New Mod IDEAS - THOUGHTS ? Not Done Before?

CC Mod and Map Makers Forum

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Re: New Mod IDEAS - THOUGHTS ? Not Done Before?

Postby ke_mechial » Wed May 06, 2015 8:28 pm

@Sulla
Vehicles carrying troops are available since Modern Tactics, and since PITF they even tow Artillery and AT guns when mounted. :)
By the way, Burma (Commonwealth vs. Japan) and Malaya would be my favorite, too. Especially, I would love to see Malaya, because it is outside WWII and could have more advanced weaponary.
But what really surprises me is, there is still no decent Falkland Mod, yet.
ke_mechial
Obergerfreiter
Obergerfreiter

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby KG_Werfer » Thu May 07, 2015 9:17 am

The way both Brake and Legion have been turning out mods? Never can tell. Seems they might be next with a Guadalcanal one when Tarawa is done for COI.

Micha has a PeG-WW2 mod for Falkland War if you want it Mechial:

JP Panzer Falkland War

Cheers,
Werf
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Tiewaz » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:26 am

I prefer interwar years to early WW2. The following on your list caught my eye…
“Burma - Commonwealth V Japanese” – Entirely missed by all CC versions, I say more Asian mods with the Japs.

“Polish-Soviet War [1919-1921]” – I’m listening…
“Gothic Line” – CSO_Axreal and I were collaborating on a Italy mod that covered th e landings and ending with reaching the Gustav Line…this is another battle that would make for a great CC mod!
“Sicily” - As with Italy and the Mediterranean in general, another theater that has been strangely missed!
Dozens of mods and even CC versions use CC to depict battles or campaigns massively bigger than any used in the US Civil War
Size of the force is not the point of contention. Cavalry cannot be modeled with the CC classic engine w/o a major overhaul, Has more to with animations, fx, and the tactic used in th 1860s.
There are many ‘Cavalry’ BGs in various CC mods. But they are fighting on foot; an abstraction that assumes that the horses are put safely away, or they ran off, etc. CW cavalry soldiers charged and fought primarily while mounted. Until major changes are made on older CC engines (which will never happen); blah, anway.
Tiewaz

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby KG_Werfer » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:14 am

Always wanted to see an Italy mod of some type from the CC community, but a completed one just never materialized. There is the.. Think 4 maps and partial Italy mod, forget as not played CC for months now.

Woyld have thought Matrix had gone to Italy for one of the 2 dozen remakes they did.. But no..
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Recon_Scout » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:33 pm

Italy would be interesting, the terrain would make for great defensive battles for the Germans.
Recon_Scout

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby KG_Werfer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:40 am

Recon_Scout wrote:Italy would be interesting, the terrain would make for great defensive battles for the Germans.

At least Battlefront took care of Italy, with much of it being covered in CMAK and of course Shaun's latest project TAC.

Matrix had numerous chances to cover Italy and North Africa, yet spent too much time rehashing Europe time after time before abandoning the platform altogether.

Maybe have gotten to critical now.. Still my 2C.

Werf
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Bel8910 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:25 pm

CSO mates,

These are the mods I have completed:

Operation: Downfall- the Invasion of the Japanese Homeland
Vietnam '68- a general Vietnam mod taking place in and around the Au Shau Valley (including LZ X-Ray) that can be easily converted to:
Battle of Khe Sahn
both being based on the excellent CCIII Vietnam mod
38 North Yankee- the invasion of South Korea
Operation: Reforger- a re-make of the "Red Storm Rising" scenario taking place in and around the Fulda Gap
Desert Storm
Operation: Phantom Fury- battle of Fallujah (both DAK_Legion and I worked this mod)
Israeli Defense Force (IDF)- an updated, modern take on "Valley of Tears"
The Guns of August- a WWI mod that can be converted to:
Boxer Rebellion in China
Colonial Marines (yes, from the Aliens Franchise, this is actually a mix of Aliens and Avatar where there is basically a civil war between the corrupt Weyland-Yutani and the Marines that have discovered what the corporation is really up to. I did it just to make the weapons/ship/vehicle mods)

Games in process: Independence 1778
Future games: American Civil War

And yes, the CC engine does not support Independence or even the Civil War but like the Colonial Marines mod, I am doing it to "develop" the weapons/artillery of the time. All of these games are on the PITF/GTC engine because I, personally, like the way the BG/FP/Units are structured. And except for my own maps, I enjoy the rich texture of the maps found in those two games.

Other Games (CCMT engine):
Future War (future weapons/tech)
Global War (using today's weapons/vehicles etc in a myriad of environments)

To give credit due: DAK_Legion has been my sounding board for many of these games and he has graciously posted most of them on this site. I think Downfall, Guns of August and Colonial Marines are the only ones not available.

Check them out and tell me what you think.

http://www.closecombat.org/Downloads/in ... s/&order=0

Roger, Out,
Bel8910
Bel8910
Obergerfreiter
Obergerfreiter

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Bel8910 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:28 pm

And a NATO vs Russian Federation that takes place in the Crimea area.
Bel8910
Obergerfreiter
Obergerfreiter

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby KG_Werfer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:14 am

I tried several when was actively playing CC and found them quite fun Bel. The later engine is fun it it's own way and agree with you. I don't remember if you were one of the beta testers for either also off hand? I was privileged to be a member of the team for both and found Matrix to be open to what we had to say as far as tips and things we found that might need to be improved.

The game engine is different and believe that was the idea entirely, yet still somewhat the same and that was the intention, unlike this new product they are pushing.

Werf
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Previous

Return to Mod And Map Making Forum

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.