To All Players Old and New

CSO General Forum for CC and CSO related topics

Moderators: KG_Werfer, Sulla

To All Players Old and New

Postby Sulla » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Hia Guys,

Well for most of us its been an awful long time and much has happened. I am sure most if not all of you have moved on from CC. If you have feel free to send me a fuck off or similar email :) this email shaunwallace@live.ie and sulla@closecombat.org both work

Many things happened over the coure of the years, some of which I wish I could take back or do over. However, past is past and CC at least via the re-releases seems to be doing ok. Matrix is not keen on promoting any sites out of its control, so there are very few out there. Looks like even CSS has gone over to the dark side. For anything I may have done to any of you in the past, I am sorry!

Now, back to the future [sorry now] Emoji. I have kept the 2 domains going, the main one being www.closecombat.org and have reinstalled forums, CMS, Download manger etc. Essentially only the forums are ready to go as of now and they still need customisation. But I feel its important to get them live. I ported everything over from VB and am using a much better, more robust and usable forum system now. Currently there are over 100,000+ old posts, mostly on the old moddinf scene etc mixed in with the usual lol.

I have a download site set to host every single download ever produced, from CC1 thru to panthers. The CMS and other software will come online as I gauge interest levels. I also have plans to start an independent review site, at the moment Marix/Slitherine own Wargamer and Armchair general, so the 2 main sites that review their titles are in house, having run Wargamer for a couple of years, I know just how much or little freedom in reviews there are. The main thing for me though is that CC is still around and that forums exist and the downloads long into the future. I already see Matrix leaning towards dropping mods etc. Simple as soon as its not profitable it will vanish. I want to forestall this if I can. Sidenote, Ryans forums going was a blow!

I am looking for help in any shape or form you can, from moderating forums to helping with content. If you can't help, fine sorry to have bothered you [again!]

Lastly, my long-term goal is to build a closecombat that has more than a game of chequers as a strat level. A game with real strategic choices and a great SAI.

You can find the forums here:
http://www.closecombat.org/csoforums/

I hope to hear from some of you, if not, I will move onwards and upwards! Good luck to you all in whatever you are doing!

Cheers - Shaun aka Sulla.
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Re: To All Players Old and New

Postby VicKevlar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:10 pm

bout damn time Shaun! :)

Just wish I had my old name back. :mad:
VicKevlar

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Sulla » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:06 pm

Will fix name mate.

Busy sorting anti SPAM meausures lol!

Presuming you are still the Vik I know, how about becoming a moderator! Damn good to be back mate ;)

Sulla
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby VicKevlar11 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Yep...same ole same ole. Had to popin after your FB posts. I think Southern Land said awhile back you were kicking the tires on getting CSO backup and going. :)

Funny comment on the moderator thing! :D

I may have to digup the discs again....I put away CC after LSA came out....the issues were crushing to me and I don't have The Thumb's patience anymore. ;)
VicKevlar11

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby pfc.Michael » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Sulla wrote:Lastly, my long-term goal is to build a closecombat that has more than a game of chequers as a strat level. A game with real strategic choices and a great SAI.

Cheers - Shaun aka Sulla.

Hello,
Are you saying you have a means of creating a new CC?
Is this something different than what Matrix is doing?

Thanks,
And welcome back.
pfc.Michael
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby doggie » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:25 pm

You're free to advertise and round up lost sheep at my place. Shaun is already registered.

In case you forgot:

http://www.maddogdrivethru.net/index.php?

good luck
doggie

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Sulla » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:38 am

Hia Guys,

Matrix is still using the old codebase, cleaned up, shiny, but the old codebase. Steve has done wonders with the old code, especially given what Matrix pay, but still the old code. Most of the major changes were done when Simtek was working for USMC, JTAC, AT, 3rd Civilian side, assymetric warfare.

I have several old design docs for CC done by several people, including the last one by Keith Z and the team at Atomic. RP was not too good lol. But many are good and starting a new CC "type" project is not hard. Depends on who you know. Thats for the future anyway, but certainly a brand new CC like game is on the cards.

The main purposes for me and getting CSO going are:

1. To Provide an alternative to The Matrix forums now Ryans etc has gone, also about time CSO was back methinks. Somewhere you dont have to toe the part line.
  2. To give a place where every file created for every version of CC has a home, one that will stay around.
  3. A new site to review strategy games titles that is not Wargamer or Armchair General
  4. Ultimately to create a new title. I have learned much about creating and developing games, the world has changed vastly in the last 4 years. Gamewise there are 2 projects very close to my heart and a REAL brand new version of CC is one.
  5. A new site for promoting mods, CC, maps etc.
  6. Whatever else the future throws up!

If you can help in any way, feel free to offer, also spread the word that CSO is back ;)

Cheers - Sulla
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Sulla » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:01 am

LOL, Vik, I fixed your name, whts up with the II? :shock:

Sulla
Sulla

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Stwa » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:47 am

Sulla wrote:The main purposes for me and getting CSO going are:

[list=1][*]To Provide an alternative to The Matrix forums now Ryans etc has gone, also about time CSO was back methinks. Somewhere you dont have to toe the part line.

Thanks, because the "line" was creeping through every crack while you were gone.

I am glad that you are back, and wish you much happiness with this site.
Stwa
Obergerfreiter
Obergerfreiter

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby KG_Werfer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 pm

It's like old times again with CSO site back up. Glad you got the forums up-n-running. Had a bit of a nostalgia run scanning over the forums Sully.
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby spare » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi shuan would be nice to get cc4 and cc5 working again so far it wont on windows vista etc ... any links on help threads on that subject would be good.

rgds Dave (x platoon_spare)
spare

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby KG_Werfer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:18 pm

spare wrote:Hi shuan would be nice to get cc4 and cc5 working again so far it wont on windows vista etc ... any links on help threads on that subject would be good.

rgds Dave (x platoon_spare)

Should be nothing else to do, other than change install location.

here:

C:/Program Files/SSI/Close Combat Invasion Normandy

Then? Use something like (example) Damon tools (free edition), run and ISO copy of CC5 so you don't have to use the disk every time and you are all set.

Then, just install the Mod manager someplace in the *program files* folder and you are set to play any of the mods created.

I have been playing CC5 and it's mods for a few years on Win7/64 since returning to the CC scene after many years away.

JS (KG_Werfer)
KG_Werfer
Hauptfeldwebel
Hauptfeldwebel

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby mooxe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:13 am

Watch on youtube.com

Welcome back! I couldn't stop thinking about this song when I seen the forums up again.
mooxe

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby Tejszd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:24 am

Welcome back Sulla!
Tejszd
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Like / Share CSO - Post

Postby PvT_Grunt_au » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:06 pm

My account was so old it had a Netscape email so I cant even get my password reset! Any way - welcome back!
PvT_Grunt_au

Like / Share CSO - Post

Next

Return to CSO CC Discussion Forums

This site is not affiliated to or has anything relating to the philosophies of any radical, political, racist or fascistic organizations. fight fascism! This site is dedicated and serves as an information-pool to all close combat gamers.

Copyright 2015 -- CloseCombat.Org All Rights are Reserved.