Editing weapon values? How to?

CC Mod and Map Makers Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Re: Editing weapon values? How to?

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:24 pm

If you look in the header, it says 'range 0+'...like Therion says, that means anything that is not less than zero. Someone could make a supersoldier with ridiculous values if they absolutely had to.
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Therion » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:52 pm

Or Power Armored infantry like I did in my Wunderwaffe 2050 mod :) .
"With sword and spear destroy the violent criminals. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the violent criminals. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the violent criminals to the sand. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with virus-charge and thermal mines!
Kill them! Kill them! Kill them all!"

My DA gallery
Therion
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:58 pm

Going back a few posts, you do not need QClone for CCMT. QClone is only needed to convert CC4 and CC5 .adb files to .txt files and repack them. CCMT uses .txt files.

The head and body armor numbers are in millimeters of RHA steel. In other words a helmet will stop any weapon's fire that can not penetrate 5mm of steel, which is a fist and maybe a rock. Everything else in the Weapons.txt file can.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:41 am

Therion wrote:Well, anything that isn't less than zero. It's even possible to make a fully armoured infantry by making probability of hitting the armoured location 511.

Can you elaborate on this somewhat for me. I'm new to CC....and I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around it....

What does the 511 represent?

How for example would I mod a soldier to simply have a better class of body armor than what is average (per say).

Thanks.
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:05 am

Forget about that. He's got things confused. The probability to hit the head or body armor uses the Chance128 table, not the Chance512 table where 100% = 128, not 511.

To increase the head or body armor you have to decide how many millimeters of RHA steel it is equivalent to. If you what it to stop a 9mm, look at the penetration of RHA a 9mm has at Point Blank range in the Weapons.txt file and make the Body Armor 1 greater. If you what it to stop a 7.62mm from long range, again, check the weapons.txt file for that.

Keep it realistic, though. The original CC3 files had an Ivan and Steiner with 300 for both values and it took an 88 in the chest to even slow them down. Sometimes fun to play with, but total fantasy.

Note that the columns in the Soldiers.txt file relate to the weapon carried by the individual team members in the BlueTeams and RedTeams files.
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Therion » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:51 am

Hmm...
I thought that body armor only covers chest?
"With sword and spear destroy the violent criminals. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the violent criminals. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the violent criminals to the sand. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with virus-charge and thermal mines!
Kill them! Kill them! Kill them all!"

My DA gallery
Therion
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:51 pm

It is interesting to me....that it seems you can't just adjut the "body armor" rating (within the soldiers tab) up.....(standard seems like = 3). Meaning, if one were to simply bump the "body armor" rating to = 8.....(would this, or would this not technically increase said soldiers body armor??).
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Yes it would, because as Drill mentioned, that soldier would now have the equivalent of 8mm of RHA protecting them rather and 3mm
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:32 pm

CSO_Linebacker wrote:Yes it would, because as Drill mentioned, that soldier would now have the equivalent of 8mm of RHA protecting them rather and 3mm

Oh - Ok, thanks - That seems easier to me (in understanding it)...then how it was described above (though I'm sure how Drill layed it out is technically even more correct).......Being new to CC, the whole "chance tables" along with looking up weapons data RHA ratings.....was slightly more complicated (because I'm newer).

Than simply thinking....if body armor = 3....and I want to increase it, raising it to 8 or 10 would accomplish this.

Another question - Just curious, why does CCMT start out with everyone having the same class body armor? In that no matter the solider (from all nations) they all seem to have the same body armor rating of 3...and the same head armor of 5.

It seems that U.S. Forces (to a degree) would have better armor than a number of other forces ......(especially if CCMT has some scenario's Vs Iraqis for example).
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:45 pm

Also can I ask - Or can it be explained to me - When it says within the soldiers tab - "to hit body" (chance to hit armor for area 2. Range = 0-128) - If one was to tweak this, in order for a solider to be less vulnerable (more protected)....which way we you adjust it?

Currently this value = 109

Thanks
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:02 pm

Another Question -

Is there a walk-thru or tutorial about how to go about making "new teams" for CCMT?

Is it something you can do right from the CCMT data worksheet?

Thanks
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:14 pm

meade95 wrote:Also can I ask - Or can it be explained to me - When it says within the soldiers tab - "to hit body" (chance to hit armor for area 2. Range = 0-128) - If one was to tweak this, in order for a solider to be less vulnerable (more protected)....which way we you adjust it?

Currently this value = 109

Thanks

If you want to make it harder for the soldier to be hit in the Body (your example), you would make the number smaller. Reading the Chance128 Table, a value of 109 means that there is an 85% chance that a soldier would be hit in the body.

So let's say that you want to reduce the chance of a body hit to 75%. From the table, you can see that you must reduce that number to 96.

REMEMBER: If you decrease the chance to hit the body, you must increase the chance to hit the head. The two columns should need to add up to 128. Why? Because if a soldier is going to get hit, it is going to be in the head or body...no other options. So by decreasing the chance to hit the body, and increasing the chance to hit the head, you are increasing the chances that you soldier will be killed or incapacitated (a headshot is more likely to kill or incapacitate a soldier than a body shot)

Hope that helps
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:49 pm

CSO_Linebacker wrote:If you want to make it harder for the soldier to be hit in the Body (your example), you would make the number smaller. Reading the Chance128 Table, a value of 109 means that there is an 85% chance that a soldier would be hit in the body.

So let's say that you want to reduce the chance of a body hit to 75%. From the table, you can see that you must reduce that number to 96.

REMEMBER: If you decrease the chance to hit the body, you must increase the chance to hit the head. The two columns should need to add up to 128. Why? Because if a soldier is going to get hit, it is going to be in the head or body...no other options. So by decreasing the chance to hit the body, and increasing the chance to hit the head, you are increasing the chances that you soldier will be killed or incapacitated (a headshot is more likely to kill or incapacitate a soldier than a body shot)

Hope that helps

Explains it perfectly - Thank you!

So the best option to make a certain type of solider less likely to be killed is to increase their body armor / head armor......(NOT to tweak or adjust the "to hit body" value).

Weapon accuracy is likely largely related to the level of experince (of said soldiers or team) correct? From 0-5 (Green to Elite).
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:31 pm

meade95 wrote:Explains it perfectly - Thank you!

So the best option to make a certain type of solider less likely to be killed is to increase their body armor / head armor......(NOT to tweak or adjust the "to hit body" value).

Weapon accuracy is likely largely related to the level of experince (of said soldiers or team) correct? From 0-5 (Green to Elite).

You got it.
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:17 pm

Remember that there are a lot of other factors involved in whether a soldier will be hit or not. The terrain he is in can provide protection and lower the chance he will be hit. The experience and moral of the shooter, the accuracy of the weapon, and the probability of whether or not the hit is a killing hit or wounding hit.

Trooper X could be standing buck naked next to armored Starship Trooper Y and survive the volley, while Trooper Y takes one in the eye. Luck happens.

We looked at increasing US body armor to reflect PASGT vests, OVT with SA inserts and Deltoid and Axillery add ons. They become real hard to drop and it throws the game balance way too far in the US favor. So the decision was made, by me, to level the playing field.

Adding a new team is not that hard to do. Take a team that is similar to what you want to make and copy that to the bottom of the *Team file. Increase the Class number by one and the number at the top left of the file by one. Put it at the bottom, do not insert it into the list or you will throw off all of the pre-made scenarios.

In the Soldier List columns, set the weapon and armor each has with the index number from the Soldier.txt file. In the Soldier Type columns, set the type of soldier each is.

If you want a soldier to carry a weapon that is not in the list, you need to create it in the Weapons.txt file, and Soldiers file.

Double check all the columns and then copy the data to the game files. Bada boom.
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

PreviousNext

Return to Mod And Map Making Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.