ke_mechial wrote:Ok let's try, please excuse me, if my thoughts are silly or irrelevant, just brainstorming:
1) I actually never understood the logic behind the different columns in CC5 in unit selection screen, I mean "first platoon", "second platoon" and "support teams". In Deployment phase, you place command teams by checking their command circle, by pressing space. There is no importance if the command team of first platoon is near the rifle team of second platoon or a support team, or is there? I would actually like a new approach, where teams were directly assigned to their specific command team, or how it goes in real life in army, or dismiss that column feature at all, it is then just useless and confusing.
kweniston wrote:- Add elevation as a bonus/malus factor when attacking or defending a hill.
- Use weather influences on the movement of infantry/armor/mobilized infantry on the strategic map and battle fields
- On terrain interaction: possibility to purposely destroy buildings/hedges/trees, in order to create line of sight, for example.
- Booby traps/mines/bombs/molotov cocktails, improvisation when ammo supplies dwindle.
- Generate some more focus on well performing individual units. It's nice to see great units perform, and awful to see them die. Reversely, let the opponent know they killed a star tank commander, which is good for their morale.
- Give snipers a more important role, somehow.
Great ideas. I would like to see building destroying, too. Of course, Engineer team concept needs a touch. They could have an option in the menu: "blow up" maybe? and for mine clearing "clear the area" special to these teams. Besides, buildings would be flammable, I mean if you fire flamehthrower on a building, it should not just burn a point. The fire would steadily spread out burn the building as in the reality, even the next-door house could be affected.
I would also like more zoomability and more detail for units, this flash game is a fine model for raiding buildings and close up view:
http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Action/SAS-Z ... sault.html
Troops could be positioned on the roofs not just inside the buildings. Same is true for multistory buildings. I mean one team on the first floor, other on the second floor, other on the roof. Finally, buildings could be only accessible through the doors and windows or you would have to blow a wall. And when I mean door and window, what about hearing the sound of breaking door or window and soldier has a title in status monitor "breaching" and giving effort like in melee? I mean it is just unrealistic a team is not entering a building, just walking onto an area.
This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.
Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.