Hello to all,

in sequence to this thread here:
http://closecombatonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14310

A new version fixing the reported bugs is now available for
download, 11.3 MB ZIP
http://www.ftf.claranet.de/5CC.zip

This is new:

Preferences / General:
Set internal color-depth to 16-bit or 32-bit. Setting to 32-bit is recommended for machines running Win98-WinXP or newer in case the "Undo" command will produce white rectangles of size 200x200 pixels when making tree shadow patch placing undone. For MacOS, 16-bit color depth can be used without problems. The selected internal color-depth will have no effect upon the resulting CC files. These files will be always saved as 16-bit graphics.

Preferences / Layer:
On Win98-WinXP PCs the program will have under certain circumstances problems to identify the colors "White" and "Black" of tree shadow patch graphics correctly. You can determine in this section of the window "Preferences" the "tolerance for recognizing the colors" "White" and "Black". I recommend to set this tolerance value on PCs to "16". Otherwise some black pixels of the tree shadow patch graphic might not be recognized as "shadow" but as "trunk". If the internal color-depth of 5CC is set to 16-bit, such a correction of the tolerance might be necessary also for the color "White". On MacOs computers these corrections are of course not necessary.

New to the windows "Editing map meta-comments" and "Editing terrain element files":
The command "Edit>Select all" will mark all rows of the entire listbox as "selected" within the windows "Editing external Terrain-Element files" and "Map meta-comments". The command "Edit>Select all with header" will prefix the listboxes' header as additional line when using the command "Edit>Copy" later on these listboxes. A subsequent command "Edit>Copy" or "Edit>Cut" after "selecting all" on these listboxes will copy the entire contents of the selected listbox as plain text (columns TAB-char separated, lines terminated by CR+LF (PC) or CR-only (Mac)) to the clipboard.

A contextual popupmenu has been added, offering the same commands like the menubar's item "Edit". The contextual popupmenu will show up when using right-mouse click / Ctrl-mouse click. The command "Edit>Select all" will mark all rows of the entire listbox as "selected". The command "Edit>Select all with header" will prefix the listboxes' header as additional line when using the command "Edit>Copy" later on the listbox. A subsequent command "Edit>Copy" or "Edit>Cut" after "selecting all" on the listbox will copy the entire contents of the selected listbox as plain text (columns TAB-char separated, lines terminated by CR+LF (PC) or CR-only (Mac)) to the clipboard.

New to window "Map Editor":
Contextual popupmenu extende by the command "Undo", and now also available for elevation-editing. Right-mouse click in roof editing mode will bring the popup menu to front containing the commands of the menubar item "Edit" (for example the command "Edit>Define Roof") and easy access to the window "Roof informations". If available, the popup menu will give you also access to the "Edit>Undo" command.

Thanks for all the bug reports!

Cheers
Mafi
"Don't be too proud of the new high-tech-terror you just have invented!" (Darth Vader, Episode IV)
Mafi

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: new version online: 5CC v1.09

Postby Tejszd » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:02 am

Mafi,

Thank you for all the work you do on your CC tools for the community!!!!
Tejszd
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Thanks Mafi! I've just now got a chance to check this out. Will report back with comments. Thanks again!
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Mafi I've been using this version of 5CC. Lots of great new features!

A question about tree elements / shadows.

Is it possible to add to 5CC the capability of reading in tree elements and automatically adding a corresponding tree shadow (provided the appropriate library is loaded) without having to re-plant each and every single tree?

BACKGROUND

I added 50 or so trees to a map. Roughly 1/3 of all the trees on the map. All the shadows showed up as expected when I turned on the shadow layer. I had to quit the program and did so without saving a the tree shadow layer. I went back to work on it some more and the shadows were gone with no way to retrieve them. As I asked above, is there any way 5CC can automatically read them in so you can add a shadow layer?

Another/same application of this feature, if you were to add it, would be, is a situation where a map was already coded with trees but no shadows had been saved or added. Otherwise you'd have to recode every single tree to get the tree shadows to show up where trees were coded in order to save the shadow layer. Would be nice if the program could do this automatically do this for the user.

What an ungrateful bastard I am, eh? LOL I feel bad asking for this when you've created such a wonderful program to begin with. I guess the best way to look at it is it's the natural progression of programs, right?

Let me know if it's possible to add this. Thanks!
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Mafi » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:39 am

Hi Jim,

I understand the problem. I have had the same one when forgotten to save the shadow/trunk layers. Or when accidentally deleting these files on the HD.

The actual concept is:
- object planting together with data placement: map-terrain data will be pasted into the map's data stream, will be saved to map's data file. Solid color placement will be pasted to a seperate layer which has no corresponding file in CC-file structure, so it will be written to a TGA file. Shadow color (= black) placement will be pasted to another separate layer whioch has also no corresponding CC-file, and will be also written to a TGA file.

- when the user saves (or save as...) all the files changed will be written to HD (also the solid color and shadow color layers to TGA).

- when the user reloads the map, these TGA files will be identified by their name AND their location in the same folder where the BGM file of the map resides (I hope so).

- so if you move the files around, 5CC will not find them. In this case you can import them via the "File>Add>..." (not "File>Import>...").

- so you mus ensure to save your work, and before terminating 5CC or loading another map, please look into the "Explorer" that you have saved the layers's TGAs.

- Save OFTEN, save different steps of your work, espacially on large maps, to go back to prevoius stages.

It is possible to use other concepts in 5CC (Export all layers combined in one BGM), but I prefer the one shown above. A connection to a library requires much more data overhead. In this case we would need a "project file" for every map. Possible.

I know taht at the point where you was left off, you have only the chance to "repaint" the shadows. Not possible to have it automatically, because the user must decide which shadow to use to avoid boring maps with always the same shadow. I know (and experienced it by myself as well): hard work to "replant" 500 trees.

Thanks a lot Jim for your report. And sorry, there is no other way than to save and keep the saved files for further use.

Cheers

Mafi
"Don't be too proud of the new high-tech-terror you just have invented!" (Darth Vader, Episode IV)
Mafi

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby JimRM2 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Ok good enough. Will plan for this when using the program in the future. I just need keep the process of using 5CC in mind when I'm coding.

What you've created is absolutely amazing and it's great to have such a useful, powerful tool to make maps with. Thanks again!!!
JimRM2

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Mod And Map Making Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.