Massive WW1 anniversary wargame.

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

Massive WW1 anniversary wargame.

Postby SAF_Biffa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:49 pm

This might be of interest to some of you who don't just wargame 'digitally' it's a project I've been working on for almost a year now, strangely most of the players involved are both reenactors and Close Combat fanbois:

A pretty pic of the sort of thing we're going to do with it, it's all destructible.

Anyway hope I put this in the right place, I would write a fuller article on the merits of sand tables that maybe of interest, I built my first one when I was 13, the idea came from Grandad who use to work in the map room at Sandhurst, if this is the right place and if you guys are interested I could add updates since the battle is designed to roll on for at least the next year. The figures are Pendragon 10mm's probably about 3-4000 painted and based, the buildings and trees are mainly scratch built by myself, each tree, building fence etc has a more destroyed clone that it will be replaced with, the basic idea is to have an ever changing massive battlefield 7x9 feet and using a sandtable allows us to dig in trenches and add craters as the game progress's. This means the tactical challenges evolve as the environment changes.
SAF_Biffa

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: Massive WW1 anniversary wargame.

Postby Splash Friday » Tue May 13, 2014 1:33 am

Fantastic job!

I'd definitely like to see the updates and follow along as it progresses.
Splash Friday

Like / Share CSO - Post

Return to Articles - Historical - CC Mod Reviews Etc

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.