Editing weapon values? How to?

CC Mod and Map Makers Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Re: Editing weapon values? How to?

Postby meade95 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:33 am

Senior Drill wrote:Remember that there are a lot of other factors involved in whether a soldier will be hit or not. The terrain he is in can provide protection and lower the chance he will be hit. The experience and moral of the shooter, the accuracy of the weapon, and the probability of whether or not the hit is a killing hit or wounding hit.

Trooper X could be standing buck naked next to armored Starship Trooper Y and survive the volley, while Trooper Y takes one in the eye. Luck happens.

We looked at increasing US body armor to reflect PASGT vests, OVT with SA inserts and Deltoid and Axillery add ons. They become real hard to drop and it throws the game balance way too far in the US favor. So the decision was made, by me, to level the playing field.

Adding a new team is not that hard to do. Take a team that is similar to what you want to make and copy that to the bottom of the *Team file. Increase the Class number by one and the number at the top left of the file by one. Put it at the bottom, do not insert it into the list or you will throw off all of the pre-made scenarios.

In the Soldier List columns, set the weapon and armor each has with the index number from the Soldier.txt file. In the Soldier Type columns, set the type of soldier each is.

If you want a soldier to carry a weapon that is not in the list, you need to create it in the Weapons.txt file, and Soldiers file.

Double check all the columns and then copy the data to the game files. Bada boom.

Thank you very much - Very helpful -

One more question - To add in a Solider Type - Can I cut and copy a similar Solider. Can I simply cut and copy a certain solider (within the soldier DB)....Tweak the copied soldier field where I see fit....and then place this at the bottom of the soldier DB (like I did above for teams).

While also adding +1 to the top left ?
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:03 am

That is the best way to do it.

MAKE SURE that you only copy and paste up to column AM (Ammo Count) so as not to mess up the formulas that are in the additional columns

Forgetting to add '1' to the to cell A4 whenever I added something new was a common problem for me. You have to do this, or the game goes boom
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:11 am

CSO_Linebacker wrote:That is the best way to do it.

MAKE SURE that you only copy and paste up to column AM (Ammo Count) so as not to mess up the formulas that are in the additional columns

Forgetting to add '1' to the to cell A4 whenever I added something new was a common problem for me. You have to do this, or the game goes boom

Ok - Got it!

Does this hold true for when I "copy" Teams as well? When looking to create a new team -

I've noticed in the two teams I've made....In the yellow/pink highlighted area...Those two teams I've created have #N/A across those formula fields???

That doesn't appear right to me...(now that I look at it).
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:27 am

As far as I know yes. 4 of the sheets have formulas at the end that you do not want to include in your copy and paste:

Blueteams
Redteams
Vehicles
Soldiers
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:36 am

CSO_Linebacker wrote:As far as I know yes. 4 of the sheets have formulas at the end that you do not want to include in your copy and paste:

Blueteams
Redteams
Vehicles
Soldiers

Ok (thanks again).

So for creating new "teams"....It is likely you should only copy up until the field value of "CP" (within the excel worksheet).
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:19 am

Exactly!
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:24 am

Is there a value error - I notice with the M249 - It shows rounds per clip at 100 (burts 4 per fire). In the weapon DB.

Yet in the soldier DB. A soldier carrying the M249 (10) - Shows him carrying 5 ammo clips.....But his total ammo only shows 138?? (perhaps I'm missing something).
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Linebacker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:03 am

Scroll over to that formula section and it explains exactly how that 'Total Ammo' is calculated.

For the M249 soldier, it is basically this:

5 clips x 100 rounds per clip = 500

500 divided by 4 (number of rounds per burst) = 125

No secondary weapon

Grenades (3) X Rounds per burst (1) x 3 = 12

+1

125 + 12 + 1 = 138

Don't ask me why...that's just the formula
CSO_Linebacker
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:17 am

CSO_Linebacker wrote:Scroll over to that formula section and it explains exactly how that 'Total Ammo' is calculated.

For the M249 soldier, it is basically this:

5 clips x 100 rounds per clip = 500

500 divided by 4 (number of rounds per burst) = 125

No secondary weapon

Grenades (3) X Rounds per burst (1) x 3 = 12

+1

125 + 12 + 1 = 138

Don't ask me why...that's just the formula

Perfect - Thanks for the explanation - Thanks for all the help -
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:59 am

The explanation from The Blood!, who has access to the CC code, wrote the following explanation that allowed me to make the initial calculators in the workbooks that were improved upon by Tejszd and KWP.

Ammo Count column explaination.
For a soldiers, Start with a value of 1 and then total up the number of 'shots' he can fire with each weapon (shots = clips * rounds per clip / rounds per burst), modified as follows:

* Smoke ammo does not count.
* Multiply crewed weapon 'shots' by 20.
* Multiply grenade weapon 'shots' by 3.
* Multiply secondary weapon shots by 1/3 (i.e. divide by 3).
* Multiply mortar shots by 2.

So for a soldier with 8 clips of 30 rounds for an M16, 4 frag and 2 smoke grenades, the ammo count is 1 + (8 * 30 / 1) + (4 * 3) + (0 * 2) = 253.

For vehicles the ammo count is 1 + the sum of all the 'shots' as defined above (except for dividing by 3 for secondary weapons) of all ammo types for all weapons on the vehicle, modified as follows:

* Smoke ammo does not count.
* Multiply shots for the 'best gun' weapon on the vehicle by 50.

So the LAV-25 with 2 x smoke dischargers (16 x 0), 1 x 25mm Cannon w/ (3 x 150 / 6 * 50), and 2 x M240G MMG (9 * 160 / 6) = 1 + 3750 + 240 = 3991
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Nomada_Firefox » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:36 am

What can happen if you do not put the correct total ammo?
"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).
Nomada_Firefox

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:58 am

Not a lot. If it is too high, the team will shoot itself dry a little quicker, if too low, they will start to conserve ammo a little sooner.

But remember, those columns existed in CC4 and CC5 and QClone never showed them. Every mod made prior to the workbooks worked using original values or wrong values.

The Blood! insists that the columns are used by the .exe, but the effect has been barely noticable.
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Nomada_Firefox » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm

But remember, those columns existed in CC4 and CC5 and QClone never showed them. Every mod made prior to the workbooks worked using original values or wrong values.

Yes I see, they are the last columns, I know that they had some relationated with ammo but I never know how change them well.

I will test it.
"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).
Nomada_Firefox

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Therion » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Senior Drill wrote:We looked at increasing US body armor to reflect PASGT vests, OVT with SA inserts and Deltoid and Axillery add ons. They become real hard to drop and it throws the game balance way too far in the US favor. So the decision was made, by me, to level the playing field.

Hmmm...
What armour values would reflect the such armour?
"With sword and spear destroy the violent criminals. With cannon shot and gun blast smash the violent criminals. With laser beam and searing plasma scatter the violent criminals to the sand. With tooth and fist and hammer blows, with axe and shell and poison-bombs, with virus-charge and thermal mines!
Kill them! Kill them! Kill them all!"

My DA gallery
Therion
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:03 am

Numbers are equivalent of mm steel of RHA

Helmet = 5
PASGT Vest = 3
Outer Tactical Vest (OVT) = 9
OVT + SA Protective inserts = 12

Deltoid and Axillary Protection for arms = 8, but that is only in CCMAT
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

PreviousNext

Return to Mod And Map Making Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.