CC3 large map hack question

CC Mod and Map Makers Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

CC3 large map hack question

Postby GameRat » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi,
Does Demiurg's CC3 large map exe hack work with the Configuration manager?
To further explain my question: once the exe hack is done ... can you still use the config. manager to swap different mods in and out of CC3?

Is there a plug-in version for this large map CC3 exe hack?
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: CC3 large map hack question

Postby schrecken » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:42 pm

See here for exe's for various mods for Cross of Iron.

http://closecombatonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14325
schrecken

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:26 am

The plain text answer, GameRat, is that configuration managers are just file swapping utilities. They don't care what is in the files, all they do is swap files in and out of game folders.

So, yes, it will work as long as the plugin and install files are assembled correctly; what is inside the .EXE file, or any other file, has nothing to do with the workings of any of the config managers, and they have nothing to do with what is in them. It's a GIGO thing, both on the configuration manager side and the content of those files side.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GameRat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:53 am

Thanks for the reply guys.

Still have a few questions ... if you have the time.

CC3:
1) Say a person hacks the exe with the hex edit values Demiurg provided, and now CC3 can use larger size maps ... and then installs the WF mod. Will the exe map hack still work when WF is installed, or will a seperate hack for WF be required?

COI:
1) Is it still possible to mod the same as CC3, like this: edit the files, install as a plug-in to test it, then uninstall and edit again ... repeat?

2) So if I had COI ... I could install WF and then the exe WF map hack, and then edit the files I need to like mentioned above?

I'm asking these questions to prepare for the possilbe making of a large map and related small mod, using WF as a base. Need to know what is going to be the most easy CC to use.

Thanks
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby schrecken » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:55 am

The WF mod uses a hacked exe .. to change commander names/battle names / uniforms etc.
The big map hack needs to be applied to that exe.

If you change the stock cc3.exe then when WF is installed you will lose the big map capability

1) yes, using modswap instead of config manager.

2) Yes... or just replace the wf exe with the big map exe that Curtain6? has provided.
schrecken

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GameRat » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks schrecken
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Mod And Map Making Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.