod and Map Makers Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Re: Editing weapon values? How to?

Postby Therion » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm

Thanks for the info :) .

It seems to enchance their survivability a bit.

BTW.
I tried to create a Power-Armoured infantry with armour being an equivalent of 25mm of RHS.
The problem is that they get killed by AK-47 fire.
I tried boosting it to 100mm but they still get killed with small arms fire.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
"With sword and spear destroy the violent criminals. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the violent criminals. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the violent criminals to the sand. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with virus-charge and thermal mines!
Kill them! Kill them! Kill them all!"

My DA gallery
Therion
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Senior Drill wrote:Numbers are equivalent of mm steel of RHA

Helmet = 5
PASGT Vest = 3
Outer Tactical Vest (OVT) = 9
OVT + SA Protective inserts = 12

Deltoid and Axillary Protection for arms = 8, but that is only in CCMAT

Thanks for this info -
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Therion » Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 pm

Hmm...
I'm trying to get Abrams to use AP ammo. I added AP stats with KR higher than HEAT, but it doesn't use it and uses HEAT instead.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.
"With sword and spear destroy the violent criminals. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the violent criminals. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the violent criminals to the sand. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with virus-charge and thermal mines!

My DA gallery
Therion
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby ArmeeGruppeSud » Sat May 03, 2008 11:40 am

Therion wrote:Hmm...
I'm trying to get Abrams to use AP ammo. I added AP stats with KR higher than HEAT, but it doesn't use it and uses HEAT instead.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.

The probable reason then cannot be because the HEAT ammunition (HT) has a higher KILL RATING (armour pentration) than the ARMOUR PIERCING ammunition (AP).

In CC3 the 88mm Flak will always use its HEAT ammo (165mm KILL RATING) at any range over its AP ammo which only has a KILL RATING of 127mm at POINT BLANK range.
Maybe it could be because of the BLAST RATING.
The CC3 88mm Flak's HEAT ammo has double the BLAST RATING of the ARMOUR PIERCING ammunition.

HEAT ammunition usually has the same KILL RATING (armour pentration) at any range.

Hyperthetically if KR determined usage:
If you had a KILL RATING of 150mm for your HEAT ammunition at all ranges, then had your KILL RATING for the ARMOUR PIERCING ammunition being 180mm at POINT BLANK range, 160mm at CLOSE RANGE, 140mm at MEDIUM RANGE, and 120mm at LONG RANGE, then your tank would use AP at POINT BLANK and CLOSE RANGE but use HEAT ammunition at MEDIUM RANGE, and LONG RANGE, theoretically.

So matbe it could be because of the BLAST RATING.

Otherwise CC is programmed to always use HEAT over AP no matter what the stats.

Wonder if it will choose SP over HT?

Hmmm, maybe i should run some tests.

Here is a test you could run:
Make all values exactly the same for AP, HT and SP, and see what it chooses........

run enough tests and you can work most things out

Recently ran some more tests on INTEGRITY of CC3 vehicles and still have no conclusive understanding on its practical value/impact :(
The DOF2 mod's plugin download is back up.

You can download the Der Ost Front 2 mod (22.90 MB) at the top of this page (DOF Version 2 MAIN)

You can also now download the DOF2 MAPPACK (762.11 MB) on this page
May we meet for D\- Image D#c% at
the restaurant at the end of the universe
ArmeeGruppeSud

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby squadleader_id » Sat May 03, 2008 12:46 pm

IIRC Anzac_L4W discovered this...in CC5 if you change the Type column (teams.adb files) of the 88cm Flak from "Gun Heavy Flak" (18) to "Gun Heavy AT" (21)...the crew will load AP as default when ambushing/defending. If set as Heavy Flak (default game setting) then the crew will load HE as default.
Should work in CC3 as well...dunno about CCMT tho'.
squadleader_id
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Therion » Sat May 03, 2008 1:33 pm

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote:The probable reason then cannot be because the HEAT ammunition (HT) has a higher KILL RATING (armour pentration) than the ARMOUR PIERCING ammunition (AP).

In CC3 the 88mm Flak will always use its HEAT ammo (165mm KILL RATING) at any range over its AP ammo which only has a KILL RATING of 127mm at POINT BLANK range.

The KR of HT ammo is 475 and the PB KR of AP ammo is 790, while the long KR of AP ammo is 500. So, the KR of AP is higher on all ranges.

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote:Wonder if it will choose SP over HT?

I'll try SP, then.

My DA gallery
Therion
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Therion » Sat May 03, 2008 1:47 pm

It doesn't help anything - the game chooses HT and ignores other, superior ammo types.

Patch, plz?

My DA gallery
Therion
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby ArmeeGruppeSud » Sun May 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Therion wrote:It doesn't help anything - the game chooses HT and ignores other, superior ammo types.
tested an 88FlaK with ALL data the same for AP, HE, HT and SP.
Gave the 88FlaK only 5 rounds of each type
The 88FlaK used them up in this order; AP, HE, HT, SP.

Then I made the BlastRating slightly higher for HT and it began picking HT before AP, HE and SP for shooting at tanks (most of the time).

limited testing was done, but so far it indicated that the CC3engine will pick HT if it has higher BR. Dont know about CCMT
The DOF2 mod's plugin download is back up.

You can download the Der Ost Front 2 mod (22.90 MB) at the top of this page (DOF Version 2 MAIN)

You can also now download the DOF2 MAPPACK (762.11 MB) on this page
May we meet for D\- Image D#c% at
the restaurant at the end of the universe
ArmeeGruppeSud

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:14 pm

Therion wrote:Here is a data workbook - it's an excel spreadsheet that allows editing CCMT data.
After editing, you need to copy the data txt files in data\base\
There's a weapon and vehicle modding tutorial that explains what most of the data means at Close Combat Junkies.

If you don't have Ms Excel, you can use a freeware program called Open Office.

Can I have this expalined to me one more time - After I editing the "excel spreadsheet" file...(changing / tweaking / adding some units, etc). How do I go about inserting these changes into my CCMT game?

I need to convert this excel spreadsheet into a txt. file?
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:41 am

Meade, first off go to your CCMT\Data\Base file. Create a new folder and name it Originals, or Backups, or something. Copy the files in the Data\Base folder and paste them to the new backup folder. You now have a copy of the originals that you can use if one of your modded files f's up.

Go back to the Data\Base folder and right click on each of the relevent files and select Open With, then Choose Program. From the Open With window that opens, select MS Excel or Open Office or what ever you are using for an editor. This opens the tab delimited text files as spreadsheets rather than documents like Notepad would show.

Then open your speadsheet application and the file that has your modded data. In one of the worksheets, highlight the range of cells that contain JUST THE DATA. Not the headers, not the calulation cells. Just the data. Right click on that and select COPY.

Then go to the appropriate Data\Base *.txt file you just opened as a speadsheet. Place your curson in the first data cell (A2, not A1, which is the line count number) and paste the data in. Change the Cell A1 line count number as appropriate. (Which will be one number more than the data's Index Columns highest number - the lines are indexed from 0, but the game starts counting from 1, so the range 0 to 127 = 128 lines of data.)

Then save the file as a Text (Tab Delimited) .txt file. Accept any and all nag warnings.

And that's it. You're done.

If you have trouble figuring out how to save as a Tab Delimited .txt file, please point out to us the type and version number of the speadsheet application that you are using so we can be more specific.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 am

Senior Drill wrote:Meade, first off go to your CCMT\Data\Base file. Create a new folder and name it Originals, or Backups, or something. Copy the files in the Data\Base folder and paste them to the new backup folder. You now have a copy of the originals that you can use if one of your modded files f's up.

Go back to the Data\Base folder and right click on each of the relevent files and select Open With, then Choose Program. From the Open With window that opens, select MS Excel or Open Office or what ever you are using for an editor. This opens the tab delimited text files as spreadsheets rather than documents like Notepad would show.

Then open your speadsheet application and the file that has your modded data. In one of the worksheets, highlight the range of cells that contain JUST THE DATA. Not the headers, not the calulation cells. Just the data. Right click on that and select COPY.

Then go to the appropriate Data\Base *.txt file you just opened as a speadsheet. Place your curson in the first data cell (A2, not A1, which is the line count number) and paste the data in. Change the Cell A1 line count number as appropriate. (Which will be one number more than the data's Index Columns highest number - the lines are indexed from 0, but the game starts counting from 1, so the range 0 to 127 = 128 lines of data.)

Then save the file as a Text (Tab Delimited) .txt file. Accept any and all nag warnings.

If you have trouble figuring out how to save as a Tab Delimited .txt file, please point out to us the type and version number of the speadsheet application that you are using so we can be more specific.

Thank you very much! - This was an excellent explanation, I should have very little trouble now - Thanks again -
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby salhexe » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Senior Drill wrote:The explanation from The Blood!, who has access to the CC code, wrote the following explanation that allowed me to make the initial calculators in the workbooks that were improved upon by Tejszd and KWP.

Yes, but what is the relationship or the formula for the ammo count in alsteams / geteams (the total ammo carried by the team)?
and if I wanted to have a lesser or greater ammunition? :confused:
:)
salhexe
Stabsfeldwebel
Stabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Salhexe, I wouldn't get too worried about the ammo count columns in the Teams and Soldiers files. Modders didn't even know they existed, let alone had any explaination of how the figure is calculated until a year or two ago. The vast majority of mods made for CC4 and CC5 never changed those numbers because the column didn't show correctly in Sgt Wilson's original QClones, yet the mods work just fine.

The Blood! said that they did not have any effect, but there has been speculation that the game engine does use them to determine when a team will start to conserve ammo. Even that hypothesis hasn't had a validated proof generated.

Just give your teams the amount of ammo you think they should have and if they start bogarting rounds too soon, throw a couple more clips on to one or two weapons types.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby salhexe » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:34 am

Thx for reply,

I say this because for example,
a sniper starting usually with 40 strokes, wanting to halve the blows, 2 share for the primary AP and the total recalculation according to the formula, but always remain the same, ie 1 + (* round clip 5 x number clip 6 ) / 1 round burst = 31.
Changing the number of clips and the total, the sniper ever with 40 strokes %\
:)
salhexe
Stabsfeldwebel
Stabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:59 am

Senior Drill wrote:Meade, first off go to your CCMT\Data\Base file. Create a new folder and name it Originals, or Backups, or something. Copy the files in the Data\Base folder and paste them to the new backup folder. You now have a copy of the originals that you can use if one of your modded files f's up.

I've done exactly this (with full success regarding Blue Teams, Red teams and weapons)....but I keep getting a "invalid number of entries in flie / CCMT/ DB/Base/ Soldiers.txt".... File?

I cannot figure this out? Why it is happening...
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Previous

Return to Mod And Map Making Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.