Veteran / Elite troops (breakdown to quickly)

CC Mod and Map Makers Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Veteran / Elite troops (breakdown to quickly)

Postby meade95 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:50 pm

veteran / elite (5 rated) teams......What exactly are their performance enhancements? Do they fatigue less? Do they shoot better? etc, etc?

ALSO - I would ask for Matrix to take a serious look at making "elite" soliders (those rated a 5 in both categories) to be much less likely to "break down in battle"......as this happens MUCH, MUCH too often for such an elite type of solider.

When using 5 rated units (elite) we should be able to expect much (at least quite a bit more) out of them - As is, they breakdown during battle much to easily.....(cowering, hiding, etc, etc).
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Veteran / Elite troops (breakdown to quickly)

Postby meade95 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Is there any areas / values (other than morale and experience) that can influence this happening (and help DECREASE it)?? Within the txt. files in the maind data base??
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby normski- » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:48 am

Go in to the soldier file using QClone. You can alter the armour values to make soldiers weaker or tougher. Adjusting their chance to hit alters their behaviour under fire. Adjusting their weight makes them faster or slower. You can make elite squads which are more to your taste. Or you can create entire squads of supermen if you want to go extreme.

CC3 had supermen embedded in the soldier file data aka Steiner and Ivan. These characters had enormous armour values and carried huge amounts of weaponry. They were presumably put there as a test feature and left in either as an oversight or as a joke.
"We, who are as good as you, swear to you, who are no better than us, to accept you as our king and sovereign lord, provided you observe all our liberties and laws - but if not, not."
Medieval Catalan oath of fealty to the kings of Aragon

Docker from Le Havre, before you stands
A docker from Bremen,
Kill him, kill and kill, kill each other
Worker, set to work.
Marcel Martinet, July 1914
normski-
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby meade95 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:40 pm

normski- wrote:Go in to the soldier file using QClone. You can alter the armour values to make soldiers weaker or tougher. Adjusting their chance to hit alters their behaviour under fire. Adjusting their weight makes them faster or slower. You can make elite squads which are more to your taste. Or you can create entire squads of supermen if you want to go extreme.

CC3 had supermen embedded in the soldier file data aka Steiner and Ivan. These characters had enormous armour values and carried huge amounts of weaponry. They were presumably put there as a test feature and left in either as an oversight or as a joke.

Thanks for the comments ...suggestions.......I was aware of tweaking armor values and such.....(though I didn't realize this also effected morale underfire....but that does make sense).

I will also adjust weights (I didn't know about that either).

Thanks.

I think there should be 1 through 6 levels in experience and morale - With "6" being much above the others in terms of breaking down and such....
meade95
Felwbel
Felwbel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Mod And Map Making Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.