stm.zip
(6.79 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
schrecken

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Tree Mod stuff - CC3

Postby GameRat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi schrecken,
Thanks for the link.

I didn't end up using it though, since it is a dos program, and by viewing the read me file ... I think it us just an unpacking tool.
The last problem I had (and was asking help for) was not in the unpacking or repacking of the TERRAIN file (mafi's tools does a brilliant job of doing that, with a modern GUI) ... the difficulty was trying to match the element number with the tree graphic file that corresponds to it.
I thought maybe someone had made a table (or report) that listed this ... I guess not.
When I thought about doing this about a week ago, I was trying to remember what it was that helped me decide to stop this process the last time I tried (a year or more ago). I knew it was more than just making the graphics ... and now as the process continued, I ran into this file association problem between the element number and the graphic file number.
Some of you must think I'm pretty stupid for not remembering this from last time. Don't feel bad for thinking that ... cause I think the same. :D

Nevertheless, I've begun the process of making a table ... by opening up and viewing the tree graphic files and categorizing them and then linking each file to its element number.

Thanks again
David
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Terrain - barren tree?

Postby GameRat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi,
While testing all the trees on a map ... I noticed the fall trees appeared twice while testing the original CC3 TERRAIN file. They appeared where they were supposed to (as fall trees), but also in all the barren tree slots.
Is there a known bug in CC3 with the barren trees not showing as barren trees when they are selected to be on a map?

Thanks
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby schrecken » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:53 pm

I think STM out puts a CC3TerrainAppendixReport.xls when it unpacks.

I have a table with "Lookup" for the trees that works with CCMT... I haven't looked at it for months, since I made it.

I'll check if it's the same as CoI/CC3

Doesn't mafi's tool out put a CC3TerrainAppendixReport.xls too?
schrecken

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GameRat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:34 pm

Hi schrecken,
Thanks for mentioning the stm program and its ability to generate a report. I haven't tried it yet though. I installed java, but forgot the proper way of typing into the cmd.exe dialog box in order to make it work ... been a while since I've used that pesky dos stuff.

mafi's unpack program did generate a report, but the numbers don't match the elements data in the 5CC map program ... and therefore isn't very useful.

I may be doing something wrong though ... wouldn't be the first time. :)

Thanks again for your help with this
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby yukongold » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:51 am

Hmmmmmm, I posted this spreadsheet in a thread some time back, but the attachment seems to have evaporated. Anyway, here it is again. Hope this helps you with your project, GameRat.

The fall trees and barren trees share the same graphics, but have different elements associated with them; the cover and protection values are a bit different. In the element file it is the "type" entry that evokes a given graphic in the Terrain file.

cheers
Attachments
CC Terrain Workbook.zip
(36.79 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
yukongold
Stabsfeldwebel
Stabsfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GameRat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:33 am

yukongold wrote:Hmmmmmm, I posted this spreadsheet in a thread some time back, but the attachment seems to have evaporated. Anyway, here it is again. Hope this helps you with your project, GameRat.

The fall trees and barren trees share the same graphics, but have different elements associated with them; the cover and protection values are a bit different. In the element file it is the "type" entry that evokes a given graphic in the Terrain file.

cheers

Thank you very much yukongold! :D
That will save me a lot of time. I have 21 trees in now, but I had to put them in the terrain file one at a time, and rebuilt it ... then rebuilt the plugin and install the mod, start the game and note the tree on a element grid ... repeat
Now I can make the rest of the trees and just rebuilt the terrain file once.
Very much appreciated.

David
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Brecourt tree mod CC3

Postby GameRat » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:57 am

Here is a screen shot of the new trees in game on the Brecourt aerial.
I did some testing and I decided to place similar size tree graphics on top of the real trees and use their shadows. Better than trying to chop out the original shadows and use the tree graphic ones ... seems to work good anyway.

Thanks for all who helped.
Attachments
BrecourtTreeModCC3.jpg
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GameRat » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:36 am

To Admin ... sorry about the .jpg size in the above post, I thought I was linking it to my storage. It's larger than your maximum ... please remove it.

And here is a link to another screenshot:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/eriennelab/graphics/BrecourtTreeModTest2.jpg
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Senior Drill » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 am

Great looking trees on the photo realistic terrain, Dave. And I see the logic you've used that the photo terrain shadows dictate the tree style emplaced. Pity about the units in those areas, but this is the closest approach to using real trerrain in CC that I've seen so far and the results are very promising.

Working within the restrainsts, conventions and constrainsts of the CC game system, you are definately on a roll here. Depending on YOUR interpertation of how the units should blend with the terrain for this project, I can see that some color fine tuning will be needed on uniform colors and possibaly the Guns.azp colorations. I'd like to see a screen shot of the same or like area as the link photo with the outlines turned off.

You're fighting the Good Fight here, Dude! Atta Boy, Atta Girl, Drive on, Keep it up, Go Man Go, .... you choose the encouraging words, they are there for you!
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854
Senior Drill

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GameRat » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:04 am

Thanks for the comments Randall.

The unit colors are stock WF 9.1, with the the dark green being FJ. I was thinking of just using the gray all around for the German side, but haven't got around to editing it yet.
What color adjustments would you make?
The leFH 18/40 was something I put together and was trying to get close to a German tan color, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks again for you help with this :D
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Nutch/CVS [Bot] » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:59 am

WOW! was just thinking, damn that looks realistic, then I just grasped the fact it was an aerial after re-reading thread.
Sure looks a beauty, nice job.

gotta get me self a helicopter now :D
Nutch/CVS [Bot]
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby GameRat » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:53 am

Senior Drill wrote: I'd like to see a screen shot of the same or like area as the link photo with the outlines turned off.

here you go

http://www.members.shaw.ca/eriennelab/graphics/BrecourtTreeModTest4.jpg
GameRat
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby CSO_Talorgan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:36 pm

These screenshots look superb, but presumably Ctrl-T reveals an odd world with units atop trees?
CSO_Talorgan
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby schrecken » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:00 am

The map looks great and nice touch with the flipped shadows.
schrecken

Like / Share CSO - Post

PreviousNext

Return to Mod And Map Making Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.